Vainglory Forums

Card Crafting & Essence Maths

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Szpirglas » March 6, 2017 2:24pm | Report
So, I know there is already posts about it, but I'm gonna post it so it just gets more attention. Plus the crafting system might've changed from the last post I saw about it. Which was back in 2015.

A Tier 1 (Rare) skin has 16 commons and 16 rares.
A common card takes 6 essence to make while only rewarding 1 essence if you destroy it.
c = card(s)
e = essence per card

16c * 6e = 96 essence total
A rare card takes 30 essence to make while only giving back the cost of a common card.
16c * 30e = 480
480 + 96 = 576
576 essence is needed to craft a Tier 1 Skin

Moving onto Tier 2 (Epic) skins, they take 16 Commons, 16 Rares, and 8 epics.
Since we already know the cost of the Rares + Commons combined, we just need the epics.
Epics cost 120 to make while only giving a fourth of it back when destroyed.
8c * 120e = 960
960 + 576 = 1536
1536 essence is needed to craft a Tier 2 Skin

Moving onto the last, but cooler looking tier of skins is the Tier 3 (Legendary) skins.
Tier 3 skins consist of 16 Commons, 16 Rares, 8 Epics, and 6 Legendaries.
We know the cost of the Commons, Rares, and Epics, so we just need the legendaries.
Legendaries cost 360 essence to make while only giving 120 when destroyed.
6c * 360e = 2160
2160 + 1536 = 3696
3696 essence is needed to craft a Tier 3 Skin.

If we add all those up
3696 + 1536 + 576 = 5808
5808 essence is needed to craft an entire skin series. That's the equivalent of almost 17 legendary cards. While it doesn't seem like much, it is a lot of essence if you don't buy ice, open glory boxes, and open ice boxes. You only get around 20 to 50 essence out of a 1 hour play session

Now we're getting into the rough estimation area.
If we spend 24 hours playing vainglory, we get around 480 to 1200 essence. Which means if we want a Tier 3 skin, you need to spend roughly 3 days, 1 hour, and 20 minutes in game getting 50 essence every hour. If we get a minimum of 20 essence every hour, we would need to spend 7 days and 7 hours in game. And that's just for a Tier 3, assuming we have the tier 1 & 2. If we wanted to get the entire set, we would need roughly 5 days of in game play time, getting 50 essence every hour. If we had 20 essence every hour, we would spend around 12 days in game.

So that means 3 to 7 days of ingame play time gets you a Tier 3, assuming you have the tier 1 & 2. If you don't have any, meaning no tier 1, 2, or 3, you would need to spend 5 to 12 days of ingame time. That's a lot of time.

Or you could just spend thousands of dollars to get the skins. Like my brother. He has almost every skin in the game, but plays only Ringo or Kestrel exclusively. Don't be like him. Become skilled and earn your tier 3.

And that's that. Feedback is appreciated. Flaming is not.
IGN: Azhdaya
Tier: Worthy Foe (4)
Average Tier: Pretty Good (6)
Mains: Kestrel (Lane, all skins), Idris (Jungle), Ardan/Lance (Support, Tier 2 Ardan)
Seasons: Season Zero(4), Winter 2015(5), Spring 2016(6), Summer 2016(6), Winter 2016(5), Spring 2017
Ayo, am szpirglas. I mainly play Vainglory or League. My league name is my username on here so hit me up if ya wanna play.

Szpirglas
Quote | PM | +Rep by LilWolfPup » March 6, 2017 4:06pm | Report
There are some exceptions though. For example, a Tier II Epic Sorrowblade Glaive, it costs 2,160 Essence. However, a Tier II Epic Prehistoric Glaive would cost (don't have Tier I Rare) 2,112 Essence.
Region: NA

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
LilWolfPup
<Editor>
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Szpirglas » March 7, 2017 11:28am | Report
LilWolfPup wrote:

There are some exceptions though. For example, a Tier II Epic Sorrowblade Glaive, it costs 2,160 Essence. However, a Tier II Epic Prehistoric Glaive would cost (don't have Tier I Rare) 2,112 Essence.

That is true, I stated in the post that I was talking about the series of Tier 1/2/3 skins. Such as Shogun Ringo, Stormlord Ardan, or Shiro Kage Taka.
Mains: Kestrel (Lane, all skins), Idris (Jungle), Ardan/Lance (Support, Tier 2 Ardan)
Seasons: Season Zero(4), Winter 2015(5), Spring 2016(6), Summer 2016(6), Winter 2016(5), Spring 2017
Ayo, am szpirglas. I mainly play Vainglory or League. My league name is my username on here so hit me up if ya wanna play.

Szpirglas
Quote | PM | +Rep by LilWolfPup » March 7, 2017 12:09pm | Report
But technically, Gladiator Lance and such ARE tier I/II/III *wink wink*

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
LilWolfPup
<Editor>
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Szpirglas » March 9, 2017 10:35am | Report
There was only Gladiator Lance (E/Tier 2) and Netherknight Lance (E/Tier 2)

So that means theres only tier 2's for Lance

*winkwinknudgenudgeshoveshovepunchpunch*

Szpirglas
Quote | PM | +Rep by LilWolfPup » March 9, 2017 11:43am | Report
Szpirglas wrote:

There was only Gladiator Lance (E/Tier 2) and Netherknight Lance (E/Tier 2)

So that means theres only tier 2's for Lance

*winkwinknudgenudgeshoveshovepunchpunch*

I Meant including everyone else :P

*hinthintwinkwinknudgenudgeshoveshovepunchpunchkickkickstabstab*

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
LilWolfPup
<Editor>
Notable (16)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved