Vainglory Forums

Grumpjaw Lore: Part Two - 'Out'

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dash » February 27, 2017 8:19am | Report

Part Two - 'Out'

By Sugarvenom

“Right then,” says Frankie, “after you.”
“CAN’T.” Grumpjaw shakes his head, jingling the chains that hold his collar to the walls.

“Oh, that.” Frankie grips one of the chains, inspecting it. “Looks like carbon grade 30 – they never waste an opportunity to be cheap at this facility, do they? – and I’d guesstimate your weight at about 5000 pounds, so if you exert force at a rate of…” He draws the equation in the air with one finger, his lips moving without sound. “…per millimeter squared… carry the one and… yes. Snap them.”

With a shrug of Grumpjaw’s mighty shoulders and a swing of his thick neck, the chains snap apart and the broken links clink on the concrete floor.

“Right then,” repeats Frankie, motioning toward the heavy steel door. “After you.”

Grumpjaw backs up, dragging the broken chains along, then charges forward with a rumbly roar, crashing straight into the door and through it, bonking into the wall on the other side of the hall. Frankie strolls out of the room and jabs a thumb toward the guards standing frozen, mouths agape.

They don’t have time to scream. Grumpjaw swallows one whole, then another; their keys tickle his belly from the inside as he lumbers off after the dwarf, who whistles as he makes his way toward the warden’s office. Alarms wail and warnings blare from the loudspeakers:

ALL PRISONERS RETURN TO THEIR CELLS. A GRUMPJAW IS ON THE LOOSE. ALL PRISONERS RETURN TO THEIR CELLS.

Grumpjaw charges the door marked WARDEN. The door becomes stuck on Grumpjaw’s horns and must be wiggled off while the warden, a sharp-nosed man in a too-big suit, cowers under his desk.

“Hand over The Cube,” croons Frankie.

“COOB,” repeats Grumpjaw.

“Fine!” cries the warden as he unlocks a safe in the corner. “We couldn’t get the thing to work anyway – it’s a dud. And you’ll never get out alive. The prison is surrounded by armed guards.” He pulls out a steel box. ”I’ve given them the order to shoot this animal first!”

“He has a name,” says Frankie, snatching The Cube away from the warden.

“GRUMPJAW,” says Grumpjaw, peering at The Cube.

“That’s right, buddy. Okay, cough them up.”

With a disgusting retching sound, Grumpjaw hurks up the swallowed guards into a gasping, gooey pile. His growl discourages any heroism while Frankie pokes at The Cube, muttering under his breath until it hums. The six sides of The Cube pull apart and shoot across the room six ways, filling in between with light. Inside, a cube made of light spins, slow at first and then with increasing speed.

“OUT,” says Grumpjaw, and the guards and the warden comply, screaming as they slip and slide out of the room.

Frankie pokes at the glowing cube, directing the spin one way then the other. “6837.33 kilometers, north by northeast!” he yells as the humming grows louder. “Fifteen degrees, 182.6 days ago, the earth’s orbit was… carry the one…”

The light brightens. It hurts Grumpjaw’s eyes. He turns in nervous circles, knocking over the warden’s desk.

“Don’t worry, my friend! I’ve done the math in my head! This should take us right to the place and time when everything went wrong!”

“RONG?” whimpers Grumpjaw.

“All set!” Frankie jumps up and hangs off of Grumpjaw’s lower lip. “Gulp me down!”

Grumpjaw gulps Frankie down, careful not to chew, and the room fills with light, and the humming gets so loud that Grumpjaw’s little ears fold down, and the room spins…

…and then it is dark. The humming is gone. The warden’s office is gone too. It feels squeezy, like a very tight hug. The walls of The Cube are mirrors. There are Grumpjaws everywhere. Some of the Grumpjaws are newborn Grumpjaws, and some are young calf Grumpjaws, and some are like him but upside down, and some are very old and handsome Grumpjaws.

“GRUMPJAW?” asks all of the Grumpjaws.

And then The Cube is just a steel box again, sitting on the floor nearby. Grumpjaw is in a dark room, all alone.

ding!

A pair of elevator doors open in the center of the dark room. Calm music trills out through the speakers. Then there’s a fast rush of air and an empty elevator car crashes to the ground floor.

Something feels funny in Grumpjaw’s belly. Something wiggly.

“OH,” he says, and coughs up Frankie.

“Took your time!” coughs the dwarf, wiping a greenish splatter from his cheek.

“SORRY.”

Frankie combs the stomach goo out of his beard as he peers up through the elevator shaft at blue sparks falling down from high above. A bird screech echoes down. “I suppose I could have come a few minutes sooner.”

“CAKE?” asks Grumpjaw.

“Yes, my friend,” he says. “After I tend to a matter upstairs, there will be cake.”
Be Awesome To One Another

Dash
<Community Manager>
Remarkable (38)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » February 27, 2017 11:21am | Report
The question is not whether or not the dwarf will be in the game, the real question is actually is the cake a lie?
IGN: MaximusPrime
Region: NA
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dash » February 27, 2017 12:32pm | Report
The cake is always a lie
Be Awesome To One Another

Dash
<Community Manager>
Remarkable (38)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Hershey Lollipop » February 27, 2017 12:34pm | Report
haha!
IGN : Hershey_Lolipop
Region: USA
Main: Cathrin, Taka
Practicing: Adagio, Samuel
Skill Tier : Getting There
"In order to succeed, you must first believe that you can."
"To come out of a desperate situation and make a complete return in one sudden burst."

Hershey Lollipop
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Radiance » February 27, 2017 5:09pm | Report
Dude, this is where Alpha assassinated the remaining stormguard O_O

“That’s Amie’s bird.” Kestrel lunged back, four energy arrows forming in her right hand. Catherine ran to the stairs, her shield thrumming, as the landing zone exploded in an eruption of concrete. The machine leaped through the roof, snapped elevator cables wrapped round its blade, the elevator freefalling through the tower with Amie inside.
-From Daisy Daisy (Alpha Lore)

A pair of elevator doors open in the center of the dark room. Calm music trills out through the speakers. Then there’s a fast rush of air and an empty elevator car crashes to the ground floor.
-Out (Grumpjaw Lore)

Frankie combs the stomach goo out of his beard as he peers up through the elevator shaft at blue sparks falling down from high above. A bird screech echoes down. “I suppose I could have come a few minutes sooner.”
-Out (Grumpjaw Lore)

Hence we can infer that Ivet, The shieldbearer, and the broadswordwoman are already dead. But, Amie is not :o Does that mean that Amie could become the next hero that SMEC releases? Otherwise why specifically return Frankie and Grumpjaw just as Amie is freefalling through the elevator. She will be dead in like 5 seconds but you never know :3 And a hero with a Bird ultimate seems cool :D
Hello Everyone! I am Radiance, the Creator of 3 Essential Adagio Builds, which is the Highest rated Adagio guide on the Forums. I am also an Experienced Website Coder, and theorycraft enthusiast. I enjoy learning about the lore and story behind every game and every character. I like to find meaning in things that mean little to anyone, and uncover the secrets in Vainglory's tiniest of Details. I am a ROAM Main, and I play different genres of games, including sandbox, fps, and other MOBAS.

Radiance
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Blissey123 » March 9, 2017 3:46am | Report
Me too. I want another mage in the game. There are only like 4, counting Lyra. 3, if not. 5 if you count Vox. 4 without Lyra.
IGN: Blissey123
Hero mains: Lyra, Catherine, Koshka, Idris, Celeste, Kestrel, Flicker,Celeste
Heroes that I am good at but I don't have: Joule
Practicing: Kestrel, Celeste, Vox, Idris
Tier: Worthy Foe Silver
Best Heroes: Lyra, Catherine, Idris, Kestrel, Koshka, Vox, Celeste

Blissey123
Notable (17)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Undeadsslayer476 » March 9, 2017 4:07am | Report
guys can i have suggestions for a cp jungle grumjaw, making a guide

Undeadsslayer476

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved