Vainglory Forums

Stutterstepping On Gwen

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Crimsonfire » April 8, 2017 6:20am | Report
Stutterstepping is an integral part of being a laner...I have had no problem with it...but I am a little confused with Gwen..not that I cannot SS with her xD it's that her perk...it takes a few milliseconds to proc...and even with BP speed boost (which isn't much) it takes over 1 second...and in such a time I can shoot 3-4 times...is it worth it to wait for her perk to proc before shooting? Or should I just go pew pew pew...my build is the general build...Sorrowblade -> breaking point -> monocle (1-2 if double cp or WP or hybrid enemies) thank you in advance for your inputs

Crimsonfire
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by JustStarted » April 8, 2017 6:46am | Report
Dear Crimsonfire, I'm glad that you asked this question. Gwen's heroic perk allows her to dish out an extra burst of damage after refraining from attacking for some time. This perk is useful during he early game, because it essentially acts as a mini tension bow. The extra burts of damage is especially helpful during the early game, as you can use he perk to kill enemy minions faster, or deal out some good poke to the enemy laner. While the extra burst of damage is useful, I strongly do not recommend that you wait for it to build up during team fights or when you are trying to take down objectives like the kraken. Attacking as soon as you can DOES provide a lot more damage per second, and I don't recommend that you wait for the charge up in most cases, even when u have some increased attack speed.
To be honest, gwen's stutterstepping is harder than heroes like to go because her natural attack speed is rather low. However, to compensate for this, she has more utility (I think) because she possesses a stun and an excellent escape option. Use your skills to bait your enemies in, and use your stun effectively to win team fights. I hope this response has helped you, I apologize for any spelling mistakes
Username: JustStarted
Rank: SIMPLY AMAZING (SILVER) OR SMURF= WORTHY FOE (BRONZE)
Favorite Heroes: LANCE (UTILITY) ALPHA (CP), VOX (WP), RINGO (HYBRID), IDRIS (WP)
Region: ASIA (Japan)

*Note: I speak fluent English, but I currently reside in Japan.

JustStarted
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Crimsonfire » April 8, 2017 8:40am | Report
JustStarted wrote:

Dear Crimsonfire, I'm glad that you asked this question. Gwen's heroic perk allows her to dish out an extra burst of damage after refraining from attacking for some time. This perk is useful during he early game, because it essentially acts as a mini tension bow. The extra burts of damage is especially helpful during the early game, as you can use he perk to kill enemy minions faster, or deal out some good poke to the enemy laner. While the extra burst of damage is useful, I strongly do not recommend that you wait for it to build up during team fights or when you are trying to take down objectives like the kraken. Attacking as soon as you can DOES provide a lot more damage per second, and I don't recommend that you wait for the charge up in most cases, even when u have some increased attack speed.
To be honest, gwen's stutterstepping is harder than heroes like to go because her natural attack speed is rather low. However, to compensate for this, she has more utility (I think) because she possesses a stun and an excellent escape option. Use your skills to bait your enemies in, and use your stun effectively to win team fights. I hope this response has helped you, I apologize for any spelling mistakes

I agree with everything you've said..I generally don't wait for her perk to proc while SS...and when an enemy with low hp escapes her perk comes into play and the execution damage is pretty good ^_^ I am glad I am getting such good response from the community...I will carry keep your advice in mind the next time I bring her out into the fold ^.^

Crimsonfire
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BlazeChron » April 8, 2017 8:54pm | Report
I personally don't care about her Boomstick
When stutter stepping you can squeeze in 2+ shots before her perk gets back up(200%+ wp basically instead of 145% wp)
It's only good when farming :/
If you win, you live
If you lose, you die
If you don't fight, you can't win
A Taka on Kaiten XD

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
BlazeChron
<Editor>
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Crimsonfire » April 9, 2017 2:55am | Report
BlazeChron wrote:

I personally don't care about her Boomstick
When stutter stepping you can squeeze in 2+ shots before her perk gets back up(200%+ wp basically instead of 145% wp)
It's only good when farming :/

You are right...I feel her perk is kinda useless unless it is to execute an opponent running away with very little hp xD

Crimsonfire
Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved