Vainglory Forums

New Mage Hero idea: Aquarius the water mage

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Blissey123 » April 11, 2017 3:58pm | Report
When I was watching the anime fairy tale, I got inspired to make a water mage hero for vainglory. I asked my friend to help me and here it is. Hope you guys like it!
Lore

The Storm Queen’s castle was quieter than it has ever been. Down the elevator Car, Amie stood panting. Frankie the Dwarf had bought her some time by sacrificing himself to save the last of the Stormguard, that is, if she escapes Alpha’s clutches. Also, he has rebooted Alpha to change her commands to stop her from being a killing machine, but he told her that he doesn’t know when will it take effect. He left Grumpjaw under her care, and he walked torwards Alpha and made her angry enough to kill him, enabling Amie and Grumpjaw to escape the elevator car. She quickly looked back, and about 50 metres away, she heard Alpha saying, “WHEREE IS SHE! WHERE ISSSS HER BODY!”
Amie ran, casting a spell that would hopefully block Alpha’s vision range. Unfortunately, she noticed.
“MAGICAL PRESENSE DETECTED. MAGICAL PRESENCE DETECTED. ORDER. KILL STORMGUARD.”
Amie enchanted her boots to run faster, but alas, mages don’t have the best mobility. Amie cursed herself that she was wearing a long gown, which made running even more difficult. She chanced another look back and saw Alpha walking to her, eyes glowing red. She suddenly stopped. The spell bought her some time.
“PR-RESENCE DETECTED. NOT IN VISION RANGE BUT PRESENCE DETECTED! WHERE ISSSSSSSSS SHE! THE 3rd SURVIVING STORMGUARD!”
Amie ran, and decided to ride on Grumpjaw’s Back.
Grumpjaw ran and ran, and they were able to escape the Stormqueen’s Castle completely. She was so exhausted but she couldn’t take chances. She urged Grumpjaw to keep on going, until she arrived near a beautiful, tranquil lake. Beside it, was a girl.
She was tall and regal, and she was wearing a beautiful blue gown with wave embroidery. She was holding a staff, a blue staff with a magical pearl at its core. A mage, Amie whispered to herself. She looked so familiar, even if she didn’t remember seeing her before.
She went off Grumjaw and advanced torwards her. She was wary, but her instincts told her that she was friendly. She said to her,
“Hello. Who are you?”
The girl was surprised to be discovered there. She looked deep into Amie’s eyes. They were light blue, gazing so intensely at her. Something in Amie’s head clicked. Those eyes. She had seen them before in her childhood.
“Aquarius. How about yours?”
Aquarius. Another pang of familiarity hit Amie.
“I never knew my real name, but we were given code names in the organization I was in. My code name is Amie.”
The girl studied her, and her eyes widened.
“For many years, I have been looking for my sister. She was taken away from my life when she joined this organization called the Storm Guard. Were you from the Strom Guard?”
“Yes, but the Stormguard disbanded as the Stormqueen made Alpha a weapon against us because we switched sides as she was evil.”
“Are you telling me the news I heard was true? That Alpha, a former Stormguard became evil and killed all the Stormguard except you, Catherine, and Kestrel?”
“Yes.” Tears started rolling from Amie’s eyes. “All my friends, dead. I have no idea where Catherine and Kestrel are.”
Tears also formed around Aquarius’ eyes. “My sister might be dead?”
“That isn’t a far off possibility,” Amie replied.
Aquarius broke down. “All of the years I spent searching for her might all be a waste? Please, tell me you’re joking.”
“I’m not.”
Aquarius wept, not just an ordinary weep, it was a weep of pure grief and depair. Amie also couldn’t help but feel sorry for her. After weeping for a few minutes, she asked Amie, “Where were you before the joining the Stormguard?”
“I lived with the Gythians until I was brought to the Stormguard, I remember. I also had a bigger sister, but I don’t remember her name.”
The girl’s eyes widened. “I’m also Gythian. I also had a little sister who was taken away to the Stormguard. Could you be my long lost sister?”
The 2 girls looked each other with wonder and amazement, until Alpha ruined the moment.
“STORMGUARD DETECTED. EXTERMINATE.”
“Run!” cried Aquarius. “I’ll hold her back. I have been learning water magic for the past 7 years!”
Aquarius summoned a whirlpool at alpha’s location. Her wires and gears made creaking noises. “ORDER EXTERMINATE STORMGUARD FAILED. FAILED. FAILED. SYSTEM SHUTTING DOWN.”
“Don’t kill her!” cried Amie. “She was like us before! Frankie’s rebooting must have worked!”
“Who’s Frankie?”
“The dwarf that created her, erased her memories except how to fight. He realized he made a mistake creating her, so he tried to a final good act and left his pet Grumpjaw in my care.”
The girl looked at Alpha and at Grumpjaw. She stopped the whirlpool and approached Alpha.
Her armour was coming off. Her core was sizzling with energy. Her mask came off and revealed a young girl, weeping. Amie ran to her and asked, “Why are you crying?”
“I killed them. I killed them all. Why? Why did I have to become like this?”
“Don’t worry now. We understand why you had to,” comforted Amie.
“But it doesn’t erase my sins from the past! It’s better to just die now rather than feeling guilty for it for life!”
“Don’t! Frankie saved you and given you a second chance in life! Don’t make it all a waste,” argued Aquarius. “Come with me now, your sins are forgiven.”
Daisy managed to stand up and the 3 girls stood hand in hand, watching the sunset by the lake. Amie and Aquarius smiled, and Daisy finally managed to smile, weakly, and she passed out.

New Hero idea (Kassyweird and Me)
Aquarius
Aquarius is a Water Mage that excels at long fights. She has amazing sustain and the longest range, but she doesn’t have as much damage as other mages. To compensate, she has her perk which makes her more powerful as the battle goes on, higher health and defence than other mages, and her ultimate is the most devastating. Thankfully, it has a long cooldown so it can only be used 2 to 4 times in the whole game. It also must be noted that she has the most utility of all mages(except Lyra).

Health: 787-1809
Weapon Damage: 62
Movement Speed: 3.3
Shield: 20-65
Armour: 20-65
Range: 6.6
Attack: 100%
Energy: 375-927

Perk
Aqua Power
Aquarius gain one stack of Aqua Power whenever she basic attacks. She increases her current defense by 5%, her Weapon Damage by 10%, Weapon ratio by 5% and her crystal ratio in her abilities by 5% whenever she basic attacks. She also gets 3 aqua power stacks if she uses an ability on an enemy and it hits. Max 10 stacks. It fades after not basic attacking for 4 seconds and using abilities for 4 seconds and after wards, 3 stacks diminish per second.
Abilities

Dewdrop
Aquarius summons a whirlpool of water that does summon damage and damage over time. It also gains a slow in the later levels which can be increased with crystal power. Take note that it can be used to reveal enemies. Whirlpools get bigger after upgrading it. Take note it does no summon damage to minions.
1 2 3 4 5
Summon Damage 30 50 70 95 120 (crystal ratio 50%)
Damage over
Time (seconds) 50 80 150 225 300 (crystal ratio 60%)

Energy Cost 50 50 50 50 50
Slow 0% 0% 5% 10% 15% (crystal ratio 10%)
Cooldown 3.2 2.7 2.2 1.8 1.5
Duration 3 5 7 8 10
Range: 7 7 7.5 8.5 10

Aqua Steal
Aquarius summons a Sea Urchin that deals DOT damage and spike damage whenever an enemy steps on it. A certain percent of the damage done is converted into health for Aquarius. She can summon multiple at a time. Take note that sea urchins have a small vision range. Crystal Power can be used to increase its duration.
Spike damage 50 80 150 200 250 (weapon ratio 70%, Crystal ratio 30%)
DPS 50 70 100 150 200 (Crystal Ratio 30%, Weapon Ratio 20%)
Life Steal 10% 20% 25% 30% 40%
Energy Cost 65 65 65 65 65
Range 6 6 7 8 9
Duration 4 5 6 7 9 (1.5% crystal ratio)
Cooldown 5.5 5 4 3.5 2.7

Tsunami
Aquarius summons a Tsunami that travels around the map. It does massive damage but Aquarius loses all her stacks of Aqua power and it won’t be able to get any for a few seconds. It can only be summoned with full stacks of Aqua Power. Take note that it is a global ultimate. It has a width of the whole lane. Take note that the Crystal Ratio can be increased to 500% with full stacks. She can also use a reflex block while she is immobile.
1 2 3
Damage: 800 1500 2700(450% Crystal Ratio)
Energy Cost: 350 400 500
Cooldown: 350 250 150
Delay: 2.5 2 1.5
Inability to
Get stacks
(sec) 5 4 3
Immobility 4.5 4.25 3.5 (Cooldown speed decreases immobility time with a minimum of 2
Slow on
herself: 50% 40% 30%
Slow on
Enemies: 40% 50% 60%
Speed: 20ms 22ms 25ms

Weaknesses of Aquarius
Stuns, Aftershock, Poison Shivers, Mortal Wound, Inability to move
Strengths of Aquarius
Bursty Heroes, Fast heroes, Healers, long fights,

Pls comment below and tell me what you think :)
PS: The numbers 12345 represent the upgrade level if u people are confused.
PS2: Lore done!

For more awesome hero ideas from the community, follow this link! :)
http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/guide/commuity-hero-ideas-20082
IGN: Blissey123
Hero mains: Lyra, Catherine, Koshka, Idris, Celeste, Kestrel, Flicker,Celeste
Heroes that I am good at but I don't have: Joule
Practicing: Kestrel, Celeste, Vox, Idris
Tier: Worthy Foe Silver
Best Heroes: Lyra, Catherine, Idris, Kestrel, Koshka, Vox, Celeste

Blissey123
Notable (17)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Takuisgud » April 17, 2017 12:58pm | Report
She seems like a nice hybrid mage type of hero since her perk and her ratios

She seems like a insane mage who does tons if crazy damage but has like no escapes

Overall great hero idea
Me Random student

Takuisgud
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Blissey123 » April 20, 2017 4:00pm | Report
Thank You :)
PS1: Her A gives her an Escape route. If you remember her perk, which increases crystal ratio, the slow get's stronger. Her perk is like Breaking Point or Broken Myth except in a form of a perk.

PS2: She is mainly a late game mage. She does not do crazy damage at the begenning of a teamfight, making her weak to ganking and if she doesn't farm well, you might as well be dead.
IGN: Blissey123
Hero mains: Lyra, Catherine, Koshka, Idris, Celeste, Kestrel, Flicker,Celeste
Heroes that I am good at but I don't have: Joule
Practicing: Kestrel, Celeste, Vox, Idris
Tier: Worthy Foe Silver
Best Heroes: Lyra, Catherine, Idris, Kestrel, Koshka, Vox, Celeste

Blissey123
Notable (17)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved