Vainglory Forums

Heroic Perks not as useful late game

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by BlazeChron » March 13, 2017 12:52am | Report
There are some heroes whose perks don't scale well into the late game, and the perks feel like they solely exist to babysit the hero until he reaches late game.

Here's a list:
Grumpjaw's Living Armor super effective early game, less effective late
Flicker's Willow Whisper is good for scout trap detection but not for sneaking up and ganking late game(once they have a ton of vision)
Gwen, Samuel and Taka almost have the same perk but the bonus damage on Boomstick, Corrupted Genius and Haus Kamuhahaha is only used for farming and harass in the early game and they are not as effective late game
Ringo's Double Down is only really used while farming and harrassing in the early game. During the late game people start building crit items to have a sure shot at critting and the perk only activates when you kill something(which is quite hard during a teamfight and kind of insignificant as you only land 1 critical strike per enemy killed)

Aren't the heroic perks supposed to be like a fourth skill which can help the hero throughout the game instead of being a consumable that only lasts till late game? I don't mind hearing differing opinions cus this is just my opinion on the heroic perks.
If you win, you live
If you lose, you die
If you don't fight, you can't win
A Taka on Kaiten XD

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
BlazeChron
<Editor>
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Blissey123 » March 13, 2017 3:58am | Report
I agree with you, to a certain extent. However, there are some perks that really shine late game. For example, Catherine's Captain of the Guard perk makes her super tanky late game, yet not so effective early game. There are also some perks which are useful all throughout the game, like Lyra's Principal Arcanum(sorry for spelling) or Vox's Resonance(Julia's Song). It really depends.
IGN: Blissey123
Hero mains: Lyra, Catherine, Koshka, Idris, Celeste, Kestrel, Flicker,Celeste
Heroes that I am good at but I don't have: Joule
Practicing: Kestrel, Celeste, Vox, Idris
Tier: Worthy Foe Silver
Best Heroes: Lyra, Catherine, Idris, Kestrel, Koshka, Vox, Celeste

Blissey123
Notable (17)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved