Vainglory Forums

[VGFire Site Issue] Unable to Edit/Access Guide

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by ZeroZephyr » March 31, 2017 3:16pm | Report
Hi there! Kinda distressed right now...

Summary of events:
(I've been updating a guide for the past few hours, I'm drained of full sentences, sorry about that - might be some grammar mistakes in here, I'm tired, sozry)

Earlier I was editing a Guide. "Saved" it a few times, but didn't "Publish" it. During editing, I couldn't "View" my Guide. Kept on getting this error message on Chrome:

The www.vaingloryfire.com page isn’t working

www.vaingloryfire.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

Similar error message on other browsers (also HTTP ERROR 500, INTERNAL SERVER ERROR).

The rest of the VGFire site worked as normal (including viewing other Guides). Additionally, using a browser that wasn't logged into VGFire, I was able view my Guide (pre-edits).

Didn't think much of the error message, until I accidentally powered off my laptop. After switching it back on, with my account logged into VGFire:

~ I couldn't view my Guide. Still getting the above error message^
~ When I try to edit the Guide through the Guides tab in my profile, the Guide is entirely blank (no name, no builds, no chapters).

No idea what to do, maybe the only thing that can be done now is to delete the edits I've made to the Guide? Though I'm not sure if that would solve the issue and I don't know what Administrators have the ability to do...

(Ideally, I don't want to re-edit everything I've done today / I wouldn't bother doing it again, because I was originally planning a little something for April 1st, but if it can't be recovered, I'm not too bothered - I'll just do it next year instead)

Regards,
Zero ~

ZeroZephyr
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by ZeroZephyr » March 31, 2017 3:18pm | Report
A few days later, and I still have the issue.
(Until I post here again, it's probably safe to assume that it hasn't been fixed yet)

ZeroZephyr
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dash » April 7, 2017 10:49am | Report
Zero are you still having issue with editing your guide? Also really sorry about the late response :/

*update: We rolled back your guide which you can see by clicking here. It looks like something freaked the system out hence the bug. The dev's are looking into the issue but in the meantime I'm gonna PM you with the revisions we saved for you.
Be Awesome To One Another

Dash
<Community Manager>
Remarkable (38)
Quote | PM | +Rep by ZeroZephyr » April 7, 2017 12:27pm | Report
Hey Dash,

I can view my Guide now, and the editing page is also working perfectly again. Thanks for fixing it!

ZeroZephyr
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dash » April 7, 2017 12:51pm | Report
Great! :)
Be Awesome To One Another

Dash
<Community Manager>
Remarkable (38)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved