Vainglory Forums

Best guide for ranking

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by x0xXx0x » June 13, 2017 8:58am | Report
Allright so first of all if you are not dedicated towards ranking up and filling yourself with knowledge and you are either one of the nerds that focus on sentencing or something else don't bother reading and don't bother commenting, I don't care about your off-topic comments and believe me none does)!

Allright so let's get started! fist I'll introduce myself...
My experience with vainglory is somewhere like 1 year or so...and with some other mobas a few years but quited playing them long ago!

I started this game testing it and see if it's worth the shot...at first it felt it lacked but then I got interested more and more.
Like everyone in here I wanted to reach a higher rank but it was not easy. First I stumbled at worthy foe gold for like 1 month then I deleted the game...I was not playing really serious back then leaving some matches and other stuff! Once I got back in the game I wanted to be at least got swagger to feel I'm at least average...but man it felt hard to rank up! I remember winning one loosing one constantly and sometimes going to rock solid and so on and so forth. I remember I playd a game against some got swaggers back then and one of them I remember his name even now...I was like "how the fu ck could I ever win against these guys?" Credible threath to achieve was a dream...hotness really high and simply amazing poa and stuff like that I just thought I'm not meant to play that nice ever! But I really wanted to rank up...and I wanted it a lot!
So I created a new account because I wanted to give my best and maybe I'll be at least credible threath without leaving and serious gameplay! And I started my first games using taka...very succesfully! I was counting wins over loses because I thought that's what gives ya the rank! I was doing like 36-8 at best I remember...kept going reached credible threath with dedication and I peaked at credible threath gold finding almost impossible to rank up to hotness! I was thinking...if I ever get to hotness it's very nice because it is a high rank with draft and stuff like that!
After som teaming up with some people that I argued later I finnaly reached hotness gold! Then I have a fight with the teammate over a stupid thing ... and we started playing solo...I kept going to sa silver and then decreased back to hotness, we had a competition between us...he added me one match and told me that I'm a noob and that I'll never get above simply amazing and he was critiquing my gameplay! And I sayd you know what fu ck it I won't say anything I'll get higher ranks and then I'll add this sh it and let him see! I got to poa wich he never got too...since he peaked at sa gold in the past and then I re-add him...probably he felt like sh it because he went inactive from that point! As for me I started to understand more about the game...I understood that dedication hard work and the ability to understand that match is within your hands is the root of succes ranking...every match I would perfect my gameplay how I moved when I engaged my builds I focused on what heroes I playd best and stuff! I kept moving from poa bronze to sa bronze...then I teamed up with some guys I told them what to play and how to play and went to poa silver then a few days later to poa gold...meanwhile these guys got vainglorious and started ditching me...because I was only poa gold you know! And I deleted all friendliest and I sayd...if I'll ever get to vainglorious I'll get solo or I never want to reach vg and I went soloq for the first time vainglorious using fortress my main jungle cp! Once I was vainglorious I felt a bit lucky a bit unvainglorious...because I could not play all heroes at that level...so I sayd, fu ck this I'll troll to sa bronze and see if I get back up here using one of the worst picks...krul support! And I did it...in a few days also! Then once vg I felt like a noob again like well I didn't get up here using all heroes or random heroes so I don't feel like a true vg...so I decreased again to sa semi purposely and then started to play using all kinds of heroes and I made it again and stood there since then. As for the "teammates" that ditched m once they were vg now one of them is poa silver...and he used to tell me that I'll be forever poa and the other one is still vg and one trick noob! They don't play together anymore also and meanwhile I had 2 matches against them when I destroyed them totally in both!
Allright...enough with the story telling! Now with the gameplay knowledge!

All you find on internet is trash! Forget about it...everyone knows what a rotation is what a nice build is how to farm and stuff like that but one is got swagger and one is poa so how? Because if you want to be higher rank you need to know some stuff that none will tell ya...until at least now!

One of the most important things nobody tells ya about the game is speed...speed of execution...speed in decision making! 2 seconds lost make the different between a lost match and a win! So when you signed up for ranked make sure you are focused and alert because speed matters!

Another very important thing is the psychological impact...there are players there that know very much about the game yet they fail because they are soft! In vainglory you must dominate your enemies, show no respect, invade them early, pwn them in the most unusual positions! Move unusual ingame and move fast...if your enemies feel that you are a noob or a guy that doesn't know what he is doing or if they red your style of gameplay you are done! It's all about making sure they understand you are about to stomp them and own the match! Do whatever it takes so they understand that!

Picking your roles: picking your role is very important as long as you are stubborn in sticking to one of the roles...otherwise it won't matter! People say captain is shield and needs to act defensively, jungler neeeds farm and feed on enemies and carry needs to be careful early! False...in fact a carry needs to be playd like it's a captain! Lead your team...initiate first if you can...and make nice use in ganks of your dmg and the ability to erase a certain target, a support needs to be playd like a jungler, you are the one setting the ambushes in fact and the jungler must be playd like a carry...because if your jungler gets out drafted it's very nasty...junglers owns most mechanics of the game so they change the game mechanics the most! Jungler pick is most important pick of them all!

Once you are inloved with either of the roles if you go jungler...it is a must to act bullishly towards the enemies otherwise gtfo of the jungle...and switch to other role! If you pick carry you must have patience as a person otherwise...gtfo of the lane...and if you pick support you must be the smartest guy in the team...the one that sees how situation will develop...worst thing to have in team is a dumb captain or a shy jungler! These things will get you stomped!

Understand that all heroes are equal but they are in different shape and form...it does not matter what some pro player plays best it matters what you can play best! Some people demolish others using koshka and other feed on koshka...both build the same sh it! It's all about the hero fitting your style of gameplay! See what fits ya...some of the time you won't like what fits ya...at first!

Never say...hm I had not nice teammates! I see a lot of credible threath what say...but man my allies are pure noobs and I did nice! Look! I'm vainglorious if I get to credible threath skill tier I win the match all by myself...so it's not really about teammates...improve yourself! Somethimes you are not meant to rank up above a certain point because you are not ready yet...have patience and improve your gameplay! I've decreased countless times like 1-2 skill tiers in a few days...and then I bounced back up and more like allways!

Soloq is best! And I tell ya why...in soloq you expect all...trolls the teammates to feed the enemies to stomp you and so on...and you tend to play much better than you would in a relaxaed position having your well known teammates with ya! From my experience the ones acting as a team in ranked some of the stagnate a lot...when you are solo you don't have a choice but to get better...when teaming you have many other choices like swapping the team, like arguing with teammates, like saying it's all about others when in fact it's all about yourself not others, even if it is a team based game!

Everything in this game matters...a level advantage, a creep in plus, a 300 gold item anything changes dramatically the game! Understand this and be aware of it...people think if they dive and keep killing enemies they will surely win and some of them heavily fail and get stomped late by people that have 3-8 for example minute 20!

Most important whatever your skill tier will end up being...allways understund you still have a lot to learn! and to tell ya people the truth...most of you are still low tiers because you didn't truly want to rank up! Like never! Or you never was able or really wanted to put the work in order to rank up...the only requirement to rank up is wanting truly to rank up! The rest will come naturally...stop *****iing like stupid kids because some of you aren't kids and start grinding and working on your ranking skill tiers! After all you lose a lot of time with this game anyways...
Favorite heroes: Fortress, Krul Support, Rona Support, Taka support

Favorite Skin: All Fortress Skins

Skill Tier: Vainglorious

x0xXx0x
Notable (3)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved