Vainglory Forums

Bad Teammates

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » February 8, 2015 9:16am | Report
// MOD NOTE // Please do not call out / mention other players by name, it is considered publish shaming and is against the rules. In addition, do not post screenshots with player's names in an attempt to shame them. If you want to post screenshots of "bad teammates" please scratch out their names in an image editor.

We all have bad games, and additionally we all want a shoulder to cry on when we feel like a teammate has ruined our game. That is totally fine, just keep these rules in mind and be sure to send any player reports to http://www.vainglorygame.com/support/

- Mowen

Hi VG players,

I don't get it. I mean I am level 18 and I have decreased from "pretty good" to skilltier: "Decent-ish" just because I always match with some goofballs. How is that possible? I think that I am a quiet good player, not maybe one of the best skilled ones, but still pretty good. Hence I don't understand why I keep matching with players who seemingly have no clue about how to play the game. Just during my recent game, one of my teammate (Krul player) was constantly running into the enemies base or into their traps with 0 Kills but 15 deaths (!!!). We obviously lost the game after 14 minutes only (I had 14 kills so far with SAW). Is there any possibility that the matching system still needs some improvement or has a bug? Plus I keep playing with people who deserte the match without (at least for me) any reasons.

Am I the only one suffering from the despair of playing with total newbies?

Cheers!

MaximusP
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by DoudJr » February 8, 2015 10:15am | Report
The matchmaking system has been updated since the last update. This update will give a way better matchmaking system in the future, but for now it needs some time to adapt. During this time, players might be matched with players who haven't the same skill levels, but this problem will be erased with time
IGN : DoudJr
Region: EU
Main: SAW, Catherine
Practicing: Adagio, Petal
Skill Tier : Simply Amazing

DoudJr
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » February 8, 2015 2:41pm | Report
Hi!

thank you for replying.
one more question: can i report or tag inappropiate players? just played with a troll. his nickname is [edited by mod]. didnt buy anything, kept playing jungle instead of lane and was going on purpose into the enemies base to get killed. please ban him or punish him for his actions at least.

thank you.

MaximusP
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MrMcgibblets009 » February 8, 2015 5:49pm | Report
I am right there with you. I am always positive on KDR and normally are 10+ on kills and or assists. I normally never have a team of people to play with so I play in the quick play setting and always get matched with one or two idiots who screw the team. It is seriously frustrating because I know I am a solid player but consistently bounce back and forth between pretty good and decent-ish. I am a lvl 17 karma and I am sick of playing with poor and or newbies. Hope they fix that issue.

ID: MrMcgibblets009
Main: SAW/Taka
Skill Tier: Decent-ish

MrMcgibblets009
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » February 8, 2015 7:40pm | Report
Today seems to be a f* bad day for me. The more matches i play the more newbies/trolls/goofballs i am matching with as a teammate. I have lost all of my last recent 5 games because these (pardon) idiots were either stealing my gold from my lane (logical consequence is that none of us both will gain the expected amount of gold - because divided by two), or standing motionless dumb next to me while watching how im putting all my affort to attack the enemies, running away (classic one) instead of saving and helping me, straying around the map without any consistent reasons, not sticking together as a team, buying apprently totally wrong items, beein afk, or just simply beeing dumb and trolling other players. Ah and before I forget. The non plus ultra is when after ten minutes the first maniac starts to vote for surrender and stop playing ffs properly with his teammates. Really. I could rage so hard now!

seriously. you need to fix that matching system ASAP, otherwise this issue may entail major risks of losing good players.

MaximusP
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusP » February 9, 2015 8:24am | Report
somehow i got the feeling that the game is trolling me on purpose. the last 3 games all of my mates deserted the match. congrats!

MaximusP
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by wolf_hands » February 9, 2015 9:09am | Report
Even at The Hotness you can get teammates that feel like they're trolling you. Had a Taka farm like that was the only part of the game that mattered. Left me and other teammate to die several times. Not sure if he was trolling or we got someone that was way lower skill tier.

It's frustrating, but no algorithm can detect intentions. I'm just happy I don't have to wait upwards of 30 mins for a match, just to find out someone is trolling the team.
IGN: wolf_hands
NA Regional Community Manager for SEMC
I'm on Twitter and Twitch too!

wolf_hands
<SEMC Staff>
Remarkable (22)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Wurmslayer » February 9, 2015 8:32pm | Report
Agreed on all accounts. Been matched with noobs like crazy lately and its quite frustrating.

I was just playing Skarf with a Taka and Koshka pair, and they both decided to abandon the jungle and try to lane with me. What's that about? Lost control of both MMs and forget about claiming the GM. Then they wondered why we were losing and wanted to surrender. I refused each time to keep them from ruining another game too quickly. Boo.

Game before that, had a player [edited by mod] who thought he was the man. I was playing Glaive and he was stealing my farm kills from lvl 1 and wouldn't help me in team battles. Eventually, he ended up sitting at spawn trying to get us to surrender. I'll admit he built a good Taka, but his team play was inexcusable. I friended him to try and have a conversation after the match. He told me he was Karma lvl25 and all people did that at that high level. He said he thought I was a noob and running from team fights and so he decided to stop helping me. Running from an ambush more like. And running into a slaughter situation is just as bad. Dying like that looks good but hurts the team.

Anyway, its been pretty defeating lately with the matching. Matches are much more difficult to win as you have to account for the idiots.

Lastly, if it is 2v3 in the lane, and your jungler is going to claim the enemy MM before coming to help, that is a GOOD thing. Strengthening those minions helps the 2 on the lane (who probably shouldn't engage a team of 3 anyway) and it causes the enemy team to divert their attention. If they own the MMs, or at least 1, they'll keep concentrating on the lane. I'm tired of teammates who ignore the MMs! They can turn the tide of a match.
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."
- Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn

Wurmslayer
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Pleepers » February 10, 2015 4:37pm | Report
I think it's possible often times in "Pretty Good" or higher tiers you've been paired with someone that isn't playing their main. Once one is behind in getting cash they just seem noobier than normal.

I've been putting some effort into figuring out Joule and Catherine lately on "Pretty Good" when the only character I've really played before this week is Ringo and this is my first MOBA. It could definitely seem as though I'm some kind of troll as I've honestly no clue what I'm doing in the jungle.

The exception to this is of course is anytime you get paired with anyone that quick selects SAW when he's on free rotation. Those people are trolls. Terrible opponent feeding trolls.
FEEL FREE TO ADD ME NORTH AMERICA, I'M HERE TO SERVE YOU
IGN: Pleepleus
Might be getting Good with: Adagio, Ringo, Catherine
Tier: Pretty Good

Pleepers
Quote | PM | +Rep by HAMMER » February 11, 2015 11:45am | Report
This is what happens when a noob insta-locks saw. SWEET BUILD DUDE, thanks for the good game.
Run N Gun

HAMMER
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved