Vainglory Forums

Hero Idea: Vilo

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by LilWolfPup » April 17, 2017 1:40pm | Report
Name: Vilo
Pronounced: vīlō
Position: Backline Mage (wut idk someone tell meh)

This is an idea of what I thought his splash art should look like. This is just a quick doodle, took me 4 min lol.

Heroic Perk: Voodoo Vibes

Every time Vilo takes damage from an enemy hero, he gains a stack of Voodoo Vibes, with 5 stacks max. The first stack of Voodoo Vibes inflicts 2% of the damage Vilo took back onto the enemy hero. For the next 4 stacks, this percentage is increased by 1%.

Ability A: Puppet Craft

Vilo takes 1 second to craft a puppet. He can move whilst doing so, but he will be slower. He will gain 1 stack of Puppets (used in ultimate). Max of 10 stacks. The puppet will attack whatever Vilo is attacking (can be hero or objective) before vanishing.

Ability B: Wooden Shield

Vilo targets an enemy hero. Vilo and nearby allies then receive 25% of the target's remaining health as fortified health. (Vanishes after a while, upgrading this ability makes the duration longer.)

Ultimate: Marionette Control

Vilo takes control of an enemy hero for 1 second. Each stack of Puppets increases the duration by 0.25 seconds. Vilo can make them attack one of their allies (basic attack only) for 60% damage. Vilo is granted fortified health during this time and cannot move.

Lore:
"Vilo's Puppet Show! Only 3 ice per person!" read the board.
Hmph. What a rip off.
I walked up to the machine and inserted 3 of my shiny, precious, ice. A small ticket spewed out of the machine as I waited patiently.
The ticket collector was a grumpy beast of some sort. Maybe a Grangor. Hard to tell with that blindfold on. He snatched up my ticket and pointed to the door.
Once I stepped in, I knew I had wasted my money. All around, broken dolls taken from trash cans were hung from the ceiling. In the middle lied a small wooden table with a makeshift leg.
"Welcome!" screamed a voice behind me.
Naturally, I turned around and swung my scythe. I missed and hit air. Then, it came to my realization that there was nobody there. Vilo and his tricks again.
I looked over my shoulder calmly, knowing Vilo would be behind me.
Indeed he was, making a doll at his table.
He looked up and spoke behind his mask. "I'm glad you came to meet me here Baptiste."
I watched as he spun around in his chair, playing with puppets on strings.
I stuck my scythe out in front of his chair to stop it. "Why do you need me?" I snarled.
Vilo simply just chuckled. He held up his finished doll. "Because voodoo."
I raised an eyebrow, but let him continue.
"Word on the street is that you collect soul fragments. Or at least your scythe does." So he wants my scythe. "And with your scythe, I can control any person I want! I have plenty of voodoo dolls. Plenty of strings."
"So whadya say pal? Wanna go into business with" he paused, "Vilo?"

FAQ (Not rlly lol)
Q: What if you use echo on your A? Can you control 2 puppets at once?
A: Yes, but it will take some skill to be able to craft one and be able to control it before your first puppet disappears.
Q: What if you use echo on your ultimate? Can you control 2 people at once?
A: No. Just no.

Even I think this hero has the weirdest kit ever.
I will be working on the abilities more soon.
Region: NA

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
LilWolfPup
<Editor>
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Takuisgud » April 17, 2017 2:41pm | Report
Ohhhh yee more hero ideas with mages who are able to control things, grant stack and have some sort of sheilds : ^)

Overall i like the idea but i was wondering

If you use echo and your ult will you get two puppets at the same time?
Me Random student

Takuisgud
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by LilWolfPup » April 17, 2017 3:54pm | Report
Takuisgud wrote:

Ohhhh yee more hero ideas with mages who are able to control things, grant stack and have some sort of sheilds : ^)

Overall i like the idea but i was wondering

If you use echo and your ult will you get two puppets at the same time?

I'm still thinking about the time it takes for a puppet to disappear, but I'm pretty sure both puppets are only going to end up being alive at the same time for, like, 0.5 seconds. You'll need extremely fast reflexes to pull this off. I'm going to add this in there to avoid confusion.
Region: NA

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
LilWolfPup
<Editor>
Notable (16)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved