Build: Pfff... who needs boots?!
First Shop (considering aggresive play)
|Hey Guys, this is another guide of ours where I would like to bring you a special
Glaive build of mine to you. This build is especially made for quick games with very aggresive playstyle (which perfectly fits mine) in the jungle. I do not recommend using this build against tanky heroes like
Reim, because it is 100% burst and it is hard to take out tanky heroes with this build. So lets get started!
|My goal for this build is to optimize the burst as much as possible and therefore there is no need of boots. The main mechanic should be punting enemies onto a wall in range and get all burst out to kill the target within 1 or 2 seconds.
There is no need for chasing enemies, thats why i decided to invest all money into pure damage (300 gold for Sprint Boots = another Weapon Blade) until midgame, where mobility on the map is too important to skip it. But this build is made for early game burst and snowballing anyway, so the perfect game should end arround minute 15 with a last kraken push to close it off.
The best supporter for this kind of Glaive is Ardan, because he has three functions for you:
1. To provide you with extra movement speed, which is your replacement to the missing boots.
2. His little burst damage from his Blood for Blood. I recommend to upgrade his Blood for Blood ability in this composition as well, to just burst down your enemies even faster.
3. And the last function is just to have Ardan as deny pick, because Ardan is such a great counter to this bursty Glaive. He can protect his allies so well with his Vainguard ability and the movement boost gets your target out of your burst range.
|As already mentioned, the perfect burst should look like this:
- Use your Afterburn to kick enemies exactly beside you, to a wall within melee range to stun them for a short time. Now you have to be fast and shouldn't do any mistake!
- Get a quick auto attack, Swift Shooter helps you to get the perfect attack cooldowns. Then immediatly use your Twisted Stroke ability and get another auto attack on your target.
- If this is not enough, finish your prey with a Bloodsong to close it off. Make sure you are in range and have enough stacks on it!
|Never skip a fight if you are able to fight!
Glaive has such a high damage and base health in the early game, thats why he is one of the strongest level 1-2 heroes on the Halcyon Fold.
In the first jungle round, try to skip the shop creeps and immediatly rotate to the enemy jungle to prevent them from shopping. Try to kill them or at least scare them off and if you have the opportunity to steal farm.. do it! Just watch out for the enemy laner rotation which could be dangerous, but else you are totally fine in a 2 vs 2 situation.
Get your Tension Bow as fast as you can and keep building more damage or crit. I do recommend buying one Swift Shooter for nice attack cooldowns combined with the Twisted Stroke and an early Minion's Foot for nice burst in the next fight. After you bought a Minion's Foot your very first attack on an enemy hero will crit! So the next fight is going to be yours!
Also, do not forget to gank enemy laner if the circumstances allows it. Especially aggressive laners should get punished by your Afterburn, but even just showing up on lane sometimes, will scare them off!
- Do not miss too much farm while playing aggresive!
- Get farm, get kills and then get objectives! Don't waste too much time staying in a bush waiting for ganks/kills opportunities!
- More gold means more burst!
|Until Mid Game boots get more and more impotant. It gets harder to play without them, but you need more burst and most likely need the item slot for more damage...
When you finished your Sorrowblade or Tyrant's Monocle, you should decide whether you need tier 1 boots Sprint Boots now or more damage is fine.
The only defense item you should consider building is a Reflex Block, but only if you really need it.
Remember that you are very squishy without defensive items, so the best way to play this Glaive is getting pickoffs in the jungle and avoiding big teamfights to make the enemies always have a 3 vs 2 situation, which they dont want to fight in.
Push turrets if you successfully ganked the laner or get the goldmine fast if one enemy is dead. Also always get minion mines if possible to push as hard as you can!
|Try to end the game before your enemies are too tanky to burst down.
The advantage of bursty Glaive is his high base damage and health, so he can fully concentrate on damage only. Enemies won't build much defense until the late game. Normally every player concentrates on a tier 3 damage item first before buying tier 3 defense item. Use that knowledge wisely, play aggressive, get kills and prevent them from farming and building up.
If you did all right, there will be no late game. Games should end arround minute 15, else you may have a hard time pushing the last turrets. If you are in such situation you will still have to try everything to kill one of the two enemy carry's as fast as possible to force a 3 vs 2 situation!