About Skye and her Abilities Top
Skye is a very interesting hero. She is almost like a ranged assassin. Very good at taking out heroes from half health very quickly, but also having little sustain damage, especially in the crystal tree.
With the forward barrage, also being able to move freely while using it, makes Skye the ultimate kiter.
When going CP, you get a longer sustained forward barrge that also deals MASSIVE damage. One additonal thing, try to target an enemy that has target lock applied to her so you can deal greatly increased damage to that enemy.
Suri Strike also does massive when using a crystal build. Right after you use Death from Above, and the enemy is stunned then greatly slowed, use it to deal damage to hopefully the whole enemy team.
Death from above is more like a utility ability, mostly because it does not deal great damage, but, it does stun and slow your enemies. And that makes it easier for your allies to catch up to your enemies and hopeflly ace them.
One ability combo that I have found successful is: Death From Above, Forward Barrage, Suri Strike, then Forward Barrage again. That combo can be more deadly than Vox's combo if used correctly.
Please note that the times you pick up the items will vary from game to game.
What position is Skye best at? Top
She is best a jungke in my opinion because she can clear the jungle faster than most heroes with her A ability. This allows her to get to the shop and force a fight before the other team gets a chance to shop. It's often that an aggressive early game Skye can snowball hard into the late game.
Pros of CP Skye Top
- Higher burst damage with abilities which makes you able to eliminate heroes faster.
- More mobility with suri strike along with the higher damage output.
- Skye's unique abilities combine well with other heroes to devastate enemy teams.
- If you use your abilites correctly, you should not have to worry about cooldowns. After you use suri strike, your forward barrage is automatically up (if late game) and your suri strike is almost back up after use of forward barrage.
- Can easily get to the backline of a fight and put pressure on the ranged carry very quickly. This usually leads to an early kill in the fight, creating a 2v3.
Cons of CP Skye Top
- Basic attacks are very very weak. Unless you subtitute your broken myth or eve of harvest for an alternating current, you might as well not use your basics. Basic attacks in this build are only good for target locks to use abilities on them.
- Hard to have good positioning: Getting right to the carry in the backline can be hard sometimes. Mastering the suri strike is usually a difficult task. But once you master it, it is your most effective tool you have.
So...... Why Crystal Power? Top
Skye is great with CP, and actually better than WP in my opinion. All of her abilities combo really well together and can annihilate one hero before the fight has really even started. She also has relatively high CP ratios on her abilities as well, allowing her to deal lots of crystal damage to one hero.
Early Game (0:00 - 9:00) Top
In the early game, you should start out with a crystal bit. Energy is not usually a problem because the energy regen from heal/energy minions is enough to keep you at full.
- Fight when ahead: Skye is becoming a more early game hero because she gets power quickly with a 5-6 minute frostburn or shatterglass.
Start - crystal bit
You should be able to get frostburn/shatterglass by 6 minutes whether in lane or jungle.
Try to get boots and oakheart before next teamfight after frostburn to be more effective.
Mid Game (9:00 - 18:00) Top
Now you have the Frostburn, boots, and already starting to build a crucible, unless the other team has heavy WP or heavy CP. If your enemy builds armor pierce/shred or shield pierce. DO NOT BUILD ARMOR/SHIELD! YOUR ARMOR/SHIELD WILL BE PRACTICALLY USELESS. Just build health, crucible is a great item to have a reflex block and extra health.
Team Fighs and Kraken:
You now have your ultimate and hopefully 2 points in it by level 10. Keep in mind: only upgrade ultimate when you have little or no cooldown, there is no point in wasting the point when you cannot use the ultimate until your next level.
Any time you get an ace, always push the turret. It is not a good idea to get Kraken when the enemy has 4+ turrets up. You still can with 3 turrets up, but you will not be able to finish the game, which is what the kraken should do.
In team fights, you always want to use suri strike to get to the backline and eliminate the lane carry.
Last thing, if there is no kinetic shield's on the enemy team when you finish your first item, build shatterglass for your second item for maximum damage output. (directed to the nerfed suri strike in 1.14.)
End Game (18:00 - end) Top
Now, you are the most powerful hero in the game, trying to land triple stuns and slows for you and your team, as well as using your ultimate as utility as well to keep enemies in the teamfight. Here are a few tips to winning the teamfights.
- Use suri strike DURING your slow, definitely not before, and if you use suri strike too late, you may not land all of your projectiles.
- Forward Barrage is usually the ability that lasts a good amount of time and finishes off the other team. Use it after your suri strike to complete the combo.
Items: Full Build
Counter defense item: metal jacket or aegis. (crucible if they buy armor pierce/shred or shield pierce)
Tier 3 boots
Build Path and About Each Item Top
Every item in this build has a purpose. So lets get to the explanation.
Frostburn has a great slow that can make it easier for your teammates to catch up to the enemy team. Depending on how much crystal power you get, the slow gets stronger and stronger. Using forward barrage will allow you to stick to the enemy target and will make it easier for you to get a kill
Slows target for 1.5 seconds. Slows enemy target(s) by 20% + 1% per every 10 CP. So this item alone already guarentees a 30% slow. Max 40%.
Broken Myth pierces through some of your targets shield. ALSO INCLUDES BASE STATS! Just because someone hasn't bought any shield against you, you still deal extra damage. Speaking of extra damage, Broken Myth is also a damage amplifier. This stat is by seconds in combat up to a maximum. More info below.
Broken Myth Stats:
Amplifies all crystal damage by 8% for each second in combat. Max 3 stacks.
10% shield pierce. 70 crystal power
Amplifies all of your items which can give you more than just the 150 crystal power the item gives you.
150 crystal power, grants extra lifesteal with eve of harvest. Extra crystal power amplification with broken myth. Grants a more powerful slow with frostburn.
Defense is critical with any hero, but with Skye, she has such good mobility that defense doesn't need to be a huge priority in the early - midgame, unless you just get bursted down. Then it is time for you to get that crucible.
Crucible: Great against stuns and saving yourself before you would be about to die. Also great against initiations.
Fountain of Renewal: Grants shield and health, as well as regens some of you and your teams health when activated.
Atlas Pauldron: Grants heavy armor against basic attacks. Slows enemy's attack speed if they get hit by this item when activated.
Metal Jacket: Grants heavy armor against basic attacks. Great against teams with 2 WP carries.
For building defense, build what YOU think is best, metal jacket and aegis is usually better than crucible! I used crucible in the build as a general defense item.
A few reminders Top
1. Use Skye's mobility to your advantage! She can move around the battlefield quickly and can put the enemies out of position.
2. Skye's crystal ratios on her abilities give her abilites a HUGE boost, so use it to your advantage.
3. Skye pretty much is useless until she gets her second max item in ANY build. So don't worry if you don't do well until about Kraken spawn, that is usually just about when you get 2-3 kills a teamfight and you come back in the game.
4. Lastly, DO NOT PANIC! Her mobility can put her out of position, or her enemies out of position. It took me about 3 games to get used to her complex abilites, so don't get frustrated if you fail her suri strike at least 20-30 times.
A few misconceptions Top
"With the new change on target lock, it doesn't matter if you apply it or not."
It is still more effective to have target lock on the enemy you forward barrage. It still does extra damage!
"Building a Broken Myth first is better than straight up damage."
Building straight up damage before the broken myth give you damage in the early game before you build the broken myth. Building broken myth first just allows you to pierce shield. You don't get much damage with the item, it's better to have a heavy prism, an eclipse prism, and a piercing shard before going into a Shatterglass or a frostburn.
Common Questions Top
"Which one should I build first? Frostburn or Shatterglass?"
Personal preference. I tend to go shatterglass more often because it's slightly more gold efficient damage wise, even though frostburn gives you a slow. I feel comfortable enough to build a shatterglass and not have to worry about sticking to people. Beginner Skye players may be better off with a frostburn, but again, it's all preference.
"Should I max the A skill first or the B skill first? I've seen both used in competitive play."
Maxing your B skill first only give you an automatic forward barrage that's only level 2 at level 8. So... With a level 2 forward barrage at level 8, where is all of your Crystal damage coming from. Suri strike doesn't have much! I recommend the A skill for maximum damage.
1.19 Changes Top
Skye received a bit of a nerf on the forward barrage, although this is nearly unnoticeable, I felt like we needed to add more damage. So, I have the first item being a Shatterglass vs. having the option of Shatterglass or frostburn.
Additionally, I have noticed in higher tiers that she needs a good amount of defense to survive, therefore, we have two defense items vs. one.
Broken Myth is now second item, Eve of Harvest is third.
Thank You! Top
Thank you for reading this Skye guide. I hope you enjoyed and will become a better Skye player.
If you have any questions, add me on line: playloverclash . (Yes, I was obsessed with clash)
Hope to see you all in the Halcyon Fold :)
Also, thanks to everyone for helping me reach 250k views, it means so much and I hope this guide keeps thriving!
Please give requests for what other heroes you would like guides for in the comment section.
Check out my new WP Skye guide!