Vainglory Forums

Petal is OP!!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by 0ki7o » January 4, 2017 10:05pm | Report
I just keep losing to petal in non-draft matches, and I can't do anything about it. Are there any strats to counter it?
Server: NA
Guild: Apocalypse Guild
Main: Ardan(S), Skye(L)
Practicing: Skaarfungandr, Blackfeather, Krul
Tier: Hotness

0ki7o
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » January 6, 2017 10:28am | Report
For a second, I thought this was SilverBeard complaining about another "OP" hero again lol.

Petal heavily relies on her pets most of the time, so if you have AOE abilities, you can hit both Petal and her pets at the same time and kill them off quickly. Another thing is that she excels at prolonged fights, so she can easily kite a Krul or other non bursty heroes so you want to kill her ASAP if she is the carry on the team. Alpha and Baron have a lot of splash and are great and countering Petal. If you are playing Krul, Reim, or other non bursty heroes, try setting up an abmush in their tri-bush with your laner and steal some of their farm(Don't forget to check for scout traps).
IGN: MaximusPrime
Region: NA
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BLG3RNT » January 6, 2017 10:53am | Report
Adding to what Maximus said I also like CP Vox & Taka against her. Petal comes with built in targets for your bounce for Vox, and Taka fits in well for the reasons Maximus already outlined, the burst. Fortress can also work well because his Truth of the Tooth can get past front line defenses and on to Petal quickly.
IGN: BLG3RNT
Coach for Nova Esports
Imma Roam Main

BLG3RNT
<Editor>
Remarkable (44)
Quote | PM | +Rep by NaytanDova » February 19, 2017 1:00pm | Report
Joule stun would probably by pass them especially if CP and a quick zap and she's down. Good luck though Petal is a nightmare for kiting done well especially if your squishy

NaytanDova
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Rhinocharge » February 21, 2017 12:23pm | Report
Petal is best at dealing sustained damage, and is very weak against bursty heroes. AOE abilities can be used to kill her pets quickly. Crowd control is also very useful as her ult can be countered by a stun or a silence, as wells as her Trampoline!. My best tip would be to get your whole team to focus her.

Rhinocharge
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by LilWolfPup » February 21, 2017 12:50pm | Report
Petal actually has a 60% win rate, so there probably won't be much you can do about it. However, I do recommend you build a Fountain and an Aegis, or just something with lots of shield. Now, this is for CP Petal. WP Petal is very unpopular and is not a big deal. Always try to kill her munions first.
BUT WAIT. You can't take her on yourself (unless your Krul). You'll need at least one other person. A ranged hero may be better though because she can just use her B and jump away. Together she will be easy.
Hold on don't leave yet. In team fights, it is crucial to take her down first. Don't just ignore her! Once she's down, the fight will go your way. If she's not down, don't group up. You want her ult to affect the least amount of people as possible.
Kk gud luck cuz u still gonna get rekt.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
LilWolfPup
<Editor>
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SilverBeard » February 23, 2017 12:59pm | Report
MaximusPrime wrote:

For a second, I thought this was SilverBeard complaining about another "OP" hero again lol.

Petal heavily relies on her pets most of the time, so if you have AOE abilities, you can hit both Petal and her pets at the same time and kill them off quickly. Another thing is that she excels at prolonged fights, so she can easily kite a Krul or other non bursty heroes so you want to kill her ASAP if she is the carry on the team. Alpha and Baron have a lot of splash and are great and countering Petal. If you are playing Krul, Reim, or other non bursty heroes, try setting up an abmush in their tri-bush with your laner and steal some of their farm(Don't forget to check for scout traps).

how are you finding the new nurf of your precious kestrel she is not op as she was before they only had to remove her op 10% pierce

SilverBeard
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » February 23, 2017 1:11pm | Report
SilverBeard wrote:

how are you finding the new nurf of your precious kestrel she is not op as she was before they only had to remove her op 10% pierce

One day I hope you'll realize that being good at the game is not about the hero, but about the player. Think on that, and try not to be salty all the time, kay?
IGN: MaximusPrime
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Krystalline » February 23, 2017 2:05pm | Report
Haha. competely agree with you there. One Hundred Percent.
I

Krystalline
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SilverBeard » February 23, 2017 6:46pm | Report
Vox taka fortress all heroes are completely useless against petal just accept getting your *** wooed by the onion by the way maximus it has a lot about the hero if the hero is broken then it's the hero not the players fault I play good with some heroes but other heroes I am bad there are some heroes with kits that make no sense heroes that got a lot of unnecessary perks and some you can't even get closer I hope you understand

Nurf gayfeather

SilverBeard
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved