Vainglory Forums

Skye Build Discussion Thread!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Halcius » September 3, 2015 7:08pm | Report
I've met quite a few others in Casual already. I want to hear what you all think!
She is not an amazing laner from what I can tell. Her A & B abilities are very bad pokes compared to Supernova Heliogenesis, Fireball, Resonance Bounce, Achillies Shot, etc.

Weak laner, should she Jungle? Support seems to be out of the question as she is too squishy and her abilities are designed for securing kills.

Halcius
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by WilliamTheBold » September 3, 2015 11:48pm | Report
Well as a matter of fact I'll label her more of a specialized laner, she is to my opinion a more similar to Catherine if you choose to build that way. In my recent experiments on her, I build her as follows and it worked very well, she was like a fortress wall on lane with all 3 laners having hard time to advance with her on lane. I scored average 4/2/14 - 9/1/18 with this build.
1 warhorn
2 fountain
3 surrowblade
4 shatter glass
5 Crucible
6 boots
On my 2nd slot I did not go for fountain immediately as I built double tier 2 knives and heavy sword before I built fountain and rest as above.try it and see.

WilliamTheBold
Quote | PM | +Rep by Halcius » September 4, 2015 7:04pm | Report
I'm thinking a Blazing Salvo ASAP is necessary as she depends on her Lock, and her Lock requires getting a basic attack in. You need to get those attacks out at fraction of a second in order to react to ambushes and shifting circumstances in the heat of battle.

Unfortunately it is not a solid investment since attackspeed does nothing for Forward Barrage so the result is a very weak A ability.

Halcius
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by reeiyan » September 4, 2015 10:59pm | Report
I recently tried her out and she's quite a squishy hero on the on set and yes she has a hard time staying on the lane when faced with better ranged enemies. Her A ability works best when locked on a target but getting that lock can prove hard since her range is quite shorter (in my opinion) than other ranged heroes.

reeiyan
Quote | PM | +Rep by CbStrad » September 17, 2015 6:44pm | Report
I've been rolling CP Skye in the jungle and that works pretty well. Barrage ambushes plus Suris for sticking power has ruined a LOT of days.
My usual endgame looks a lot like:

Frostburn
2 Shatterglass
Boots
Broken Myth or Eve of Harvest. Not sure which yet
Potions or maybe Clockwork. Again, not sure

Thoughts?

CbStrad
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Halcius » September 20, 2015 11:29am | Report
I don't think anything really works for Skye right now because she needs some improvements.

Your build for Skye is glasscannon, but Skye needs 2 autoattacks at a range of 5m to activate her perk.
You are guaranteed to take some hits because of this and with no health or defense buff you will probably be the first to die. She depends on her movespeed to outlive the targets she picks a fight with, but you'll be dead by the time you activate it.

Halcius
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by xDeletex » September 24, 2015 5:46am | Report
I would prefer a jungler tanky-WP build with breaking point. She can dodge very good and is able to build up the breaking point rather fast...

xDeletex
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by CbStrad » September 24, 2015 3:20pm | Report
xDeletex wrote:

I would prefer a jungler tanky-WP build with breaking point. She can dodge very good and is able to build up the breaking point rather fast...

Thing is, if you ignore her CP, she loses a LOT of her punch. Her A and B specials put out so much damage it's unreal. The ONLY reason I auto-attack a hero with Skye is to get her perk active.

On that note, I've taken to giving her an Aegis instead of potions. Keeping the CP specialization for those first two abilities, though.

CbStrad
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Halcius » October 4, 2015 12:05pm | Report
I think Skye is now Meta with her perk activation being super fast in 1.9, she can maintain her speed throughout a team standoff and generally stay at an advantage for openings with the short CD on her C + movement speed.

Halcius
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Xyliaivalice1992 » October 22, 2015 3:29pm | Report
Skye is designed to hunt people down. She actually works well in jungle. Especially if you feel like koshka and Taka hunting. She's the finisher in team fights. All she needs is boots and she can hunt a team that's trying to escape with a warhorn. While forward barrage is great for kiting its even better for chasing. Only problem is she lacks the defense to do that very well.
Xyliaivalice koshka, celeste, and ardan. I play for fun, not for sport. I make a decent teammate. Add me.

Xyliaivalice1992
Notable (4)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved