Vainglory Forums

Release the Horde! (Horde mode discussion)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by CrazyAsianNinja » February 9, 2017 8:33pm | Report
SMEC seems to be coming out with great new gamemodes for the game lately
I noticed on the Vainglory forums, someone for SMEC mentioned that a horde mode was being experimented with in the game. Like to that discussion here

Since I can't seem to find a thread here on VGF, I decided to make one.
To begin, I'd like to talk about my vision on how a horde mode could work.

The mode would be played on the current map with 6 players working together to protect both Vain Crystals from being destroyed by enemies coming from that hole in the middle of the map for a set number of minutes.

I Would want new enemies for this gamemode. More specifically, beefier versions of existing minions/Jungle monsters, class specific enemies that is not a botted hero (mages, snipers, assassins... etc), and new bosses for the Very Hard mode.

The number of minutes the players will have to defend depends on what difficulty the player chooses. The times for each difficulty is as follows: 5 for Very Easy, 10 for Easy, 15 for Normal, 20 for Hard and 30 for Very Hard.

A new wave will spawn each minute which will travel through the jungle to the nearest objective (turret/crystal) on one side, with the target side switching after each wave.

This is what gameplay would look like for each level:

Very Easy (5 Minutes)
Not much, just normal lane minions, some jungle monsters, a few class specifics, and a Crystal Miner at 5 min

Easy (10 Minutes)
Slightly harder, Very easy with 5 more minutes.... and a Gold Miner at 10 minutes

Normal (15 Minutes)
Just Normal. Not easy, especially with what usually spawns at 15 min will be mindlessly charging for your turrets and crystal

Hard (20 Minutes)
When one is not enough, send another.

Very Hard (30 Minutes)
After Wave 24 has been defeated a random boss will spawn and a 5-min epic boss battle ensues.

Boss Ideas:
That dragon mentioned in Skaarf's Lore - Basically a big, tanky, skaarf with a melee attack and stun.
The serpent lady thing that Idris fought in his lore
Taka's boss (House Kamuha's Leader)
A reaper that can put dead players under the control of a bot that will fight for him until the respawn timer ends for the player or his team kills the botted player (once per death)
A Golem that splits into 2 smaller ones upon death... twice.
The Storm Queen.

If you have any ideas feel free to leave a post.
Are you looking for a guild of people to play with?
Then join The 13th Legion!
We are a NA guild that recently went through and purged our guild of inactives, so we are looking for new recruits!

No Fame requirement
No Skill requirement
We only ask that you be active at least once every 14 days and to be respectful of your fellow guild members.

To join, send me a PM on VG fire with your IGN, and I'll send you an invite in game.

Join The 13th Legion, WE HAVE COOKIES.

CrazyAsianNinja
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by LilWolfPup » February 12, 2017 2:21pm | Report
Maybe you just buy a ton of items and hoard them :D
jk jk jk jk jk
But I think maybe one of the enemies that spawn could be the Kraken, since you mentioned the Gold Miner. Or maybe the Kraken can fight for you. IDK.
Region: NA

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
LilWolfPup
<Editor>
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by CrazyAsianNinja » February 13, 2017 5:14am | Report
LilWolfPup wrote:

Maybe you just buy a ton of items and hoard them :D
jk jk jk jk jk
But I think maybe one of the enemies that spawn could be the Kraken, since you mentioned the Gold Miner. Or maybe the Kraken can fight for you. IDK.

I'm honestly hoping that if this becomes a thing, it becomes something like Mann Vs. Machine. New enemies... a team of 6 heroes, 100% co-op, no PvP.
We are a NA guild that recently went through and purged our guild of inactives, so we are looking for new recruits!

No Fame requirement
No Skill requirement
We only ask that you be active at least once every 14 days and to be respectful of your fellow guild members.

To join, send me a PM on VG fire with your IGN, and I'll send you an invite in game.

CrazyAsianNinja
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by LilWolfPup » February 13, 2017 2:23pm | Report
I did a bit of research on other MOBA's and their Horde Modes, as well as some player concepts. Seems like it will be like you stated- Defend the vain crystal form waves of minions.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
LilWolfPup
<Editor>
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » February 14, 2017 10:23am | Report
Maybe new things to spend money on, like you have to spend X to get your own minions to spawn (very weak, basically meat shields)

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by LilWolfPup » February 14, 2017 3:42pm | Report
vikings102 wrote:

Maybe new things to spend money on, like you have to spend X to get your own minions to spawn (very weak, basically meat shields)

That sounds really cool, let's all play Clash Royale in Vainglory :D
jk but it srsly does sound interesting

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
LilWolfPup
<Editor>
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by CrazyAsianNinja » March 16, 2017 10:38am | Report
I feel that this horde mode could be a way for Corpus to make it into the game... maybe as a boss.

No Fame requirement
No Skill requirement

CrazyAsianNinja
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by LilWolfPup » March 20, 2017 3:13pm | Report

I feel that this horde mode could be a way for Corpus to make it into the game... maybe as a boss.

OMG YES PLS
Maximus would do anything for Corpus to be back in the game XD
This is your chance Max :P

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
LilWolfPup
<Editor>
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » March 21, 2017 11:18am | Report
LilWolfPup wrote:

OMG YES PLS
Maximus would do anything for Corpus to be back in the game XD
This is your chance Max :P

How about one player gets to play as Corpus and at least two other players get to protect him?
IGN: MaximusPrime
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Takuisgud » March 21, 2017 2:52pm | Report
More saw mains incoming??????????
More stormcrown incomming???????????

Cmon think of the cheap things people can do to win this.
Me Random student

Takuisgud
Notable (16)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved