Vainglory Forums

Dealing with a Saw Laner

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by SamuraiJack » June 9, 2016 8:33pm | Report
Recently there seems to be proliferation of Saw players. Generally, laners are having difficulty dealing with him. Just a couple thoughts that may help if you are a laner and going against a Saw. I usually play Ringo, so I'll write as if I am playing a Ringo. I think Celeste is easiest to play against a Saw.

Generally a Saw player will use a pattern of playing where he quickly revs up his rapid fire in order kill off minions and players. Fastest way to do that for a Saw is to use his "B" ability, which is a plus and minus for his opponent. Avoid getting caught. If you are not caught you can use Ringo ability and hit'em a few times, then run. Hit and run. Hit and run.

When Saw is in the rapid fire mode, don't go head to head, unless you have a team ganking on him. Otherwise avoid it... you will die!

Fight after his rev has cooled down. So generally he'll kill the minions and in order to get to your turret, he'll have to rev out and use skill "B" to start the rapid fire again.

Here are a few thoughts:
1. Already mentioned: Hit and run, hit and run
2. Depending on the Saw's build, get a light armor or shield. It'll help but it won't save you if you go head to head.
3. Watch out for a Shank, especially for CP Saw.

So early on find opportunities to hit and run... and continue to build yourself up.
I have gone where I can go head on head and win... with right armor and right equipment you can out damage a Saw.

My build: BS, TR, MON, SB + Defense Item.

Hope that was helpful. If anyone else has better thoughts please make comments to help the community. Thanks.

SamuraiJack
Quote | PM | +Rep by Apocalypse27 » June 14, 2016 9:30pm | Report
When theres a SAW laner he is either a troller or a very good player, so play cautiously in early game, get ur items and wreck him late game. SAW is the worst chracter late game because an atlas will shut him down.

Apocalypse27

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved