Vainglory Forums

Alpha is completely unfair this patch and before it also

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by PaRaDoX » April 22, 2017 2:16am | Report

She doesn't revive that fast. I've never had any problems with reviving too fast. Her Termination Protocol does however scale with cool-down on how fast she can activate it. If you're having trouble killing her perhaps you're building to defensively. Also her Prime Directive does have a lot of range, but it is also a skill shot. She cannot hit you if you just move to the left or right of it. If you focus on mobility and damage she cannot do much, especially if the person playing her is predictable.

call me blind but she is reviving in 1 sec and its unfair you put her down and wait 1 sec and she revives and we 3 heroes are hitting her why does she revive if 3 heroes are hitting her,the Prime Directive hitbox is broken as its not just the red line that touches you that activates the ability there is a hidden range too since the hitbox is made a square there is a hidden box around that red line,and her 2nd ability is just built to be spammed. thats why they need to increase the cooldown a bit and her HP should not increase to full health again.

PaRaDoX
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Crimsonfire » April 22, 2017 5:22am | Report
At lower tiers like 6-7 people just pick alpha if she is not banned in drafts...you can easily counter pick reim or Skye...if you are a laner..which you seem to be since laners are troubled the most by alpha...you have to learn positioning...let your captain and jungler initiate...if it's an ardan and reim...believe me against an alpha...they will stomp her so hard...you can enter the fight half way and finish up...or flank their laner from behind if you are confident enough...dodge the alpha prime directive and rest is easy...believe me fortress is way more broken than alpha is xD if you face a tier 7-8 fortress (it doesn't have a high skill cap) and he knows what he's doing...you're done for

Crimsonfire
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Crimsonfire » April 22, 2017 5:25am | Report
If you jungle against alpha...pick koshka and let your captain choose adagio...start jungling from your back camps..and by the time you reach your fronts you will be level 2? At level 2 adagio + koshk(with two crystal bits) has the highest damage in game...invade them...make your roam buy an ironguard and an oakheart with a flare...let koshka initiate...use agent ot wrath on her and use gift of fire...you can pretty much 2v3 any comp at level 2 with adagio and koshka

Crimsonfire
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Crimsonfire » April 22, 2017 5:28am | Report
Don't be afraid to invade early game...alpha is weak until she has her aftershock and stormcrown....so invade her and starve her hard...if you are afraid of invading and let alpha farm peacefully the game is over already since koshka falls off late game xd

Crimsonfire
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MagikarpUsedHyperBeam » April 22, 2017 12:15pm | Report
PaRaDoX wrote:

call me blind but she is reviving in 1 sec and its unfair you put her down and wait 1 sec and she revives and we 3 heroes are hitting her why does she revive if 3 heroes are hitting her,the Prime Directive hitbox is broken as its not just the red line that touches you that activates the ability there is a hidden range too since the hitbox is made a square there is a hidden box around that red line,and her 2nd ability is just built to be spammed. thats why they need to increase the cooldown a bit and her HP should not increase to full health again.

It takes her more than 5 secs to revive. If it takes you longer than that for all three heroes to kill her I recommend either Bonesaw against her or Broken Myth. Alpha will only restore all of her health when she revives if she doesn't have any def. All abilities don't show their full range on it's hitbox, that's true with literally every singe hero. Core Charge can't be spammed, because every time Alpha uses it she sacrifices some of her health. When Core Charge is overdrived it takes even more of her health to use it. Alpha is a late game hero if you shut her down early game she can't do squat. Heroes that are good against her are Ringo, Koshka, Fortress, Celeste, a good Taka, and anyone with hard CC. I remember that before they had two starting item instead of one, that Alpha couldn't even clear the first jungle rotation by herself without recalling. It's still kind of like that. Just invade her half way through first rotation, then grief her the rest of the game.

MagikarpUsedHyperBeam
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BlazeChron » April 25, 2017 1:48am | Report
Alpha is quite powerful, especially her Termination Protocol
What I've found quite effective to do to counter her without out tanking is to Silence/Stun her(if you need to/can in the first place) and then quickly burst her health down to zero before the silence/stun ends without her activating her ultimate. Or be a jerk and play CP SAW and burst her down from half health, which will make her think twice about fighting you at all since she does not know when to self destruct.
Also create team conflict for them since she keeps missing her ultimate XD Mind games
If you win, you live
If you lose, you die
If you don't fight, you can't win
A Taka on Kaiten XD

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
BlazeChron
<Editor>
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by PaRaDoX » April 27, 2017 9:35am | Report
Oops i forgot to say she is still unfair,and she was building weapon and her reboot was still quite fast and its unfair her ability needs to be changed she is rebooting way too fast and that is unfair i don't play Catherine what if i wanted to play other heroes that still does not say why she can reboot so fast and her hp is at maximum its totally unfair she get 3 lives why three, she plays as normal heroes do that is 1 life,then she activates her WMD that is a 2nd life,she dies because of her stupidity 1 sec and she is back on again that is a 3rd life, its still unfair until it gets fixed her rebooting is so fast and should not be like that and the fact that she is being used like every time shows how overpowered she is

PaRaDoX
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » April 27, 2017 9:41am | Report
She only gets three lives if she buys echo, which is pretty useless on her as it only decreases her reboot time and essentially decreases her damage by taking up an item slot.
IGN: MaximusPrime
Region: NA
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)
Quote | PM | +Rep by PaRaDoX » April 29, 2017 10:30am | Report
MaximusPrime wrote:

She only gets three lives if she buys echo, which is pretty useless on her as it only decreases her reboot time and essentially decreases her damage by taking up an item slot.

nope she gets 3 lives without echo

1st:when she spawns and start playing like any other hero
2nd life:when she uses her ult
3rd life:when she reboots so fast(Even when building weapon)

i have tried everything its useless unless you play reim and you don't get killed first by that carry especially if its damn gwen and her 2nd ability

PaRaDoX
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BlazeChron » April 29, 2017 8:03pm | Report
Don't target Alpha at the start of the fight. She'll just soak up damage which could be dealt to their Carry. Target the Alpha after their Carry is dead.
And also Alpha's Prime Directive is actually really thin

Even though she has a ton of Broken Myth stacks
Just sidestep her Prime Directive and run away from Termination Protocol

And Infinite Reboot is 5 seconds long without items(I did count it you can try in practice mode) and with like 1 Echo it's 5 - (4(energy recharge) * 15%) = 4.4 seconds not one second.
If you win, you live
If you lose, you die
If you don't fight, you can't win
A Taka on Kaiten XD

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
BlazeChron
<Editor>
Notable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved