Vainglory Forums

1.14 Breaking Point & Krul

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by NoxTenebra » February 1, 2016 2:16pm | Report
I just saw that Breaking Point gets changed in the new update so that stacks are now gained when you deal 125 weapon damage, for the next stacks always 5 weapon damage more and that the stacks are capped at. So my question is, how do you think will this affect Krul builds with BP, Boots, Shiversteel and rest defense? Do you think it is enough to have BP and Heavy Steel until Lategame and then contantly buying Weapon Infusions? I'm interested to hear your future strategies with Krul :)
InGame-Name: NoxTenebra
Region: EU
Wins: 300+
Highest Rank Achieved: Pretty Good Bronze
Main Laners: WP Glaive, CP Skye, CP Adagio, WP Adagio,
Main Junglers: WP/Tank Krul, WP Glaive, CP Skye
Main Supporters: Tank/Clockwork Glaive, Tank/Shatterglass Adagio

NoxTenebra
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » February 1, 2016 4:17pm | Report
I think I will get Shiversteel first, then Blazing Salvo.
Next I'll get shield and armor.
then I rush Sorrow blade.
Finally, the Breaking Point.
I get boots somewhere during this path.

So I'll have:
shiversteel, aegis, metal jacket, journey boots, sorrow blade, and breaking point.

I'm not sure if this build would work in the next update because it's kinda expensive and I haven't tried it out yet.

But I have heard of people doing sorrow blade krul in update 1.13, so maybe it will be more popular in the next update.
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Halcius » February 1, 2016 5:30pm | Report
If the stacks are based on doing WP damage then that item is going to be one of the worst items for Krul.
His only ability that gives WP scaling is DMR.
The change is interesting as it means that abilities like Forward Barrage will now grant stacks.

Halcius
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » February 1, 2016 10:48pm | Report
I reckon Krul will need a Bonesaw even for the natural armour heroes have, it will prevent him from gaining stacks without it plus the attack speed will be nice and if they do build armour you shall shred it. so I would get Shiversteel first as usual with some small attack speed then upgrade to double blazing and defence evantually upgrading to breaking point and then Bonesaw with defence.

Although I don't know whether Krul will be the best choice after this upgrade but I surely know that my new main will be Rona with breaking point considering that insane ultimate damage. It might be noted though invades are much much riskier so Krul could be safer early game if you know how to redirect you minions to your side putting Argo on your invaders.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by NoxTenebra » February 2, 2016 2:40am | Report
Great idea, I actually haven't thought about Bonesaw yet. I think Krul will be a lot weaker than now, becauss the jungle camps will be much stronger but the only thing Krul can do in early game is farming because he is so weak...
According to uncrudable, what do you think about CP Rona for the burst but having a BP in the build, because red mist is far enough to stack up?
InGame-Name: NoxTenebra
Region: EU
Wins: 300+
Highest Rank Achieved: Pretty Good Bronze
Main Laners: WP Glaive, CP Skye, CP Adagio, WP Adagio,
Main Junglers: WP/Tank Krul, WP Glaive, CP Skye
Main Supporters: Tank/Clockwork Glaive, Tank/Shatterglass Adagio

NoxTenebra
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by XxReDeadxX » February 2, 2016 4:03am | Report
I've been thinking about the exact same thing, since I main krul. I'm not too worried about the attack nerf per stack since they're anyways providing an extra base 30 wp, I'm more irritated that they removed the crit damage and ratio increase per stack, which was huge and made all the difference in long battles. I'm thinking I should replace shiversteel with a tyrants monocle which would somewhat makeup for it(you have boots for chases anyway, and if you build one aftershock/chronograph you should be able to easily catch up with from hells heart if dead man's rush is on cooldown). As for the base 125 damage before bp stacks, I'm not too worried because I use dead man's rush as an initiator after shadows empower me, and the damage of that counts as weapon damage, so basically that should trigger bp stacks, don't even get me started on the damage it does on overdrive. So yeah, I'll be doing (not in specific order)
Bp/tornado/tyrant
Aegis or metal jacket (or atlas)
Clockwork or aftershock(for rapid cooldown to go with fast atk speed)
Journey boots for chases
Currently playing - Vainglory
In-game name - XxReDead
Maining Lane - WP Ringo
Maining Jungle - WP Krul
Trying out - CP Skaarf, SM&WP Rona

XxReDeadxX
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bunzaga » February 18, 2016 12:20am | Report
I've taken breaking point out of my options for krull. Sorrowblade, Tension Bow, or even Bonesaw would help more at this point. The problem with breaking point, is that now you have to live and be in battle long enough to actually have it be effective. It doesn't help vs jungle, and by end game, its usually 3v3, so fights are over within a few seconds.

How many stacks can you get of breaking point in the time it takes to wipe the other team? It just doesn't see worth it anymore.

This change kind of breaks breaking point for most heroes.

The only time breaking point really shines if you build a bit more tanky, so you can actually stand in the fight and take a few hits for several seconds. Once the stacks finally kick in, your a tanky beast, but it's waiting for the ramping up which ends up killing you.

Bunzaga
Quote | PM | +Rep by BigJack » February 18, 2016 1:42am | Report
For krul this biuld works: serpent mask, bp, tornado trigger, shiversteel, boots and aegis or metal jacket.Try it

BigJack

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved