Vainglory Forums

Should i spend ICE on Mystery Chest?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by sumasage » December 15, 2016 3:22pm | Report
I just started the game and have about 1000 ICE. Just wondering if the Mystery Chest is a good way to spend the ICE. 199 for 1 in 3 chance of getting a hero/skin sound pretty good odds for me as i aim to get hero. Just thought i ask to see what everyone else's experiences with this. Thanks.

sumasage
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » December 16, 2016 10:58am | Report
If you are just starting out and have nothing at all, then the mystery chest is pretty good and you will probably get a lot of useful stuff. If you have most of the heroes or some skins unlocked already, then it's probably not worth it unless you have a ton of money to spend.
IGN: MaximusPrime
Region: NA
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BLG3RNT » December 16, 2016 6:11pm | Report
So my 1 in 3 chances have lead to 2 skins. Also understand that there are approximately 3 times as many skins as there are heroes. So let's play the odds for a moment. You can buy 5 chests with your 1000 ICE, and that should net you 1-2 heroes or skins sticking strictly to the odds. Of course there is the chance that you only get 1 because your 2nd might come in chest 6 to keep to the 1-3 chance.

Or you could buy the Hero of your choosing. Would you rather have a hero that is randomly chosen for you, a skin for a character you may not have, possibly a duplicate so you only end up with 20 opals or so, or would you rather spend the 900 ICE on the hero you actually WANT?
IGN: BLG3RNT
Coach for Nova Esports
Imma Roam Main

BLG3RNT
<Editor>
Remarkable (44)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Monsterjake » December 16, 2016 7:16pm | Report
I have gotten a few chests (I think 3 but maybe 4) which got me some pretty good stuff for a beginner. I have gotten 2 heroes and 800 glory for the big/legendary items but I have also gotten another 500+ glory from the other cards as well as 30+ opals and some common cards. I think that for a beginner in the game this is a great place to start. But like BLG3RNT said
BLG3RNT wrote:
Would you rather have a hero that is randomly chosen for you, a skin for a character you may not have, possibly a duplicate so you only end up with 20 opals or so, or would you rather spend the 900 ICE on the hero you actually WANT?
It's your game profile and ultimately up to you we are just here to put in our opinions.
IGN: Monsterjake
Region: North America
Mains: Can pretty much play anyone you give me, or can at least hold his own with them
Let's provoke a team fight!

Monsterjake
<Editor>
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by LilWolfPup » December 17, 2016 4:57pm | Report
I opened 2 chests and I got 1 hero each. I aslo got a lot of opals and some ice. Definitely worth it!

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
LilWolfPup
<Editor>
Notable (16)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved