Vainglory Forums

Looking for ideas: Idris Giveaway

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by BLG3RNT » December 6, 2016 10:34pm | Report
With 2.0 on the horizon I want to do some type of contest for a giveaway. The reward would be 900 ICE presumably for Idris, but the winner could obviously do whatever they wanted with it. I'd like some ideas of how to give it away? I can't do something along the lines of "vote for my guide" because I can't see who votes. Help me with ideas.
IGN: BLG3RNT
Region: NA
Coach for Nova Esports
Imma Roam Main

BLG3RNT
<Editor>
Remarkable (44)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Monsterjake » December 7, 2016 6:38am | Report
There are a couple things you could do -
You could make a YouTube video and have everyone who wants in the giveaway comment a specific phrase.
You could set up a giveaway with a site like gleam.io
You could do a giveaway with social media where all people have to do is retweet or like the post.

Hope this gave you a few ideas on how to get started with the giveaway.
IGN: Monsterjake
Region: North America
Mains: Can pretty much play anyone you give me, or can at least hold his own with them
Let's provoke a team fight!

Monsterjake
<Editor>
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » December 7, 2016 10:33am | Report
Or you could just give all the ice to me and avoid the hassle of making a whole giveaway and waiting for people to enter.. although gleam.io is probably my favorite way out of the ways Monsterjake said above
IGN: MaximusPrime
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BLG3RNT » December 7, 2016 12:49pm | Report
LOL You're absolutely right, I could do that. Yeah I like the gleam.io from what I've seen so far on their site. Probably will use it unless someone comes up with something better.
Coach for Nova Esports
Imma Roam Main

BLG3RNT
<Editor>
Remarkable (44)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » December 7, 2016 2:44pm | Report
Yeah I've used gleam.io many times before and it's pretty easy to use. I've never won anything before though lol. Anyway, what do you think of the new items BLG3RNT? I'm particularly excited for Echo and Nullwave Gauntlet. How do you think these items will affect the meta? Also, Poisoned Shiv heavily counters healers like Lyra, which means that this will probably be a pretty big nerf for her.
IGN: MaximusPrime
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BLG3RNT » December 7, 2016 11:38pm | Report
Good question. It's hard to say what effect the items will have without knowing their actual stats. I haven't seen that as of yet, perhaps I'm missing it. But here's what I think.

Poisoned Shiv: I think this item will potentially counter Adagio more than Lyra given the strength and duration of her heal. I also think it could heavily effect Fountain of Renewal, and take away some of those amazing roam saves most of us have seen. I think this could prove to be a serious game changer, and not in an "I hate this game now" type way.

Echo: This is the item I'm least thrilled about. I will have to way to see what the cool down on this is, but I really don't look forward to double ults. I think this has the potential for change in a negative way. I imagine things like back to back Celeste solar storms completely wiping out a team late game in a situation which used to be a high anxiety moment where the next team fight wins the game, and now a team can just double ult and remove the other team. Or how about Taka as if X-Retsu isn't already hard enough to live through, now you have to get it twice in a row. Perhaps they will prove me wrong, but this item just doesn't sound fun. It'll be fun to use, but not fun to play against.

Slumbering Husk: I'm most excited about this item I think. No more X-Retsu into Kaiten combos deleting everyone from the map. I think this is looks like it will be a good addition to the game.

Nullwave Gauntlet: I think this will be very useful for coordinated teams, and those who play together using discord or some type of voice chat. Being able to silence the items of a roam right before an ult so they can't cruicble (for example) could be a serious strategic move.
Coach for Nova Esports
Imma Roam Main

BLG3RNT
<Editor>
Remarkable (44)
Quote | PM | +Rep by LilWolfPup » December 13, 2016 12:15pm | Report
Maybe have people design a skin for Idris.
Must include what the hero will look like, what his abilities will look like, and what the name of the skin is.
Bonus points if a sketch or something is included.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
LilWolfPup
<Editor>
Notable (16)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved