Vainglory Forums

Idris Abilities & Splash Art Revealed!

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dash » December 6, 2016 7:37am | Report

Idris shifts through battle, piercing his targets with his spear and chakrams. When building weapon items he excels at assassinating vulnerable targets at close range, while crystal items allow him to dance around the fight, keeping his distance. Whether building weapon, crystal, or a combination of the two, Idris brings extraordinary damage and agility to any fight.

Read on for Idris’ abilities…

Hero Abilities

Divergent Paths-(Heroic Perk)

Idris unlocks unique powers for either his melee or ranged paths upon attaining a certain amount of weapon or crystal power.
Melee (Weapon): Idris’s Shroudstep becomes an instantaneous blink. Passively, his melee attacks restore stamina and reduce the cooldowns of his Shroudstep and Shimmer Strike abilities.
Ranged (Crystal): Idris gains ranged basic attacks, dealing crystal and weapon damage and applying on-hit effects.

Instead of energy, Idris uses stamina to activate his abilities. Purchasing items with energy and energy regeneration increases his stamina and stamina regeneration.

Shroudstep (A)

Idris dashes in the target direction, dealing amplified damage to the next target he attacks within seconds. If Idris has not taken damage within the last few seconds, Shroudstep grants a barrier. The availability of the barrier is displayed beneath his stamina meter.

Chakram (B)

Idris throws a chakram that returns to him, damaging enemies each time it passes over them. Hitting enemy heroes, miners, or kraken recovers stamina. Idris can use his Shroudstep and Shimmer Strike abilities to avoid catching returning chakrams, giving him additional opportunities to strike enemies.

Shimmer Strike (Ultimate)

Idris latches onto the target hero, becoming invulnerable, then leaps off in the chosen direction, damaging surrounding enemies. The distance Idris leaps is increased in his crystal path.
Be Awesome To One Another

Dash
<Community Manager>
Remarkable (38)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SkyPirateShini » December 6, 2016 8:33am | Report
This guy seems really cool. First time Vg has had a hero who becomes so vastly different depending on whether they've built WP or CP. I can also see someone getting some crazy stuff going with his B. Very curious to see what he can do.

SkyPirateShini
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dash » December 6, 2016 8:51am | Report
I'm still trying to figure out his design aesthetic. His abilities in concept do sound really interesting.
Be Awesome To One Another

Dash
<Community Manager>
Remarkable (38)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » December 6, 2016 9:55am | Report
So excited for this new hero, he's definitely going to be a game changer. BLG3RNT ready to make a new guide?
IGN: MaximusPrime
Region: NA
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Tazermussa » December 6, 2016 11:43am | Report
Kinda reminds me of Yasuo and Talon from League of Legends. The ult is like the old version of poppys ult. haha sorry if i compare these to LOL im a ex lol player who now plays VG. This is someone im really excited for.
IGN: Tazermussa
Mains: Kestrel, Lyra, Skaarf

Tazermussa
Quote | PM | +Rep by Kingofbooks » December 6, 2016 1:01pm | Report
I can't wait for this Hero! I think i love cp path the most!

Kingofbooks
Quote | PM | +Rep by Gamerdude75 » December 6, 2016 7:07pm | Report
WP=Assassin. CP=Sniper. Cool. Wouldn't have bought Flicker if I knew this one was coming.

Gamerdude75
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » December 6, 2016 7:49pm | Report
Flicker looks like he'll go pretty well with this hero. Also, Flicker is pretty powerful in most team comps anyway, as displayed in Vainglory Worlds.
IGN: MaximusPrime
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)
Quote | PM | +Rep by BLG3RNT » December 6, 2016 10:17pm | Report
MaximusPrime wrote:

So excited for this new hero, he's definitely going to be a game changer. BLG3RNT ready to make a new guide?

Absolutely.

I'm telling you guys (assuming these skills are well put together and not clunky like Baron for example) this is going to be the first major gameplay changer since Samuel. This is appears to be gameplay like we've never seen before in this game. I'm very curious to see if they've finally put together a character that can truly be a hybrid. Can he be both a sniper and an a melee if you hybrid build? Will he be the ultimate swing pick? And by that I mean if you draft him, how do you counter him? If you pick a counter to his melee build he can build crystal and go ranged. If you pick a counter to his range, he can go melee.

Will his paths be strong enough to compete on both paths? Meaning can he range with the top range characters, and melee with the top brawlers? Or will he be muted on both paths to make up for the fact he has such an advantage because you don't know whether or not you are fighting a melee or range character? Will he be like Baron, Kestrel, and Gwen who have different effects on their build paths but one path is clearly stronger and easier? Or will he be like SAW who is kind of a potato and extremely difficult to make work regardless of your build path?

Anyone else think his ult has a little Ozo sound to it?

The potential for greatness has me very excited. The potential for another let down has me very scared.
IGN: BLG3RNT
Coach for Nova Esports
Imma Roam Main

BLG3RNT
<Editor>
Remarkable (44)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Gladio » December 6, 2016 10:33pm | Report
Getting exited of this new hero! It is going to be a little hard for beginners that just started Vainglory. Expert players are going to easily use this hero. The play could be a little like Blackfeather since Blackfeather could also play WP=Assassin and CP=Warrior. The CP=Sniper is good and it might be a major play for people. Hopefully it doesn't let us down.

Gladio

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved