Vainglory Forums

It would be nice if VG had a role selection for ranked

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.

Poll Question:

You think a role selector for ranked would be nice?
Yes
No
VOTE
Quote | PM | +Rep by prodigy755 » June 6, 2017 1:07pm | Report
I am a roam main so I actually get my role 80% of the time. But you don't always want to do your main. Sometimes you just wanna play lane because its fun, or practice that jungler you've been meaning to use. Well it feels like its almost impossible to do anything BUT roam. Especially when it comes to carry. You always get those people who insta lock carry or jungle so fast that you swear they memorized the exact amount of swiping and tapping meant to lock in. Sure, you can try and insta lock yourself, but then you wind up with a double jungle or a double carry of ringo and saw.

I really think it would be convenient if SEMC added a role selector before you queue up. I especially know that a lot of carry mains would appreciate something like that lol. I don't know if SEMC has the means and/or reasons to make one, I don't even know if it would be a good idea for VG. I'm just saying it would be a whole lot nicer since I'm sick of ending up with a double carry team. lol Or getting carry or jungle when I feel like taking a break from Roam.
IGN: Prodigy955
Server: NA
Role: Roam
Main: Ardan

Improvement comes from learning from your mistakes and fixing them, not just pointing them out.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
prodigy755
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BLG3RNT » June 7, 2017 8:27pm | Report
We already have 8 min queues. What do you think would happen when 40% of the queue is Carry, 40% Jungle, and 20% are Captains? Captains would get matched righ away and 40% of players would have obnoxiously long queue times.
IGN: BLG3RNT
Region: NA
Coach for Nova Esports
Imma Roam Main

BLG3RNT
<Editor>
Remarkable (44)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cyanogenmoded » June 9, 2017 1:41pm | Report
Well it will become a thing when 5v5 is out , as LOL is using the same thing with two options to choose ,it is better suited for 5v5 than 3v3 plus there shoukd be a 1.5 minutes chat for the 5 players in team so that they can decide which hero to go and lock it simultaneously ;)
I will be your worst nightmare
Main heroes- Glaive(wp), Petal(dead, this hero is dead for me), cp adagio, vox, gwen, lance(not bad), koshka, alpha and sometimes the current meta.

Cyanogenmoded
Quote | PM | +Rep by prodigy755 » June 9, 2017 8:02pm | Report
BLG3RNT wrote:

We already have 8 min queues. What do you think would happen when 40% of the queue is Carry, 40% Jungle, and 20% are Captains? Captains would get matched righ away and 40% of players would have obnoxiously long queue times.

Isn't that just what you have to accept when you pick a carry role in any MOBA? I play ADC and mid lane in LoL and sometimes I waited a whole 20 minutes to find a match. Sometimes more but I just refreshed the queue. The way I see it, if you want to play a really popular role, then you need to accept how long it may take to find a match.
IGN: Prodigy955
Server: NA
Role: Roam
Main: Ardan

Improvement comes from learning from your mistakes and fixing them, not just pointing them out.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
prodigy755
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by ItsLegitBuilds » June 17, 2017 3:00pm | Report
What about when role trolling comes in place??? How would that get handled???
eg.Use roam to fetch quick match then pick CP-VOX
To seek the unknown
Hate it! or Love it!
Mediolasin.

ItsLegitBuilds

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved