Vainglory Forums

The best laner to counter Alpha

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Crimsonfire » April 7, 2017 5:48am | Report
So I have been ranking a little at a time every night...I am now tier 7 on my second account...I main vox, Ringo, Baron, Gwen and Skye as laners...the first three are great as WP laners..but IMHO I feel Skye is better as CP because I am able to kite and cc effectively with her kit while dealing damage and the life steal from EoH gives me more sustain while WP Skye is more support dependent since she has no way to lifesteal with her usual build (sorrowblade, breaking point, tyrant) I have an easy time with alpha on Skye and even Baron if my jungler is a tanky one like glaive or joule who can take a few hits for me...I usually play CP jungle and WP laner which is meta...but most laners I meet are very bad at SS and kiting (and they don't build defenses...why? Because the vainglorious pros in tournament don't prioritise defense either is what they say -___-) and alpha makes quick work of them...I usually can take an alpha easy 1v1 on my reim or krul and Skye...obvious counters to her...but to play Skye in jungle the support needs to be able to cc effectively and laner needs to be careful with his positioning...Skye is good at cc but she takes a few seconds to kill anybody since she is more sustain than burst...most laners don't survive 3-4 seconds against alpha...all the while running and not even stutterstepping...I don't want alpha to be nerfed...I just want to know IF WP Skye is viable in higher elo (tier 8 and above) and if there is another laner which can counter her in your opinion...I do okay with her on vox but I can only kite her for a while until she catches up...paired with a BF or fortress is real cancer (and ofc wartreads) what do you guys think I should do? WP Skye lane? Or any other option?

Crimsonfire
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by flameburner » April 7, 2017 6:29am | Report
it is true that alpha is a huge problem for most laners-apart from jungle celeste or lane celeste (i'll talk bout this is a sec) or blackfeather or idris

celeste isnt about surviving its about bursting her before she can kill you or stunning her out of her abilities so you have more time to get away, and to heliogenesis supernova her, destroying her.

blackfeather can dodge out of her path and away with his ult

wp idris (cause cp idris is worthless) can dodge her abilities and confuse her, so you can trick her and duke her.

these all take practice but good luck

flameburner
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BlazeChron » April 7, 2017 7:03am | Report
Journey Boots
Dodge her Prime Directive, or run out of her Termination Protocol.
Also good for general kiting, it feels really good to use boots and kite the hell out of the enemy team :D
Also good for farming, wanna keep up that perfect cs? Rush Journey Boots and tap it when rotating to the jungle shop, when you come back just poke the enemy Carry and you're back with boots
Though the downside is that you fall behind in damage but
"Steel wins battles. Gold wins wars"-DK much wisdom
If you win, you live
If you lose, you die
If you don't fight, you can't win
A Taka on Kaiten XD

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
BlazeChron
<Editor>
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Crimsonfire » April 7, 2017 7:19am | Report
flameburner wrote:

it is true that alpha is a huge problem for most laners-apart from jungle celeste or lane celeste (i'll talk bout this is a sec) or blackfeather or idris

celeste isnt about surviving its about bursting her before she can kill you or stunning her out of her abilities so you have more time to get away, and to heliogenesis supernova her, destroying her.

blackfeather can dodge out of her path and away with his ult

wp idris (cause cp idris is worthless) can dodge her abilities and confuse her, so you can trick her and duke her.

these all take practice but good luck

Well I do BF and Idris...BF is so Strong with just SM and BP and with a shiversteel there is no escaping him...but the problem with WP lane BF is..he needs a lyra or adagio to give him sustain..even book of eulogies is not enough if I fight against a Ringo or a SAW (though SAW late game is a potato) since they poke a lot...and idris has the same problem...I lose farm when I let the minions come near my turret...on vox I earn 3k gold before jungle shop spawns..but on melee laners it's hard...most support adagio will just steal my farm (same with lyra) and adagio don't know how to use their A effectively to burn enemies so they get their mana regen...I really appreciate your input...I will have to buy celeste I suppose

Crimsonfire
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Crimsonfire » April 7, 2017 7:26am | Report
BlazeChron wrote:

Journey Boots
Dodge her Prime Directive, or run out of her Termination Protocol.
Also good for general kiting, it feels really good to use boots and kite the hell out of the enemy team :D
Also good for farming, wanna keep up that perfect cs? Rush Journey Boots and tap it when rotating to the jungle shop, when you come back just poke the enemy Carry and you're back with boots
Though the downside is that you fall behind in damage but
"Steel wins battles. Gold wins wars"-DK much wisdom

Well I do like to buy tier 1 defenses and tier 2 boots as soon as I finish my sorrowblade or breaking point...early/mid-game is okay...I hold my own...I don't get ganked...not more than 1-2 times in a match xD but in late game...if we aren't snowballing and an alpha is well farmed...RIP...I have seen alpha paired with fortress...I swear there is no escape...they WILL hunt you down xD the A is okay...it's just the B that annoys me..and it stacks..her damage output is much higher than me BP double monocle vox...maybe I should replace a monocle with a sorrowblade?

Crimsonfire
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Crimsonfire » April 7, 2017 7:38am | Report
Also I would like to add...that laning on a CP hero is a tedious task...when I lane as Samuel or even CP Skye...I always have to buy a weapon blade as starting item...because otherwise I miss last hits on minions...I suppose this is the reason why the current meta focuses on CP junglers and WP laners...that is another reason I don't play Skye on lane...because when I Forward Barrage...it's hard to time it in such a way that I don't miss any of the 5 minion last hits...I hate losing my farm XD jus sayin...it's hard to push lane as a CP laner without losing last hits...Q_Q

Crimsonfire
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by KoizumiPanayo » April 7, 2017 10:31pm | Report
Well Alpha is one of my main so I could understand your frustration when dealing with her on the Fold, especially if you're rush damaging items first and you have little or no defence in the first place. In my opinion most ranged WP laners are a threat to Alpha, on the other hand, versatile heroes such as Blackfeather or even Kestrel is a huge threat against her too. Playing Alpha requires you to aim your Prime Directive in order to get close to your enemies, and building your stacks from Core Charge, and when you notice her Infinite Reboot is not ready, KILL HER!!!
Sorry for being so hype... As you can see, what makes Alpha distinguish from other heroes is her Perk, which could transform her into a walking dynamite, and also by what I have experienced (well from the match last night actually), most Alpha players will start to attack you once their Infinite Protocol aka bomb-is-lit. Then once their health is low, they trigger their Ultimate and BOOM, she revives again if you and your team mates don't burst her down fast enough.
Well these are just my opinions and my past experience. Just don't "rage ping" me though. Get it? Rage, ping... Okay I'm out. PEACE! "Warning citizens, you are in danger! Please stay clear!"

KoizumiPanayo
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Crimsonfire » April 8, 2017 1:38am | Report

Well Alpha is one of my main so I could understand your frustration when dealing with her on the Fold, especially if you're rush damaging items first and you have little or no defence in the first place. In my opinion most ranged WP laners are a threat to Alpha, on the other hand, versatile heroes such as Blackfeather or even Kestrel is a huge threat against her too. Playing Alpha requires you to aim your Prime Directive in order to get close to your enemies, and building your stacks from Core Charge, and when you notice her Infinite Reboot is not ready, KILL HER!!!
Sorry for being so hype... As you can see, what makes Alpha distinguish from other heroes is her Perk, which could transform her into a walking dynamite, and also by what I have experienced (well from the match last night actually), most Alpha players will start to attack you once their Infinite Protocol aka bomb-is-lit. Then once their health is low, they trigger their Ultimate and BOOM, she revives again if you and your team mates don't burst her down fast enough.
Well these are just my opinions and my past experience. Just don't "rage ping" me though. Get it? Rage, ping... Okay I'm out. PEACE! "Warning citizens, you are in danger! Please stay clear!"

Hahaha...you summed it up pretty nicely..actually...alpha with only offensive items is not a threat...some alpha build SG, BM, stormcrown, AS...all are viable on her but with four offensive items she can carry only 1 Def item..and since the meta focuses on CP + WP double threat team comp..she needs to be tankier xD I don't fear the glass cannon all out damage alpha...it's the tanky AS, BM, SC alpha that scare me xD

Crimsonfire
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Blissey123 » April 9, 2017 4:03pm | Report
I personally think that Alpha is Countered by early game laners and heroes that are super bursty(Celeste, Kestrel, Skaarf, basically mages with the exception of Kestrel). Alpha is an absolute potato early game, but when she has 1 offensive item, everything will change. You can counter her mid game by buying a tier 2 defense with a reflex block(very reliable) and by that time you should have a tier 3 offensive item(like Frostburn on the case of Celeste)

I main Celeste so I know, late game, it is easy to counter Alpha. Just stay away, and if she chases you, perfectly timed core collapse will do the trick.

Celeste is so bursty that I have almost no trouble with Alpha(unless a very good one)

Also, it isn't really that difficult to last hit with CP laners(for CP gwen early game, I can understand)
You just have to learn. It's different compared to WP carries.
IGN: Blissey123
Hero mains: Lyra, Catherine, Koshka, Idris, Celeste, Kestrel, Flicker,Celeste
Heroes that I am good at but I don't have: Joule
Practicing: Kestrel, Celeste, Vox, Idris
Tier: Worthy Foe Silver
Best Heroes: Lyra, Catherine, Idris, Kestrel, Koshka, Vox, Celeste

Blissey123
Notable (17)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Crimsonfire » April 12, 2017 4:33am | Report
Blissey123 wrote:

I personally think that Alpha is Countered by early game laners and heroes that are super bursty(Celeste, Kestrel, Skaarf, basically mages with the exception of Kestrel). Alpha is an absolute potato early game, but when she has 1 offensive item, everything will change. You can counter her mid game by buying a tier 2 defense with a reflex block(very reliable) and by that time you should have a tier 3 offensive item(like Frostburn on the case of Celeste)

I main Celeste so I know, late game, it is easy to counter Alpha. Just stay away, and if she chases you, perfectly timed core collapse will do the trick.

Celeste is so bursty that I have almost no trouble with Alpha(unless a very good one)

Also, it isn't really that difficult to last hit with CP laners(for CP gwen early game, I can understand)
You just have to learn. It's different compared to WP carries.

You're right...my team's jungler...when she plays celeste she annihilates alpha..and when she is rebooting...two heliogenesis and she's wiped out xD also I got the hang of cp laning...it's just that I don't play celeste...I only have 18 heros...I like to lane as adagio..or scaarf if the opponents take SAW xD

Crimsonfire
Notable (2)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved