Vainglory Forums

Combat and Shopping issues

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by SandstoneAspect » March 16, 2017 11:20pm | Report
A duplicate post from the other Vainglory forums:

I am SandstoneAspect, or you could just call me Sandstone. I am new to this game and recently joined due to being bored for one whole week without anything interesting to do since I'm away from where I currently live.

Before my march break ends, I would like to acquire some advice as to how to handle the basic mechanics of the attacking and shopping part of the in-game sessions. It appears to me that in the last few days, I have spent a lot of time into listening and viewing the videos provided for basic help and took some advice to practice with bot matches. However, it appears to me that since I have some sort of memory fatigue and delayed reaction timing, it kinda hits me hard that I feel unable to play competently. I asked for lots of help from my friends and others online. Even during games, the people that are in my team constantly signal the question mark when I keep dying.

So basically, my current problem is that I am very confused and am not sure how to properly battle in the game. I understand how tomorrow and tap once and tap or drag to other places. But above all, I just keep getting killed even when trying my best. I know this may seem quite simple to accept for others, however I feel that it is difficult to lean the mechanics of the game to use them properly. So the problem is that even if I follow the recommended items in the shop and play very defensively to the best of my extent while using my abilities as much as possible, I still somehow panic and get killed.

I am currently in the South East Asia server for a few more days before my March break ends. I will be going back to North America very soon and I am planning to migrate to the other server once I reach there. So if you would like to help me lay down some basic offence and defence strategies, please feel free to do so. I'll be more than happy to cooperate for two days from the time of this post.

SandstoneAspect
Quote | PM | +Rep by Radiance » March 17, 2017 1:23am | Report
You should try playing the Jungler role if you are new to the game. Junglers have above average health, tankiness, and damage output, making them a well rounded choice of hero with few weaknesses. A very simple Jungler to help your vainglory experience would be Glaive. Glaive introduces many basic concepts such as jungle clear order, ganking, and jungle invading. Apart from being a very tanky hero, Glaive's Passive-like Abilities, Twisted Stroke and Bloodsong, do not ever have to be activated to achieve their full potential. This makes Glaive a very simple hero to play, with only one skill to learn correctly.

If you are a beginner, spread Building may be slightly complicated for you.
To bypass that, here is a very simple Glaive build which you can use to achieve full Potential.
Tension Bow, Sprint Boots, Tornado Trigger, Travel Boots, Aegis, Journey Boots, Tyrant's Monacle, Metal Jacket.

I also suggest looking up some guides just for the explanation on how to use the Hero, but ignore the item builds given as some of them are not beginner friendly.

This guide by CullTheMeek pretty much goes over everything you need to know about Glaive :)

Of course, once you have mastered the very basics of the game, you might want to try out some more meta friendly heroes like Adagio or Blackfeather.
Hello Everyone! I am Radiance, the Creator of 3 Essential Adagio Builds, which is the Highest rated Adagio guide on the Forums. I am also an Experienced Website Coder, and theorycraft enthusiast. I enjoy learning about the lore and story behind every game and every character. I like to find meaning in things that mean little to anyone, and uncover the secrets in Vainglory's tiniest of Details. I am a ROAM Main, and I play different genres of games, including sandbox, fps, and other MOBAS.

Radiance
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SandstoneAspect » March 18, 2017 2:32am | Report
Hey there!

Thanks for the advice! I can really do somewhat with Glaive now.

Thank you again for your help.

SandstoneAspect
Quote | PM | +Rep by TFDeathRay » March 20, 2017 7:21pm | Report

Hey Sandstone

First things first, those that question ping you when you die, ignore them. People like those are usually why most new or old player quit the game. I've had 2 friends quit Vainglory because of the salt and toxicity, but I hung on. Always be positive even in defeat and mute those who are annoying because they suck the fun out of the game.

Moving on. If you liked jungle, stay there, no reason to change, just be ready for instalockers. I prefer picking up at least two if not all the roles at least once or twice.

For Lane, there's Ringo's Gold Rush, which is pretty fun, it also helps with farming in lane. A few laners that you can pick up are Celeste or SAW. Celeste primarily deals with landing skillshots and SAW is teaches the importance of micromanagement in the lane. I know there are good guides on VGF that you can skim to get a basic understanding of these laners and what to do in lane.(MaximusPrime made a great SAW guide but since you're relatively new, I would stick with weapon SAW, no offense Maximus)

For Roam, Ardan is my number one choice. Decent Crowd Control, great team utility, and able to dish out damage on his own, he makes for a awesome, and easy, roamer to pick up. If Ardan isn't your style, two great roamers to pick up are Catherine or Fortress(got buffed i think). Catherine is easy to learn and fun to play in any situation, and Fortress is great if you love speed and doggos. Again there are great guides on VGF(I think LilWolfPup made an awesome Fortress guide that won the guide competition)

Have fun, and I hope to see you on the Fold!! IGN:DeathRay

Real footage of me hiding in a bush, waiting for the 1/13/2 Celeste. Circa(2017)

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
TFDeathRay
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BossBoy » April 18, 2017 6:54am | Report
Hey Sandstone
If you want to be jungle choose what Radiance said: Glaive
he has an escape/gank ability that you can use: Afterburn
for lane start by using Ringo
his ability can teach/ help you improve your laning skill, just to name a few of them:
kitting
farming
stutter stepping

Hope you have fun :)
IGN: Thangproz
Server: SEA
Main: Jungle(90%),Carry(10%), Roam (practicing in casual)

BossBoy
Notable (12)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved