Vainglory Forums

Soloq is toxic

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.

Poll Question:

Have you had a bad experience with Soloqing?
Yes
No
VOTE
Quote | PM | +Rep by prodigy755 » April 19, 2017 12:30am | Report
Ok, I know that I'm not the only person who has ever said or ever will say this, but soloq really is horrendous to deal with. I know that a lot of you are probably just like "I'm pretty sure that you've been told that at some point while playing Vainglory." but the thing is, I never really considered it till recently. I've always been just like "Yeah it might be 50/50 when it comes to winrate, but so what? Surely you can just carry yourself through to Hotness/T7 like everyone tells you!" well recently I'm having troubles believing that soloq is 50/50, depending on your own skill.

So what started this thinking was about a week ago I did a match and failed miserably. No real biggie, I mean your bound to lose at some point right? Even Armada or TSM can't win every single game. But it was the reason why my team lost that upset me. I was cred threat/T6 silver at the time, which is average for a lot of players so you'd think everyone would have at least the basics down, but I got stuck with a roamer who never used his fountain unless it was for himself, never used his crucible unless he was the 1 about to get hit by a CC ability, was always the first 1 to peal in a bad situation. I wasn't as frustrated as I could've been, I mean we all end up with some ridiculous allies, but then I encountered an even stupider problem. See, we lost to some people who were of lower rank and so my ELO just went down, but even that wasn't the major problem, the major problem was the MMR.

So basically, I lost a match against (I don't like to call people this very often but it is the name most people use) "noobs" with a very bad KDA thanks to a bad roamer, well then it decided I wasn't very skilled so it set me up with even worse "noobs". This time I ended up with a joule who did nothing but engage no matter what the situation, and basically managed to convince the laner that it was my fault by non stop pinging. As a result, I look like the idiot, they believe I'm useless, and so they start ditching me whenever I'm getting attacked. Wound up with an even worse KDA and so I ended up with even worse "noobs".

I won't go into specifics, but basically I started ending up in match after match of losing because of an ally/allies who were so ridiculously making the most obvious beginners mistakes that I couldn't do anything for them no matter how hard I tried. I tried a period of just insta locking carry even though I'm a roam main, at least just to see if I could carry myself to victory. It just resulted in ending up with bad roams who barely did their job right at all and it gave me the worst losing streak of all. I also tried dodging matches if I ended up with trolls, bad comps, or obviously stupid picks (such as skye roam, jungle vox CP etc.) but I just ended up with a 5 match 3 minute long LPQ. I'm now down to got swagger bronze and I'm very close to ending up back in Worthy foe gold, which I have not been in for 2 seasons.

I know that quite a few of you are thinking "Just stop your whining and self pity and just party up with some friends or guildmates!" But I don't really have any friends to play with or even guildmates since they now believe I am a terrible player all thanks to ending up just 1 loss away from worthy foe. All thanks to a bunch of matches where no matter what role I picked, which heroes I picked, or even how well I tried to synergize, I ended up with "noobs" who made mistakes that I would not expect to see in either T6 or T5.

The point I'm trying to bring across right now is that soloq is almost certainly a bad idea. A lot of people tell me that there are lessons to learn from soloq, but so far all I have learned is that the MMR is massively screwed up and there are a lot of "noobs" where there shouldn't be. I never claimed to be a person who should almost definitely be at vainglorious or PoA, but considering I have almost gotten to hotness before, I don't think that the proper place for me is worthy foe gold.

This is just some random rant by me and I don't expect a lot of people to see eye to eye with me. A lot of you are probably going to call me and idiot or pleb who thinks that he should be a pro. It's just that I have always to tried to soloq to take things from away with me, but ever since I hit got swagger it has almost been impossible for me!

To a lot of the PoA or Vainglorious players out there who think I'm expecting to much and think that soloq is easy: I have seen before and been told that when you hit about Simply Amazing, soloqing starts becoming at least a bit easier because everyone is far more understanding and talented at that level. Go and make an alt account and see what things are like at credible threat where you literally end up with a "noob", match thrower, or troll almost every game!

Thanks for reading, I know this was long and probably boring, but I just felt like getting some things off my chest.
IGN: Prodigy955
Server: NA
Role: Roam
Main: Ardan

Improvement comes from learning from your mistakes and fixing them, not just pointing them out.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
prodigy755
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BossBoy » April 19, 2017 3:08am | Report
I understand ur problem
I also experience that kind of player when I soloq so when I ranked I always try to party up with someone
IGN: Thangproz
Server: SEA
Main: Jungle(90%),Carry(10%), Roam (practicing in casual)

BossBoy
Notable (12)
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheCatfish » April 20, 2017 5:31pm | Report
OMG I have those same problems! People trolling after one bad team fight, "Noobs", and just frustrating teammates that spam rude pings. I actually have played a match where our carry Vox sold all of his wp items, bought health, and ran into the enemy base every time he respwaned. Another bad situation was when I lost one match with a new friend and due to my wifi missing up we lost and he calls me a noob and unfriends me. I would totally play with you ( my name is TheCatfish, NA region) and not get mad. I mean, nobody wins every match ever! I am currently Credible threat gold, and I'm very close to the Hotness. My guild is also Fabio Feesh Bois, I'm the leader and it's super chill!
PS: I hope you have a better time with your teammates and matches in the future.:3
"Life without risk is as dull and mindless as lane minions." -TheCatfish :3

TheCatfish
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MagikarpUsedHyperBeam » April 20, 2017 7:04pm | Report
I understand your problems. The problem with VG is that it honestly has such inflated elo. VG needs to rework their ranked system, and add in features that prevent boosted players from going up in rank too fast. Also a feature that prevents players from rapidly dropping in rank. I think that VG should get rid of the elo system, it's a system that is designed for 1v1 games like chess not multiplayer games like VG. VG is so behind, other MOBAs have already moved away from elo and for the better. Look at LoL for instance, their system is probably one of the best ranking systems around. Every season they reset everyone's teirs, then they have 10 placement games that will place you in your new rank depending on: your previous rank, your record in your placement games, how well you played in those placement games, and your mmr during those placement games. Then after you get placed in your new rank, all you need to do is to get 100 points in that tier. After you get 100 points you go into promotions which is 5 games, and if you do well in those 5 games you get promoted.

I think that a system like the one I just mentioned above should be what VG strives for in ranked. It prevents bad players from going up in ranked by getting carried. VG's ranked is so boosted that you won't even run into good players until VG silver.

here some more info about how the LoL ranked works: LoL Ranking System

MagikarpUsedHyperBeam
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by prodigy755 » April 20, 2017 10:43pm | Report
@TheCatfish thanks man! I was ranting when I made this and I thought that it would come off as "look its one of those players who get their butt on their shoulders because they lose a few ranked matches!" but so far everyone who has replied has been understanding. I really appreciate it!

@MagikarpUsedHyperBeam I had no idea that a lot of other MOBA's had a ranked system like that. Does it filter out the ranks better? If so, why hasn't SEMC thought of plugging that in to the game, at least just for 1 season to see the results?

Improvement comes from learning from your mistakes and fixing them, not just pointing them out.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
prodigy755
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » April 21, 2017 7:00am | Report
1 tip, don't play lane, play roam, a good roam in the lower tiers is far better than a good laner

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MagikarpUsedHyperBeam » April 21, 2017 8:02am | Report
prodigy755 wrote:

@MagikarpUsedHyperBeam I had no idea that a lot of other MOBA's had a ranked system like that. Does it filter out the ranks better? If so, why hasn't SEMC thought of plugging that in to the game, at least just for 1 season to see the results?

As far as rank distribution goes:
LoL
LoL's lowest tier is Bronze, and the highest is Challenger.
VG

The reason that I think that VG hasn't tried a system like that is because it would have to be such a large overhaul of the current system. They would have to reset everyone's rank. Then they would have to set everyone's mmr to middle rank. I feel like a lot of the VG players would be angry at SEMC for changing the ranking system to something that would accurately show what their true rank is.

MagikarpUsedHyperBeam
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by x0xXx0x » April 21, 2017 11:47am | Report
Focusing attention on what teammates do loses focus from enemies and you end up getting pwned/killed etc! You do a mistake focusinf on your teammates...focus on yourself! If you become very good as a player you will win 4/5 matches regardless...and the one lose is the one that you encounter intentional feeders! You have the ability to make your team work, sinergy with them regardless of their skill and make the whole team shine and destroy! That's what a noce player does...a whining b on the other side...does what you did and do! Dont take it as offense...its meant to help you become a better player! Re-evaluate your gameplay sincerecly...be hinest to yourself and your mistakes..and then have the desire to become a better player! Then and only then you will change and climb the ladder faster easier and more naturally...

About soloq for me it is way better than teaming up with people...when i team up i tend to relax...when i go solo i become more focused and play my best...i made it soloq to vainglorious...peaked a few times...but i never looked onto allies mistakes like you and tons of other people do, instead i focused on improving myself more and more and more until i finally got unstopabble...
also what i do recommended is mastering a few heroes instead of playing all, like play 3-4-5 until you get to know how they work really well...
Favorite heroes: Fortress, Krul Support, Rona Support, Taka support

Favorite Skin: All Fortress Skins

Skill Tier: Vainglorious

x0xXx0x
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by prodigy755 » April 21, 2017 1:01pm | Report
x0xXx0x wrote:

Focusing attention on what teammates do loses focus from enemies and you end up getting pwned/killed etc! You do a mistake focusinf on your teammates...focus on yourself! If you become very good as a player you will win 4/5 matches regardless...and the one lose is the one that you encounter intentional feeders! You have the ability to make your team work, sinergy with them regardless of their skill and make the whole team shine and destroy! That's what a noce player does...a whining b on the other side...does what you did and do! Dont take it as offense...its meant to help you become a better player! Re-evaluate your gameplay sincerecly...be hinest to yourself and your mistakes..and then have the desire to become a better player! Then and only then you will change and climb the ladder faster easier and more naturally...

About soloq for me it is way better than teaming up with people...when i team up i tend to relax...when i go solo i become more focused and play my best...i made it soloq to vainglorious...peaked a few times...but i never looked onto allies mistakes like you and tons of other people do, instead i focused on improving myself more and more and more until i finally got unstopabble...
also what i do recommended is mastering a few heroes instead of playing all, like play 3-4-5 until you get to know how they work really well...

I'll take what you say in mind and work on it since that is actually a very big mistake I make. My only problem is that it is sometimes very difficult not to notice my allies mistakes since I tend to be pretty judgemental. Again though, I will try my hardest to work on this since it is probably a big reason I lose so much.

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
prodigy755
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BlazeChron » April 22, 2017 9:59pm | Report
I hate it when people spam ping me in the middle of a fight when I die, come on use those fingers to hit the enemy team!

How I like to think of it is that your rank does not really matter, it's just a number after all. All that matters is learning something after the match about YOURSELF and how YOU can improve and not how your teammates were complete noobs that threw the match
Take ranked matches as a learning experience, just like any other casual match
If you win, you live
If you lose, you die
If you don't fight, you can't win
A Taka on Kaiten XD

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
BlazeChron
<Editor>
Notable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved