Vainglory Forums

Should I buy grumpjaw?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by AgentDerpz » May 24, 2017 11:20pm | Report
I have enough money to buy a hero. Ive bought Idris and im happy with that purchase. Should I buy grumpjaw? And if not what hero should I buy?

AgentDerpz
Quote | PM | +Rep by Blissey123 » May 25, 2017 12:20am | Report
Personally, I think Grumpjaw is mostly used as a niche hero. He can counter certain heroes very well, but get's destroyed by Burty late game heroes. If you like early game heroes, then you should buy Grumpjaw. However, as you bought Idris, which is a late game jungler, you might want to buy a late game hero. Assuming that you main jungle, you can choose from the late game jungle heroes, like Kestrel, Krul, Baptiste, Glaive, Skye, Taka(if you still don't have him). I personally, I play Jungle Celeste and she can be very effective so you might consider her as well. :)
IGN: Blissey123
Hero mains: Lyra, Catherine, Koshka, Idris, Celeste, Kestrel, Flicker,Celeste
Heroes that I am good at but I don't have: Joule
Practicing: Kestrel, Celeste, Vox, Idris
Tier: Worthy Foe Silver
Best Heroes: Lyra, Catherine, Idris, Kestrel, Koshka, Vox, Celeste

Blissey123
Notable (17)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cyanogenmoded » May 31, 2017 8:15am | Report
Blissey123 wrote:

Personally, I think Grumpjaw is mostly used as a niche hero. He can counter certain heroes very well, but get's destroyed by Burty late game heroes. If you like early game heroes, then you should buy Grumpjaw. However, as you bought Idris, which is a late game jungler, you might want to buy a late game hero. Assuming that you main jungle, you can choose from the late game jungle heroes, like Kestrel, Krul, Baptiste, Glaive, Skye, Taka(if you still don't have him). I personally, I play Jungle Celeste and she can be very effective so you might consider her as well. :)

Yes current meta is catching up grumpjaw and baptiste but both of them require high practice and skills as well as timing , you should be aware of when to use your abilities and when not. Grumpjaw is early game and baptiste is late game, but both of them counters several heroes which are current meta , for instance baptiste can counter any gap closing hero like alpha , ozo, etc

I will recommend gwen, joule , rona(most op hero),fortress, lance, alpha and Celeste.
I will be your worst nightmare
Main heroes- Glaive(wp), Petal(dead, this hero is dead for me), cp adagio, vox, gwen, lance(not bad), koshka, alpha and sometimes the current meta.

Cyanogenmoded
Quote | PM | +Rep by KoshkairStrike » June 1, 2017 2:49pm | Report
Play who you enjoy not who's meta if you like he character go for it if not don't bother pick someone you like more besides one days you'll have em all
A Russian suplex

KoshkairStrike
Quote | PM | +Rep by BLG3RNT » June 4, 2017 3:50pm | Report
I won't get into all the debates about what's been said, as I disagree with most of it but don't have the energy to stast a debate. Telling you who to buy is difficult without knowing who you don't have. So I instead I will say this Grumpjaw is a VERY solid hero so worth the purchase.
IGN: BLG3RNT
Region: NA
Coach for Nova Esports
Imma Roam Main

BLG3RNT
<Editor>
Remarkable (44)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved