Vainglory Forums

What Roams Do You Guys Like to Pair With?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.

Poll Question:

Favorite Captains?
Adagio
Ardan
Catherine
Flicker
Fortress
Glaive
Grumpjaw
Lance
Lyra
Phinn
VOTE
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheMinuteman » April 5, 2017 7:42pm | Report
Most of the roams I like to play are out of meta. I've played most of the roams, and have all the Captain heroes, but I'd like to know who you guys favor or think is in meta. I know it depends upon which heroes your teammates play, but some roams are more in meta for some heroes than others. Also, leave your favorite comps/ pairings in comments.

TheMinuteman
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » April 10, 2017 10:04am | Report
Catherine because I'm pretty good with her and it's fun to stun enemies. It sucks when you engage as a team and then you silence but your allies run away with like 60% health and you haven't used your fountain yet :/ Also, my allies always reengage cause they think they're invincible when I Vanguard them and I just feel like Catherine is a much more powerful hero.
IGN: MaximusPrime
Region: NA
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BlazeChron » April 13, 2017 6:58am | Report
I love Ardan as my roam :D
His Gauntlet can easily bait out enemy Reflex Blocks, if they don't use them then a ranged character can safely whack them on the other side of the wall.
Ardan is a more aggressive roam and can dive a ton of turrets with his massive health pool and Julia's Gift. It's really nice to have someone beside you while diving 5 turrets :D especially if you're a squishy carry getting super greedy for kills (me most of the time)
Also his Vanguard can save me while I'm making highly risky plays :P
If you win, you live
If you lose, you die
If you don't fight, you can't win
A Taka on Kaiten XD

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
BlazeChron
<Editor>
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MagikarpUsedHyperBeam » April 16, 2017 8:49pm | Report
I really like Lyra as my captain. She has a lot of flexibility in her build path. She can also be played very aggressively or passively. It makes me kind of sad that she keeps getting nerfed though. ._.

MagikarpUsedHyperBeam
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Blissey123 » April 17, 2017 1:44am | Report
Me too.
IGN: Blissey123
Hero mains: Lyra, Catherine, Koshka, Idris, Celeste, Kestrel, Flicker,Celeste
Heroes that I am good at but I don't have: Joule
Practicing: Kestrel, Celeste, Vox, Idris
Tier: Worthy Foe Silver
Best Heroes: Lyra, Catherine, Idris, Kestrel, Koshka, Vox, Celeste

Blissey123
Notable (17)
Quote | PM | +Rep by RxyDxy » April 17, 2017 3:08am | Report
I think good Ardans win games. Good Lyras are not bad also, but I think Lyra is one of those heroes that need a bit more coordination through Skype/Discord to play to her maximum effectiveness.
IGN: RxyDxy
Region: SEA
Current Rank: The Hotness (Silver)
Favourite Heroes: Koshka, Rona, Flicker, Alpha

RxyDxy
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by flameburner » April 17, 2017 3:57am | Report
as a roam/jungler, i feel phinn isnt a good roam early game, but late game he dominates because his engage is so good

ardan is the best. the shield he gives is op, and his blood for blood does so much damage.

flicker's stealth means he can scout bushes for the carry or jungler, depending on who he is supporting, and the slow means escapes are easier

adagio and lyra for the same reason-heals

lance can be amazing, if its a good lance, the implaes can do a lot of damage early game, and can mean you get loadsa easy kills

grumpjaw is weird, should be a captain ngl, but can be a threat if the ult is used well

catherine is ****, all her skills are for her protection, apart from ult

fortress is broken, plz nerf

flameburner
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BossBoy » April 18, 2017 6:47am | Report
flameburner
how about Glaive being a captain, his Afterburn can reposition the enemy
IGN: Thangproz
Server: SEA
Main: Jungle(90%),Carry(10%), Roam (practicing in casual)

BossBoy
Notable (12)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved