Vainglory Forums

Coming In Update 2.3: Charms Preview & All-Access Passes

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dash » March 24, 2017 7:54am | Report

A new Update is on the horizon and with it a whole bunch of new features. What sort of features you ask? Well how about taunts, dances, and emotes. But that's not all there are a whole lot more features coming in the Update 2.3 including Passes(the replacement for Boosts). To learn more check out the official release below.

Charms & All-Access Passes

In our recent “Developer Update: A Look Into 2017” video, we showed the first glimpse of Talents — a major new system in progress. Talents will be felt throughout the app, and the underlying work going into it unlocks a world of new possibilities. A number of new incoming features resulted from Talents tech, and we’re previewing two of them in Update 2.3: Charms & Passes.

Taunt, Dance & Emote With ‘Charms’

Charms brings new options for personalizing your reactions during matches by expanding the social pings menu. Players who acquire a Charms Pass temporarily unlock a new emote option that does three things:
  • Performs a custom taunt animation: Each hero has a unique animation players can use to express themselves, whether that’s putting the exclamation point on triple kill or celebrating a Vain crystal explosion. These animations are just a small preview of the things we can do in the future with charms.
  • Verbally taunts the enemy team with a map-wide voice line: Regardless of location, your hero will be heard across the map, reflecting their unique personalities. For some heroes, these lines have never been heard before — and we’ll be able to add more lines in future updates. Note: If you taunt multiple times rapidly, only the first taunt will be heard globally to avoid spam.
  • Emotes a kissy face: This is the first global emote that both teams will see. It appears in a speech bubble next to your hero, so if you want to blow a kiss to the enemy after performing an ultimate kill, they’ll be sure to see it.

How To Get Charms In Update 2.3:

• Get a 7-day ‘Charms Pass’ for 499 Glory in the new “Passes” section of the Market.
  • BONUS! The first Free Chest (a.k.a. Daily Chest) you open in Update 2.3 will include a 7-day Charms Pass so you can try out Charms for yourself!

The taunts being previewed in Update 2.3 are just the beginning of what’s possible with Charms. Be sure to tell us what you think, and have fun with this new mode of expression!

‘All-Access’ Pass

Play any hero for a select amount of time with a 50% boost to everything!

Boosts are being retired from the Market in Update 2.3 and replaced with the All-Access Pass, a nitro infusion of everything you could want “on” during a match, along with maximium hero flexibility and fun:
  • All heroes unlocked for the duration of the pass
  • 50% Glory boost
  • 50% account experience boost
  • 50% Sunlight boost
  • 50% Guild Fame boost
  • Charms unlocked on all heroes for the duration of the pass

How To Get The ‘All-Access’ Pass In Update 2.3:

Players can acquire and add time to their All-Access Pass in increments of 3, 7 or 30 days at a time. Here’s the breakdown:
  • All-Access for 3 days: 399 ICE
  • All-Access for 7 days: 699 ICE
  • All-Access for 30 days: 1299 ICE

Big Steps Forward

Update 2.3 is coming soon, with additional features to streamline your Vainglory experience. Keep an eye on the in-game News section for more announcements. The longer-term work on Talents continues. Be sure to read the upcoming Update 2.3 Notes for more footage and a progress update on Talents — and keep an eye out for more developer update videos covering new maps, 5v5 and more.
Be Awesome To One Another

Dash
<Community Manager>
Remarkable (38)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SkyPirateShini » March 24, 2017 8:45am | Report
When I read this, I was both excited and worried. Excited cause I would love taunts in VG! Worried because I know there would be trolls who would abuse it, but seeing how SEMC is handling it, I'm less worried now. I do kind of wish you could buy the taunts permanently though if you so choose.

SkyPirateShini
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dash » March 24, 2017 8:49am | Report
I'm happy they're going to limit the taunts (Sorta like how Blizzard does with Overwatch). But I'm sure they'll have a permanent unlock choice down the line.
Be Awesome To One Another

Dash
<Community Manager>
Remarkable (38)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » March 24, 2017 9:31am | Report
OMFG the dancing heroes are back! I remember when you could make them dance by tapping the recall button twice and it was amazing! I'm glad SEMC is bringing this back.
IGN: MaximusPrime
Region: NA
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)
Quote | PM | +Rep by TFDeathRay » March 24, 2017 4:36pm | Report
I like how SEMC limits how people can taunt so it doesn't become too trolly unlike other companies... *cough*cough* Rito

Real footage of me hiding in a bush, waiting for the 1/13/2 Celeste. Circa(2017)

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
TFDeathRay
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by LilWolfPup » March 24, 2017 7:24pm | Report
Im gonna fricken troll everyone with Fortress's dance emoji thing. He's literally peeing lol
Region: NA

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
LilWolfPup
<Editor>
Notable (16)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved