Vainglory Forums

Hero balancing discussion

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Magnus0 » May 9, 2015 12:59pm | Report
Which heroes need to be nerfed or deserve a buff in your opinion? Please share your opinion. I think Skaarf and Krul should be nerfed. Petal deserves a buff in my opinion.

Skaarf's already OP heroic perk go buffed in the recent update. On top of that, spitfire's cooldown got decreased by a lot, so he can spam it very often. Skaarf is absolutely deadly in the early game, he can freely invade the enemy jungle when the game starts and he can easily harass enemy laners with spitfire. Skaarf's ultimate got nerfed, but it still completely destroys everything. I think fan of the flames should be nerfed again because it is way to OP now. Skaarf's ult should have a longer cooldown imo.

Krul already has his own topic for balancing discussions so I won't cover him.

Then Petal. Petal is very squishy and doesn't deal a lot of damage(when her munions are dead). She is mainly an easy to use character to use in the lower tiers so you can get used to the game. In the higher tiers however, she is easily dealt with because of her squishyness and because how easy it is to defeat her munions. Petal needs more health and maybe some more armor/shield. It would be cool that if you build armor or shield, Petal's pets also gain a bit of armor/shield. Petel's pets should have a better crystal scaling so she can deal more damage.

So, this is what I think of from the top of my head. Please share your opinion.

Magnus0
Notable (5)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » May 9, 2015 2:25pm | Report
The balancing is somewhat complicated...
Before the updates, Krul & skaarf were underpowered & only used every so often, & petal was way too overpowered. To nerf or buff them would send them back to their original, still unbalanced positions.

Personally I'm fine where they're at. I'm still seeing effective petal players that use breaking point and sorrow blade. She definitely isn't on the same level as ringo like she used to be, but I'm fine where she is at.

Krul & skaarf can still be shut down fairly easily. As a regular Krul player in SA, I can say that he's not doing too bad; he still has his weaknesses. Skaarf is tricky to judge because the update just came out & I never play him. I wouldn't mind a small nerf on him, mainly on his ultimate. His perk & first two abilities seem to suit him quite well.

So overall, I can't complain. I wouldn't mind seeing an adagio buff, as adagio often goes pretty unused or useless. Also, certain team types (mainly ringo, koshka, Ardan) seem to be OP; the individual characters are fine, but the team as a whole is exceptionally well coordinated. But overall, I'm content; serious buffs or nerfs would send certain characters in bad directions.
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by nporaMep » May 9, 2015 3:14pm | Report
They need to add more heroes. All MOBAs are never balanced. These type of games are "self balanced" by what's called meta, and counter-picks etc.
In all MOBAs there are 150 heroes and 100 of them are under balanced, though still are fun for low tiers and also options to buff and bring them back to meta at any moment.

nporaMep
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved