Vainglory Forums

Difference between crystal and weapon power?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by hatetheplay3r » April 14, 2017 6:46pm | Report
Hey guys I just started playing vainglory about two/three weeks ago. I'm looking for a little help/advice/tips. I've been looking at builds for certain players. I think I'm missing certain fundamentals and knowledge of the game. For instance, what is the difference between building a crystal build vs a weapon build? Like does crystal damage affect certain heroes more than others? And if I look at what my opponents building, should I alter what I'm going building??

hatetheplay3r
Quote | PM | +Rep by Takuisgud » April 14, 2017 11:05pm | Report
the difference between weapon power and crystal power is that weapon power usually rely on basic attacks and crystal power usually rely on crystal power.
That however does not meen that all ability's rely on crystal power and all auto attacks rely on weapon power.

here some help when playing the roles

Sniper: If you want do more damage buy weapon power. if you want do medium damage but have some decent utility buy crystal power

Mage: buy crystal power

brusier/fighter: buy weapon power for more damage and defense buy crystal power for more speed and burst

Assassin: Weapon power for medium offence high defence and high mobility crystal power for high offence and mobilityA

tank: crystal power if you want be more utility wize weapon power for more offense
Me Random student

Takuisgud
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by hatetheplay3r » April 15, 2017 12:17am | Report
thanks for the reply. Question about Armor/Shield. Is it worth going for a tier 3 defense with heros like Ringo or Gwen??

hatetheplay3r
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bloono » April 15, 2017 2:29am | Report
It all depends about what items your ennemies bought. If they bought full crystal damage or weapon damage, and if you want to stay longer in the fight, yes you have to buy Armor or Shield at tier 3. However, if you want to deal a lot of damages, and you don't care about your HP, you should leave the defense (Armor...) and buy some crystal or weapon items. But it's not really a good Idea. I don't really play Carry because I don't really like it, so maybe I said ********s, but that's my opinion on your question. Hope it helped you !
See you, and have fun :)
Yummm, so good

Bloono
Quote | PM | +Rep by Takuisgud » April 16, 2017 6:35am | Report
Yes you should always have at least one or two defense items since if you get fed you usually will be aim and if your not fed then you usually have to peel for your most fed player

The only possible reason why not to buy defense items is if your whole team is fed and if you have a huge lead
Me Random student

Takuisgud
Notable (16)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved