Vainglory Forums

Characters that need to be BUFFED. (Adagio/Reim)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.

Poll Question:

Should Adagio and Reim get Buffed?
Yes, they are slightly weak.
NO, they are perfect.
Lyra and Krul should be Nerfed.
VOTE
Quote | PM | +Rep by Krystalline » February 21, 2017 1:36pm | Report
What do you guys think?

Hey, guys this is a personal opinion from what I think after I have played so far.
So I generally feel this game is very much fair in terms of character strengths and weaknesses.
BUT even so, i believe there are two characters I believe that stick out. They need to get BUFFED.

1) Adagio
Though he is a strong early game player, who can be used for a pressure game with high-dps early game characters, he still falls short.
-Anything Adagio does, Lyra does better.
-Moreover he falls short in being a reliable Support/Captain/Roamer.
-His heal also heals much lesser than Lyra.

I believe he should he given a stronger heal. Or reduce the cool down time for the Heal.

2) Reim
He was easily one of my favourite characters when i started playing this game. Slowly over the course of time, i understood he can be a weak link.
-Anything Reim can do, well Krul will do better and kill him. And possibly a well built Alpha, Ozo and Rona.
-His DPS is low compared to the above mentioned characters of his category.
-He is more of a Support/Captain/Roamer than a Jungler.

I believe his DPS should be increased a bit.

These are my personal opinions after my limited experience in the game. I am sure every character comes to their true potential in the hands of the player.
I

Krystalline
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Hershey Lollipop » February 21, 2017 9:28pm | Report
Reim is rather weak but adagios just about right.
IGN : Hershey_Lolipop
Region: USA
Main: Cathrin, Taka
Practicing: Adagio, Samuel
Skill Tier : Getting There
"In order to succeed, you must first believe that you can."
"To come out of a desperate situation and make a complete return in one sudden burst."

Hershey Lollipop
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Krystalline » February 21, 2017 11:24pm | Report

Reim is rather weak but adagios just about right.

Could u explain about Adagio?

I mean the way I see it, his heal is not as good as Lyra, his buff is just average. And his final attack gets interrupted.
A Support Adagio makes him rather weak on heal and final attack. A WP/CP Adagio is good pressure but he is an easy kill. Unlike Lyra and most other Support players he does not have any move which can get him to safety.

We rearely see Adagio being used in Ranked. He is always second to Lyra.
I

Krystalline
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Hershey Lollipop » February 22, 2017 1:02pm | Report
Krystalline wrote:

Could u explain about Adagio?

I mean the way I see it, his heal is not as good as Lyra, his buff is just average. And his final attack gets interrupted.
A Support Adagio makes him rather weak on heal and final attack. A WP/CP Adagio is good pressure but he is an easy kill. Unlike Lyra and most other Support players he does not have any move which can get him to safety.

We rarely see Adagio being used in Ranked. He is always second to Lyra.

Well I've only played CP Adagio but I stay on the edges of fights and applying burns and heal. I've gone through games with 1 or 2 deaths with like five kills and 20 assists. He has a good heal since it is an instant heal it makes it so you can get your allies more health more easily in one quick burst instead of having to wait for your teammate to get in the circle this while your not doing a a lot of damage. But Adagio deals constant damage and if hes applies his buff on him self while aaing a burn victim hes hacks down health like theres no tomorrow. He does just about right in my opinion. And who are you trying to heal anyway a Phinn with twenty Crucibles it heals about 300 HP witch is half the health of the Crucible
IGN : Hershey_Lolipop
Region: USA
Main: Cathrin, Taka
Practicing: Adagio, Samuel
Skill Tier : Getting There
"In order to succeed, you must first believe that you can."
"To come out of a desperate situation and make a complete return in one sudden burst."

Hershey Lollipop
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by KoizumiPanayo » February 22, 2017 6:55pm | Report
Well for me I think both Adagio and Reim are doing just fine, if you know the tricks and tips then you will have no trouble.

For Adagio his heal is basically instant, with his burst healing the chances of saving one of your allies from being killed is rather high, as for Lyra, the more heroes staying in her circle (both you team mates and your enemies), the shorter it will remain on the ground, so her heal doesn't help that much during a big team fight when all heroes gather together. Additionally, Adagio's heal from his A applies Arcane fire to his enemies, so this will surely help when your enemies are staying near your allies, or even your minions.

For Reim, well he's one of my main heroes and he basically wreck every single bit during late match. He shines the best when you have already buying the essential items for him. And for some reasons, I think he fits more on the roaming/supporting side rather than being a jungler too. I did have trouble battling with Rona and Alpha, but if you can time your ultimate well, and your stun kicks in, and BAM, you win. I've always try to avoid battling 1v1 against Krul (well everyone does lol) But Krul and Reim needed to stick to their opponents in order to stay alive, so thats why whenever me and my team mates are playing against Krul, we will knock out the enemy carry as soon as possible, then target Krul immediately, since he doesn't do very well when going against 2 or more enemies at the same time. But since Reim's fortified health was buffed in the earlier updates, he should be fine for a while. His only drawbacks are his speed and his defensive stats, though. And I don't know what did you mean by "DPS"...

These are just my opinions actually (a very long opinion to be honest).

KoizumiPanayo
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by LilWolfPup » February 23, 2017 6:39am | Report
They're both perfect if you play them right. The trick is to play Adiago with a meele ally. That way if you heal them or strengthen them, the enemies will also be inflicted with that Arcane Fire thingy. As for Reim, he's actually very tanky. You just need to make sure you get that fortified health and you can last a long time.
Region: NA

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
LilWolfPup
<Editor>
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Krystalline » February 23, 2017 8:19am | Report

Well I've only played CP Adagio but I stay on the edges of fights and applying burns and heal. I've gone through games with 1 or 2 deaths with like five kills and 20 assists. He has a good heal since it is an instant heal it makes it so you can get your allies more health more easily in one quick burst instead of having to wait for your teammate to get in the circle this while your not doing a a lot of damage. But Adagio deals constant damage and if hes applies his buff on him self while aaing a burn victim hes hacks down health like theres no tomorrow. He does just about right in my opinion. And who are you trying to heal anyway a Phinn with twenty Crucibles it heals about 300 HP witch is half the health of the Crucible

Yes. CP Adagio or WP Adagio is one of the strongest forms of Adagio. I totally agree.
And if we have a high offense team I think u can press ahead for a victory early in the first 15-20 mins of the game. But once u exceed that time limit, I have always felt he becomes relatively weaker compared to the other heroes which might change the entire pace of the game.
I have always felt he is best played as a Semi Support with Hybrid Weapon or Crystal build supporting on the Lane Than a Pure Support.

I mean this is an observation. Not a judgement. There are some exceptional people out there who well, probably do everything singlehandedly! Not speaking for those mutant folks!!
I

Krystalline
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Krystalline » February 23, 2017 8:45am | Report

Well for me I think both Adagio and Reim are doing just fine, if you know the tricks and tips then you will have no trouble.

For Adagio his heal is basically instant, with his burst healing the chances of saving one of your allies from being killed is rather high, as for Lyra, the more heroes staying in her circle (both you team mates and your enemies), the shorter it will remain on the ground, so her heal doesn't help that much during a big team fight when all heroes gather together. Additionally, Adagio's heal from his A applies Arcane fire to his enemies, so this will surely help when your enemies are staying near your allies, or even your minions.

For Reim, well he's one of my main heroes and he basically wreck every single bit during late match. He shines the best when you have already buying the essential items for him. And for some reasons, I think he fits more on the roaming/supporting side rather than being a jungler too. I did have trouble battling with Rona and Alpha, but if you can time your ultimate well, and your stun kicks in, and BAM, you win. I've always try to avoid battling 1v1 against Krul (well everyone does lol) But Krul and Reim needed to stick to their opponents in order to stay alive, so thats why whenever me and my team mates are playing against Krul, we will knock out the enemy carry as soon as possible, then target Krul immediately, since he doesn't do very well when going against 2 or more enemies at the same time. But since Reim's fortified health was buffed in the earlier updates, he should be fine for a while. His only drawbacks are his speed and his defensive stats, though. And I don't know what did you mean by "DPS"...

These are just my opinions actually (a very long opinion to be honest).

Haha. I welcome long opinions! And yeah it makes sense what you have written.
DPS I meant is - Damage per Second.
And yeah, precisely I think Reim is more of a Roamer/Support than a pure Jungler. i have used Reim for a good amount of time.
So here is what I feel-- (Opinion)
Problem I have felt is, all Ranged people -Skaarf, Ringo, Saw, Gwen, Celeste, Samuel, Adagio, Lyra, Kestrel, Skye and even Petal and possibly Joule can take on Reim easily, him being Melee and having know life Steal per se.
Heavy fighters like Krul, Rona, Alpha and maybe Ozo can take him down 3 out of 4 times. (1vs1)
Then not to mention pests like Taka and Koshka.

So that's like 16- 18 characters out there who pose a major threat to Reim.
Krul has a sword that gives a sure stun and his life steal is crazy. And the first attack burst of speed compensates him to take down the ranged people.
Rona again first attack, second attack and third attack are all movement attacks. She can get out of fights or jump into a fight all of a sudden. And her being weapon powered comes extremely handy.
Alpha though, she is not Good at escaping her quick ranged jump attacks always gives her the first attack advantage over the opponent.

The only good use I have found with Reim is, he is superb for defense movement. As in putting the ice crystals behind when he restreats.
Reim being a Melee, his first attack is quite ranged. And since that attack is quite slow there is every good possibility that somebody can easily dodge it.

All I feel is, they should give him some mild lifesteal like Samuel. Or increase his movement or attack speed.

Again don't get me wrong. I absolutely love Reim. And he was the first character I bought.

Now Adagio. Though he is definitely better balanced. I believe he should be marked as a Laner with Semi Support abilities. A pure support Adagio does every less damage. And I always feel he gets Relatively weaker in the late game. And since in a late game, the Support is the person who carried the team to victory, he falls short.
I think when played as Adagio u need another proper Captain so he can be a hybrid.

Well then again, another opinion. No hurt feelings.
I

Krystalline
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Krystalline » February 23, 2017 8:49am | Report
LilWolfPup wrote:

They're both perfect if you play them right. The trick is to play Adiago with a meelee ally. That way if you heal them or strengthen them, the enemies will also be infictoed with that Arcane Fire thingy. As for Reim, he's actually very tanky. You just need to make sure you get that fortified health and you can last a long time.

Actually Adagio with Melee is a good Idea. Never thought of it that way.
But question is does Adagio work as a pure Support in Late Game?
I

Krystalline
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » February 23, 2017 10:46am | Report
Krystalline wrote:

Actually Adagio with Melee is a good Idea. Never thought of it that way.
But question is does Adagio work as a pure Support in Late Game?

Key phrase there is Late Game, he isn't a late game support, just like how koshkka is considered a early game hero, or vox is considered a late game hero.

vikings102
Remarkable (25)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved