Vainglory Forums

Petal is OP!!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by LilWolfPup » February 24, 2017 6:15am | Report
Actually, I didnt think about that. Vox can actually be a very good counter to Petal. His B allows him to hit both her munions and her at the same time without having to get close. You can also hit her seeds as well without actually having to target them. So yes, Vox is a great counter to Petal.
Region: NA

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
LilWolfPup
<Editor>
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SilverBeard » February 24, 2017 6:42am | Report
Under what bases vox is a good counter to petal I don't find anything good in vox to counter petal his bounce does not deal a lot of damage to kill a petal minion let aside the fact that a good petal plants spare seeds before entering into a fight vox reach range is small compared to petal and attacking minions while being attacked by petal is easier said than done I have never seen a vox attacking minions while being followed by petal

As a petal against a vox all you have to do is keep your distance.stay in a safe attack area against vox let the minions do the job and plant new ones when vox uses his 2ND ability which is useless in the jungle just move out then come back when it's gone

SilverBeard
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Chocolated » February 24, 2017 8:00am | Report
SilverBeard wrote:

Under what bases vox is a good counter to petal I don't find anything good in vox to counter petal his bounce does not deal a lot of damage to kill a petal minion let aside the fact that a good petal plants spare seeds before entering into a fight vox reach range is small compared to petal and attacking minions while being attacked by petal is easier said than done I have never seen a vox attacking minions while being followed by petal

As a petal against a vox all you have to do is keep your distance.stay in a safe attack area against vox let the minions do the job and plant new ones when vox uses his 2ND ability which is useless in the jungle just move out then come back when it's gone

The others in this thread have already provided the answer to your question - it lies in CP Vox's B or rather his resonance bounces.

I don't think you've actually played a proper match with CP Vox drafted against your Petal. From my pov it seems like you're just theory-crafting and incorrectly at that. Since you wanna theory-craft, let me do it properly for you:

CP Vox's main damage comes from his resonance bounces (which hurt btw). The target he auto-attacks doesn't take much damage so he needs to use his B and bounce his damage of the enemy captain, creeps or something in order to do damage to the enemy carries. Say your lane minions are all gone or you're alone in jungle, CP Vox has no target to bounce his damage off. But oh wait, you're playing Petal! The Vox just needs to activate his B or ult and get resonance up on your munions/seeds. He won't be out of range or unable to score damage on you because your munions (which have resonance stacks on them) follow you everywhere! Wait, you want to revive your munions by planting more seeds? CP Vox rejoices as now he has more targets to pick from!

Like what many others said, AOE damage counters Petal. CP Vox is one of the best counters because he doesn't just deal massive AOE damage, he does it from a range.

Chocolated
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cyanogenmoded » February 26, 2017 10:41pm | Report
Well said but she still is op, and nothing can be done about that, she is like teemo , if played well she can do 1v3 easily , everyone is low/half and she is full, .. but if played bad she can be still annoying
I will be your worst nightmare
Main heroes- Glaive(wp), Petal(dead, this hero is dead for me), cp adagio, vox, gwen, lance(not bad), koshka, alpha and sometimes the current meta.

Cyanogenmoded
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dash » February 28, 2017 12:48pm | Report
She just got a nerf given to her in Update 2.2
Be Awesome To One Another

Dash
<Community Manager>
Remarkable (38)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SilverBeard » March 8, 2017 4:56am | Report
its not a serious nurf its a joke another joke

This change forces Petal to be a bit closer to the fight yeah right while still being able to ((((dance around the outskirts)))). yup this is the problem the ******** dance is still op

Leash range down from 9 to 8

Munion attack range down from 1.5 to 0.9
TRAMPOLINE

Crystal will continue to be Petal’s primary path, but we want Weapon to feel a bit more viable.

Weapon power amplification up from 10-15-20-25-30% to 15-20-25-30-40% <= yup is this a nurf or a buff it got more amplification but her ult still the same and applies slow even when minion are not near

the problem is her kit no just minion range which is still the same

she is so overpowered on all heroes just use her minions then use her ult which has the most fast cooldown in the whole game aside from joule nuke

SilverBeard
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BlazeChron » March 8, 2017 6:15am | Report
Most heroes have gap closing dashes(anti Frostburn :O) they can jump on Petal
For those that don't:
Adagio(Ranged)
Catherine(Support lol just tank/SILENCE Petal)
Celeste(Ranged)
Flicker(Stealth whole team to jump on Petal)
Gwen(Ranged)
Kestrel(Ranged)
Ringo(Ranged)
SAW(Ranged)
Samuel(Ranged)
Skaarf(Ranged)

Petal shouldn't be a problem if she builds tanky(no damage) but if she builds Shatterglasscannon just coordinate your team to all in on her
But imo the best counter to Petal would be to just keep destroying her munions(with a fast wp carry like ringo) to drain all her energy when she tries to replant the seeds(which also take forever to go off cooldown now)

And as Maximus Prime mentioned, have you ever had that one hero on the enemy team that you just can't seem to hit? It's the player's good positioning(skill in general) and not the hero that makes a carry untouchable

If you still can't beat em though, join em ;)
If you win, you live
If you lose, you die
If you don't fight, you can't win
A Taka on Kaiten XD

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
BlazeChron
<Editor>
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SilverBeard » March 8, 2017 7:19am | Report
Adagio(Ranged):
the main purpose of petal is to stay on the edge of the fight not in the middle, adagio power stems from healing he needs to get closer to use it on you and if he manages to use it on your minions you will be far out of his reach.

Catherine(Support lol just tank/SILENCE Petal)
you have forgot 1 main thing if you got another support in your team and he stops Catherine ability she is dead or simply jump to the back her ability will not hit you then use the minions on her and keep running by maintaining distance and she is dead or she is going to run because of her low hp.

Celeste(Ranged)
let her hit first then we can talk later the times i played petal i never got hit by celeste if celeste fails to land her ability she is dead,if celeste come closer she is dead if celeste is being slowed she is dead just slow celeste and move in circles around her.

Flicker(Stealth whole team to jump on Petal)
ok stealth whole team unless your own team is stupid and does not have vision then you are dead what kind of a stupid team that sees flicker in the other team and does not invest in flares and scout traps for me when i am support i would buy scout traps every time i have money and place them well in the whole map.

Gwen(Ranged)
played against 2 the first one defeated me because i didn't buy armor then i learned then i defeated her
Kestrel(Ranged)
kestral was nurfed in the last patch so nope she needs to land her shot to kill you and well slow her and keep the whole thing for your sniper or mage they can kill her.AND USE DAMN TRAPS and flares.

Ringo(Ranged)
Ringo is squishy the most squishy of squishyness and with the new nurf he does not have a chance i used to play ringo who do you think used to make my frustrated well its petal.

SAW(Ranged)
Saw hahahahhahahahhahaa saw he is slow when i always face a saw i let my minions attack him a bit then use the whole arsenal i mean ult on him and he is dead simply use your ult and he is dead.

Samuel(Ranged)
i think samuel falls behind in the end game he got a very good start and then sucks so bad at the end that i have never faced any samuel i faced one once as a petal well they surrndered because of petal.

Skaarf(Ranged)
same as celeste he needs to hit actually to survive and given that you actually got boots and trampoline then you are fine

in the end i would like to add that if your enemy is capturing the kraken and they don't see you in the bushes just use your whole ult on the kraken and its 100% yours.

here you go this is how you defeat every hero as a petal

and about joining them well who told you i did not already i used to play ranged but its frustrating when you are against a petal so i started playing crystal petal but

SilverBeard
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved