Vainglory Forums

Alpha is completely unfair this patch and before it also

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by PaRaDoX » April 16, 2017 6:11pm | Report
Ok so tell me why the hell does alpha revives even though 3 heroes are hitting her she still revives and then comes her 1st ability they need to decrease its range then comes her 2ND ability there is a problem with it she keeps spamming it its so disgusting ubless you have 3 stun heroes you are going to lose

PaRaDoX
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Blissey123 » April 17, 2017 1:47am | Report
If the Alpha builds Clockwork with Halcyon chargers, she will revive in like 1 second or less. Only CP Alpha can spam her B. However, her A is veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy annoying.

But Bursty heroes kill Alpha very fast.
Against Alpha, you should be Celeste/Kestrel(basically bursty)
IGN: Blissey123
Hero mains: Lyra, Catherine, Koshka, Idris, Celeste, Kestrel, Flicker,Celeste
Heroes that I am good at but I don't have: Joule
Practicing: Kestrel, Celeste, Vox, Idris
Tier: Worthy Foe Silver
Best Heroes: Lyra, Catherine, Idris, Kestrel, Koshka, Vox, Celeste

Blissey123
Notable (17)
Quote | PM | +Rep by RxyDxy » April 17, 2017 3:23am | Report
I wouldn't agree with the celeste pick against Alpha, reflex block will be all the Alpha needs to survive the stun, and it's more likely she will do more damage to the Celeste than the other way around. Celeste just isn't a very reliable hero imo, Heliogenesis is a bit too difficult to land to make her damage output reliable. Personally I prefer Skye against Alpha, since there's not much an Alpha can do to a FB Skye once the Alpha uses her spells. Even if she reserves her spells for you, Suri Strike resets the fight to your advantage.
IGN: RxyDxy
Region: SEA
Current Rank: The Hotness (Silver)
Favourite Heroes: Koshka, Rona, Flicker, Alpha

RxyDxy
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by PaRaDoX » April 19, 2017 3:27am | Report
Blissey123 wrote:

If the Alpha builds Clockwork with Halcyon chargers, she will revive in like 1 second or less. Only CP Alpha can spam her B. However, her A is veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy annoying.

But Bursty heroes kill Alpha very fast.
Against Alpha, you should be Celeste/Kestrel(basically bursty)

no bursty hero I've tried was capable of killing her let alone Gwen i had the most bursty build i could get and it was nothing the only way you can kill her if you stun her at least twice in a row but due to the lack of in-game chatter its kinda hard to coordinate something like that,since some people will just use the stun at the same time as you and which annoys me,i was capable of defeating it once with a very nice team of people we were Gwen,krul,and cathrine we all saved out stuns for alpha krul would use his stun,then after the stun is over catherine pins her in the ground,then i use mine after i change my position but also we were all firing at her

Celeste and Kestrel are so weak and they get melted almost immediately

and about skye no she cant defeat alpha since if you are building cp skye your abilities needs to hit you'r enemy and her ult is easily avoided you need to only move away from its ability range and its all over and if she uses her first ability alpha will just keep attacking since her 2nd ability will make her survive and keep her alive

PaRaDoX
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Blissey123 » April 19, 2017 4:04pm | Report
Honestly, it completely depends on positioning.

If you were at the front line, you are melted.

Make your captain or jungler take care of Alpha and Celeste/Kestrel/CP Gwen/Burst kills her quick and effective

It also depends on your skill shots. I do fine against an Alpha so probably in skill shots, maybe you just need practice?

If Alpha uses A on you(if you are Celeste), put Celeste's B on yourself+boots, and you'll escape.

In teamfights, you must make sure you stay far away while dealing damage of course.

If you are still having trouble with Alpha, use CP Gwen, an okay counter to Alpha. Maybe try this build.

Shatterglassx2
Stormcrown
Halcyon Chargers
Aegis and Metal Jacket or purely one of them.

Buckshot whateveritslastnameis still does great damage with 2 shatterglass
Storcrown for spamming As
2 defense you you won't die.

I know that Alpha is broken right now, but there are ways to counter her if you use a hero effectively and counter build effectively.

If you still think that bursty heroes won't melt Alpha, how much harder is it for non bursty heroes to kill her?

She reboots too fast burstiness is the only option. A solar storm will take out a chunk of her health.

last tip, frostburn is a counter to Alpha.
IGN: Blissey123
Hero mains: Lyra, Catherine, Koshka, Idris, Celeste, Kestrel, Flicker,Celeste
Heroes that I am good at but I don't have: Joule
Practicing: Kestrel, Celeste, Vox, Idris
Tier: Worthy Foe Silver
Best Heroes: Lyra, Catherine, Idris, Kestrel, Koshka, Vox, Celeste

Blissey123
Notable (17)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Crimsonfire » April 21, 2017 10:36am | Report
Play reim you will trash alpha....play krul you will trash alpha...play Skye you will trash alpha...I even trash her on my vox...buy journey boots...side step the A and stutterstep until she is a pile of broken bits...when you fight alpha NEVER walk in a straight line...stutterstep in circles...and burst isn't the key...out sustain her...play REIM

Crimsonfire
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Crimsonfire » April 21, 2017 10:39am | Report
The best hero to counter Alpha is Catherine...today on my tier 7 smurf...I played rank against alpha, Gwen and Lance...my partner was jungling on Skye...and we had a vox...you know the score? We stomped them 3-19

Crimsonfire
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by x0xXx0x » April 21, 2017 11:40am | Report
Alpha has counters like Rona, Krul etc...learn to use them! Also you are wrong saying she is op!
Favorite heroes: Fortress, Krul Support, Rona Support, Taka support

Favorite Skin: All Fortress Skins

Skill Tier: Vainglorious

x0xXx0x
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by PaRaDoX » April 21, 2017 12:15pm | Report
so you think her first ability is not op enough look at that range, and why does she revive so fast unless they introduce another hero that revives she will remain op, its so unfair that she can revive fast and the whole concept of revive is not getting into my head why should she get a 2nd chance they should work on her 3rd ability she is reviving so fast so fast that even if 3 heroes are hitting her she still revives its so unfair to go after enemy heroes and lose 1 of your allies then you are capable of defeating the other enemies and submitting alpha then she revives and kill us both i was ******** rona i used her ult but no her ult was not dealing anything since alpha is spamming her 2nd ability we got dead both of us because alpha can revive so fast and its unfair.

PaRaDoX
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MagikarpUsedHyperBeam » April 21, 2017 12:30pm | Report
PaRaDoX wrote:

so you think her first ability is not op enough look at that range, and why does she revive so fast unless they introduce another hero that revives she will remain op, its so unfair that she can revive fast and the whole concept of revive is not getting into my head why should she get a 2nd chance they should work on her 3rd ability she is reviving so fast so fast that even if 3 heroes are hitting her she still revives its so unfair to go after enemy heroes and lose 1 of your allies then you are capable of defeating the other enemies and submitting alpha then she revives and kill us both i was ******** rona i used her ult but no her ult was not dealing anything since alpha is spamming her 2nd ability we got dead both of us because alpha can revive so fast and its unfair.

She doesn't revive that fast. I've never had any problems with reviving too fast. Her Termination Protocol does however scale with cool-down on how fast she can activate it. If you're having trouble killing her perhaps you're building to defensively. Also her Prime Directive does have a lot of range, but it is also a skill shot. She cannot hit you if you just move to the left or right of it. If you focus on mobility and damage she cannot do much, especially if the person playing her is predictable.

MagikarpUsedHyperBeam
Notable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved