Vainglory Forums

Deserters need to be penalized brutally

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Cwallace000 » February 15, 2015 2:25pm | Report
Ik the game takes karma and puts deserters in a repeat offenders games but for the ppl who are not deserters and get game after game ruined because of deserters it's beyond unfair I just had to forfeit 4 matches in a row because of deserters this is unacceptable but what do they get oh just a loss of karma no big deal that's ******** deserters need to be penalized worse than that give the deserter a 24 hour ban and if they do it again make it a 48 hour ban and keep adding 24 hours each time they desert will that make mad you bet but who cares they wanna ruin games for other they deserve to be banned who cares if they mad they are the problem decreaseing karma is not anything putting them in a repeat offenders match lowers the problem but what about the ones who aren't to the repeat offender they need to get a 24 hour (+24h/desert) this will stop the issue
IGN: cwallace000
Lvl: 20
Wins: 219
Main character(lane): Ringo
Main character(jungle): Ardan
Alt characters(jungle): Koshka, Krul, Taka, Catherine, and Joule
Alt characters(lane): Petal
practicing: Adagio, and Glaive

Cwallace000
<Editor>
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by wyldwulf1211 » April 23, 2015 5:12pm | Report
No offense, but that seems a little harsh...and I know deserters are a big deal but a whole 24/48 hour ban seems a little overkill.

wyldwulf1211
<Editor>
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by epicttiimm » July 14, 2015 3:48am | Report
It is harsh but needs to be stricter (not as harsh as OP), recently just went down from pinnacle of awesomeness to decent-ish because people continually kept deserting in the new ranked queue. After one person deserts, its too hard to win 2v3, especially at that level when everyone is so good. End up just surrendering.

epicttiimm
Quote | PM | +Rep by HugoRune » September 3, 2015 2:55pm | Report
I feel your pain, I had 5 losses in a row the other night due to AFKers, 3 were ranked games.

What about people who just had a game crash or internet problems? They didn't quit, they just lost connection. Tbh I've been seeing worse server connections over the last two weeks generally. I'm wondering if the VG servers are having load problems.

I'd suggest applying timeout penalties after you've quit more than once in a row. Penalties like those should only apply to ranked games tho

HugoRune
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by andrew17011 » March 29, 2016 5:22pm | Report
I think that when your team has an AFK, you should be able to surrender without losing elo, but the winning side still receives it, while the person who ditched gets penalized exponentially. I say this because I know what it feels like to on the team of an AFK and know what it feels like to AFK. Most of the time I AFK because my parents tell me to stop playing. Therefore, the team with the AFK doesn't get penalized while people who keep ditching get banned.
Andrew17011
Graphic Designer
Got Swagger is BAE!!1!

andrew17011
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » March 30, 2016 7:39am | Report
But then if people are losing in a party in ranked one will just go afk and the others will surrender without losing elo, and if they thumbs up the afk then they will not feel the penalties of deserting

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings103 » April 6, 2016 9:20am | Report
But then if you are teaming with friends and losing one would go afk so they can surrender without losing elo

vikings103
Notable (5)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved