Vainglory Forums

[SEA] LF Team Competitive Ranked

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by S373N » January 29, 2017 3:12am | Report
player for 3 years and running, SoloQ Ranked since Ranked was implemented, and I haven't really had a decent team that's been genuinely good (or active). And since 2.0 didn't implement a search function for Teams, it's never been an easy thing to just find and join one.

IGN: S373N

Rank: swivels between 5 and 6, depending on my YoloQ matchmaking luck

Can fulfill Carry, Jungle, and Captain roles.
Main mostly Kestrel, Catherine, Celeste, and Joule.
Proficient with Alpha, Gwen, Phinn, SAW, and CP Vox.

play mostly at night, around 9:30 UTC/GMT +8.

S373N
Quote | PM | +Rep by EchoArcher » February 2, 2017 11:15am | Report
If you want to be competitive you need to be able to solo rank at the POA-VG level. People in POA Gold are often good enough to 1v3 people in the POA bronze tier. As a side note you should have ranking proficiency with all heroes at the POA Gold to VG Bronze Level before trying to be competitive. I've seen ya around bud. If you ever have any questions about the current meta or solo q ranked feel free to hmu on discord. (Echo#4151)

EchoArcher
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cynesta » February 13, 2017 9:26pm | Report
EchoArcher wrote:

If you want to be competitive you need to be able to solo rank at the POA-VG level. People in POA Gold are often good enough to 1v3 people in the POA bronze tier. As a side note you should have ranking proficiency with all heroes at the POA Gold to VG Bronze Level before trying to be competitive. I've seen ya around bud. If you ever have any questions about the current meta or solo q ranked feel free to hmu on discord. (Echo#4151)

I don't think he specifically meant competitive in that sense, more like a team he can rank up with and who take it seriously.
IGN - Cynesta
Region - SEA

Queue solo est infernum

Cynesta
Quote | PM | +Rep by S373N » February 27, 2017 1:21pm | Report
@EchoArcher, I appreciate the response, but saying someone needs to be able to 1v3 in a game that heavily requires team effort is kind of pointless.

I'm not going to go on a limb and retort on what "makes someone qualified to be competitive", considering that you seem to spent way more of your life on this game than I apparently have, but don't assume that just because I never listed other heroes in my rep sheet doesn't mean I can't play them all proficiently.

Even assuming a 1v3 scenario as a requirement for qualification indicates how much people actually value team effort, but I digress. Thanks anyway.

@Cynesta, my point exactly, though considering the expectations of the first response I received, I doubt I'll find any luck on this site at all. Was well worth the attempt at least.

S373N
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheMinuteman » February 27, 2017 8:07pm | Report
I can 1v3 people at Got Swagger, but I consistently get terrible teams, which prevents me from ranking up.

TheMinuteman
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Unheroic » April 24, 2017 4:46pm | Report
I'll play with you man. Add discord Niike#9876. ign:Unheroic

Unheroic

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved