Vainglory Forums

Winners Of The Know Your Role Guide Contest

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dash » February 28, 2017 6:46am | Report

After three week of submissions and a week of judging we've nailed down our 6 grand prize winners as well as 10 lucky users who've won our giveaway portion! The guides below show tremendous amounts of time and effort put into them.

Captain Winners The Stalwart Defenders

This guide will have you howling like a wolf (sorry couldn’t help myself). But seriously LilWolfPup’s guide to Fortress is well written, nicely formatted, and most importantly chock-full of great information in order for you to protect and lead your team to victory. This guide features a full breakdown of what your team expects from the Captain role, detailed explanation of core items, abilities, and a layout on how you should ideally stalk the map like a proper wolf.

He’s durable, can control a team fight with his ult, and can bring the pain, that’s right we’re talking about Vainglory’s official father figure, Ardan. This hero is capable of pulling off some truly remarkable plays when used correctly. Luckily prodigy755 has the perfect, well-formatted guide for you. Filled with incredible detail about ability timing, map rotation, item purchases, vision and synergies. This guide will have you charging into the fray and devastating the other team in no time.

Jungler Winners Hunters of the Squishies

TFDeathRay’s guide for Idris is detailed with pretty much everything you could ever want to know about this truly unique hero along with some funny quips here and there to ensure the material isn’t stale. It should be stated that yes Idris can be played in lane but this guide points out a lot of the benefits to having Idris in the jungle (that sweet mobility) as well as choosing his melee build over his mage build. To support that claim TFDeathRay goes into a detailed list of possible combo's to use with Idris to ensure you’re using him to his full ability. On top of that there’s a list of synergies to help any wanna be desert warrior know the best match up.

Oh, Ozo the acrobatic monkey that got off to a rough start. But BlazeChron believed in this hoop slinging circus performer. You’ll learn all kinds of useful insight and tricks from this guide. There’s a section dedicated to explaining which item benefits Ozo, which situations he excels in, and which he does not, how to properly level up his skills and use his abilities. There’s also a section that matches up who Ozo works well with in a team composition.

Carry Winners Masters of the Pain Train

Allow me to direct your attention to MaximusPrime’s guide for SAW. SAW is often overlooked by many players due to his lack of mobility or his slow windup speed but what this giant gun-toting soldier lacks in movement he makes up for in sheer firepower. This makes him have arguably the highest damage potential in the game. So for those of you who want to shell out the hurt, then this is the guide for you. Featuring ability breakdowns and explanations on when SAW’s abilities come in handy and when they could be a detriment. There’s also a section that explains which items work best for SAW depending on the situation.

Do you want to dash across the map while sniping the enemy and providing some solid CC? Well then Kha0z’s guide for Vox is the choice for you. This guide is concise and to the point allowing you to get a great understanding of this mobile sniper. There’s a few different item builds laid out for you depending on enemy team composition or if you need a bit more sustainability. There’s also quick breakdown of Vox’s play style, as well as an overview of his abilities along with a few pointers on how to best maximize their effectiveness. Finally there’s a section that explains the item choices listed above giving you further depth and understanding to Vox.

Giveaway Winners Thanks for being awesome!

Congratulations to the ten winners of our giveaway!
  • Skarious
  • LegolasAckerman04
  • BossBoy
  • Jarred
  • EbbnFlo
  • NitroGeneration
  • DestinyKarma
  • Ajlemon
  • Radiance
  • Nightmare5436

How to Claim Your Prizes It's Pretty Easy, But We Need Some Info From You

• Look for our email: feedback(at)vaingloryfire.com in your inbox and reply to it with your IGN (In Game Name)
  • You'll have 1 Week (7 Days) to respond. We'll confirm with you that we've received your IGN
  • Your prizes will be delivered to you in game curtesy of our friends at SEMC
  • Enjoy your goodies!

We'd like to take a moment and thank every one who created a guide. It was incredibly difficult for us and our friends at Super Evil Megacorp to come up with the winners. We'd also like thank all of you who commented, voted and contributed to the site. Our hopes is to continue to foster a community of passionate Vainglory fans.
Be Awesome To One Another

Dash
<Community Manager>
Remarkable (38)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Jarred » February 28, 2017 7:40am | Report
Congrats to the winners =) extremely disappointed I didn't win anything, not even the consolation prizes, considering I put in way too many hours into mine to make it as detailed as possible ): sigh.

Jarred
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dash » February 28, 2017 7:59am | Report
Jarred, you're on the list for the giveaway section :)
Be Awesome To One Another

Dash
<Community Manager>
Remarkable (38)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Jarred » February 28, 2017 8:29am | Report
Oh oops didn't notice that :x haha at least that made my day a lil better, thanks I really needed that =)

Jarred
Quote | PM | +Rep by Monsterjake » February 28, 2017 9:47am | Report
Congrats to all of the winners of the contest! Great guides everyone!
IGN: Monsterjake
Region: North America
Mains: Can pretty much play anyone you give me, or can at least hold his own with them
Let's provoke a team fight!

Monsterjake
<Editor>
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by MaximusPrime » February 28, 2017 11:08am | Report
Congratulations to all of the other winners! I loved reading everyone's guides and it was incredible seeing all the diversity here. This was extremely fun and I hope there will be another contest in the future!
IGN: MaximusPrime
Region: NA
Mains: Kinetic, Malene, Ardan
"Good warriors fight hard, but great warriors fight smart" -MaximusPrime

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
MaximusPrime
Memorable (57)
Quote | PM | +Rep by DestinyKarma » February 28, 2017 11:12am | Report
Ultimate Guide to the Know Your Role Contest

• Be active in the forum
  • Keep updating guide if you have one
  • Vote and comment on guides
  • Make a quality guide showing your blood, sweat, and tears in it, not one obviously meant only for the contest

Synergy Heroes When Playing This Game/Contest
MODERATORS
  • Perfect combo because they judge the guides
  • Your only way to win a prize
  • They are all heroes to the Vainglory forum
  • Why Reim for moderators? I mean Dash's picture looks like Reim (just a bit)

Now where is my prize for the "Most Helpful Guide" category? xD

Comments
I'm so glad the guide judges (maybe only Dash?) were pretty understanding for guide writers. People who spent time and effort on their guide recently but didn't win got the giveaway prize (wrote a 6000 word-sh guide not really expecting a prize). Thanks so much!

Note: For those who made a quality guide long ago or a guide in general but didn't win, I believe that you needed to constantly make changes to your guide showing forum activity, because other giveaway winners were very active @Bossboy @Radiance and many others whose guide(s) were constantly on the top of the "Find Guides" page. I guess you reap what you sow, putting hardwork than relying on RNG, thanks so much again moderators for noticing this.

DestinyKarma
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by LilWolfPup » February 28, 2017 11:53am | Report
Wow! I didn't expect this. I knew prodigy755 would win :P
His guide was truly amazing and detailed.
Good job to everyone else as well! I have gotten better with at least 3 heroes during February, reading your guides.

I shall update my guide more, because I know 2.2 is coming out! And like always, gg!

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
LilWolfPup
<Editor>
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by DestinyKarma » February 28, 2017 12:05pm | Report
Congrats btw :D And if you didn't notice you got a dank badge there [=|:D

DestinyKarma
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by LilWolfPup » February 28, 2017 12:14pm | Report
DestinyKarma wrote:

Congrats btw :D And if you didn't notice you got a dank badge there [=|:D

DAYUM THAT LOOKS SICK

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
LilWolfPup
<Editor>
Notable (16)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved