Vainglory Forums

I switched my main role

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by prodigy755 » July 11, 2017 5:18pm | Report
Big news: I switch my main from roam to jungle. I know thats not exactly the most exciting new, everyone switches their role from time to time. I just want to talk about whats gone on since I've done so.

So I've made it well known in the past that I am a soloqer. Even when I do manage to find a guild and with the new friends I've made I still soloq a lot. The thing is though, when I roamed my win rate was garbage. I won maybe half the games I played and I always had to sweat so hard it wasnt funny. My jungle win rate so far, however, has been really good. In fact, I've only lost 1 match so far.

Okay I know that doesn't exactly mean much. I've probably just found a role I'm way better at, or maybe I've even just been ending up against some bad players in all my matches. But I've been looking at a lot of roamers matches compared to jungle and carry and just by looking at it, I'm pretty sure the jungle/carry matches go way better than the roam matches. (btw, I'm talking about soloq matches I watch on streams, video's, etc.)

The point I'm trying to bring up is this: I dont think roamers play a very large part in this game right now. I'm not saying they aren't important, in fact I still support the fact that roamers are possibly the most important role in the game. But the fact is that it is common knowledge that a jungle and laner can carry a match if they're roamer is bad if the jungler and/or laner is bad, then it is very hard for the roamer to help carry.

These are just my thoughts, you dont have to listen to them or agree with them if you dont want too. I just want to know everyone else's opinion on this matter.
IGN: Prodigy955
Server: NA
Role: Roam
Main: Ardan

Improvement comes from learning from your mistakes and fixing them, not just pointing them out.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
prodigy755
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » July 11, 2017 10:12pm | Report
Lol yeah right now it's really just seeing who can be the most burst and melt the other team the quickest because defense doesn't seem to play the huge role it should right now *cough* poisoned shiv is too op *cough* fountain is practically useless *cough*
Edit: You should change your role in you signature xP
IGN: MaximusPrime
Region: NA
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)
Quote | PM | +Rep by prodigy755 » July 12, 2017 2:26am | Report
MaximusPrime wrote:

Lol yeah right now it's really just seeing who can be the most burst and melt the other team the quickest because defense doesn't seem to play the huge role it should right now *cough* poisoned shiv is too op *cough* fountain is practically useless *cough*
Edit: You should change your role in you signature xP

**** I totally forgot about my signature lol. Thnx for reminding me otherwise I probably wouldnt have noticed XD
IGN: Prodigy955
Server: NA
Role: Roam
Main: Ardan

Improvement comes from learning from your mistakes and fixing them, not just pointing them out.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
prodigy755
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by QuantumParadise » July 12, 2017 12:59pm | Report
I know what you mean. Every player does play an important role in any victory (or loss), but in the end the roamer (at least in my perspective) seems to be more of a facilitator. Junglers/carries might be the workhorses damage wise, but a good roamer is still key. If the roamer falls apart the team will follow suit, and quickly.

QuantumParadise
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by x0xXx0x » August 9, 2017 1:59am | Report
prodigy755 wrote:

Big news: I switch my main from roam to jungle. I know thats not exactly the most exciting new, everyone switches their role from time to time. I just want to talk about whats gone on since I've done so.

So I've made it well known in the past that I am a soloqer. Even when I do manage to find a guild and with the new friends I've made I still soloq a lot. The thing is though, when I roamed my win rate was garbage. I won maybe half the games I played and I always had to sweat so hard it wasnt funny. My jungle win rate so far, however, has been really good. In fact, I've only lost 1 match so far.

Okay I know that doesn't exactly mean much. I've probably just found a role I'm way better at, or maybe I've even just been ending up against some bad players in all my matches. But I've been looking at a lot of roamers matches compared to jungle and carry and just by looking at it, I'm pretty sure the jungle/carry matches go way better than the roam matches. (btw, I'm talking about soloq matches I watch on streams, video's, etc.)

The point I'm trying to bring up is this: I dont think roamers play a very large part in this game right now. I'm not saying they aren't important, in fact I still support the fact that roamers are possibly the most important role in the game. But the fact is that it is common knowledge that a jungle and laner can carry a match if they're roamer is bad if the jungler and/or laner is bad, then it is very hard for the roamer to help carry.

These are just my thoughts, you dont have to listen to them or agree with them if you dont want too. I just want to know everyone else's opinion on this matter.

You are wrong, it depends on the player! I made ir vg silver with supports...depends what you play better...as for who has better control over outcome? Support and jungler...the carry is braindead gameplay...they just sit and farm because most carries cannot deliver properly until they hit some power spikes! If you play carry you will notice its all up to jungler mostly...if he dies alot you will gonna lose 80 pct of the games...if the support sucks the same...but if carry su cks you can still go and push with him and baby sit and help him!
Favorite heroes: Fortress, Krul Support, Rona Support, Taka support

Favorite Skin: All Fortress Skins

Skill Tier: Vainglorious

x0xXx0x
Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved