Vainglory Forums

Advancing skill tiers impossible @ low levels

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Anmiath » July 20, 2015 4:46pm | Report
I can't seem to get from skill tier 3 to 4. The only thing that happens is I get pushed back to tier 2 / 3 for a few days and it sucks. I've concluded that it's because quite a few people in these two tiers can't play the game right....

-Tier 2 and 3 players always seem to AFK: Happens every game, if not on my team, on the other team. I literally played a game yesterday where 2 heroes from the other team AFK'd (the game isn't fun like this)

-Tier 2 and 3 players lock in heroes too fast without thinking which characters would make a good combo. I literally won a game today because on the other team Krul, Taka, and Koshka were all in the jungle...

-Tier 2 and 3 players don't listen to the tiny pings of communication that do exist. Apparently 2 of your teammates dying and doing the danger sign in an area is a single for you to go there -_-

-Tier 2 and 3 players always want to surrender the game as soon as the opposite team ACE's or unleashes Kraken. This pisses me off since it always happens...ALWAYS

-Tier 2 and 3 players play with hereos they've never played with before and it's obvious. Please do casual matches and not ranked if you've never used a hereo before. I have played numerous games with Krul on my team, who seems to die instantly...WTF

I can't understand why I'm still in this tier...I don't feel like I should be, but it also feels like there's no way to advance from it.

tl;dr being in low tiers suck.

Anmiath
Quote | PM | +Rep by Makio » July 20, 2015 5:58pm | Report
Look, I get that it's frustrating, but to be honest, the skill tier system will, without a doubt, move you up if you deserve to be moved up. Perhaps you just aren't improving? I find it exceptionally easy to progress through lower tiers when I sink from losing streaks, but always find myself staying in the same tier range for long periods of time. It's because I belong at that particular tier at my level of skill. Just keep working at it, and play in parties of people you trust often.

Hotness :,)

if I spent the hours I've played this game on bettering the world, we'd be a utopia

Makio
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Anmiath » July 20, 2015 6:27pm | Report
That's the thing-- my friend started playing before me and are at higher ranks, so I don't play in parties, just with random strangers.

Anmiath
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » July 20, 2015 7:38pm | Report
What may help you is to play a character that can carry and dominate even with a bad team. I have a couple of accounts, and I got through the lower tiers using Krul. Heroes like Taka, Ringo and Krul can almost single handedly win games since newer players may not know how to properly counter build, or aren't skilled enough to play as a team. Some of the other heroes can be too dependent on your teammates to be really effective on a poor team.
[*] IGN - FederalMafia (NA)

"When I'm in command, every mission is a suicide mission."

FederalMafia
Notable (7)
Quote | PM | +Rep by nporaMep » July 20, 2015 8:41pm | Report
FederalMafia is right, though Koshka is also one of the characters who can dominate solo :) Not worse than Krul, but Ringo/Taka are easier.

nporaMep
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Droclivity » July 20, 2015 9:32pm | Report
+1 to Koshka. I was laning Adagio the other day and more than holding my own against double laners so I figured we'd win handily. Nope. Their jungle Koshka dominated my teamates and eventually snowballed so hard there was nothing I could do.

I'm crawling up the ranks myself and trying to decide which carry to invest in. Right now I'm leaning towards Taka but there seems to be a good case for a few heroes.

Droclivity
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » July 31, 2015 9:01am | Report
No it's not lmfao. If I made a smurf right now I could get into tier 5 within 24 hours. Once you get good enough, you can carry your team and it doesn't matter how sh*t they are. Hell, if you get good enough you can have your whole team afk and still win. It comes down to skill level at the lower tiers, not your teammates because I know you think that you have to be lucky to get to higher tiers, but that is just not he case. If it were the case nobody would be able to get vainglorious.
I never play scaarf but I have him as my avatar to mess with people.
I am a young pizza cat, even though I hate koshka.
IGN: Yangusbeef
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Ettercap » August 1, 2015 5:21am | Report
That's why you: casual queue, meet above average players, friend them, then when you have the opportunity, party play with them in ranked.

That's the source code m8
Mein: Glaive
Alts: Taka & Ringo & Ardan.
Skill level: whichever one I'm stuck in :(

Ettercap
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheManTheMythTheLegend » August 16, 2015 9:18pm | Report
Sorry bro, but tier 2 and 3 players are plain bad. I recently made an alternate account and I was able to climb up to the hotness in a few days. Like others have said, if you play as a good carry, as Glaive, you can singlehandedly defeat their entire team. The ranked system works very well and fairly displays your skill level.
IGN - KillerInstincts
Skill Tier - Simply Amazing Gold *Before Compression :(*
Main - Skaarf, Joule, Catherine
Alts - Glaive, Taka
"You can't get got; you gotta go get. If you get got you can't go get, but if you go get its hard to get got."

TheManTheMythTheLegend
Notable (9)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » August 17, 2015 10:23am | Report
Listen myth. Lower tiers are garbage. I once win 1v3 as galaive after my whole team afk...
I never play scaarf but I have him as my avatar to mess with people.
I am a young pizza cat, even though I hate koshka.
IGN: Yangusbeef
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved