Vainglory Forums

If I don't want to surrender don't ping me to death

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by drsarf » January 12, 2015 1:25pm | Report
Pings are great, but why do some people think it's OK to spend the rest of the patch "avoid pinging" the single player that wants to fight on? It's meant to be a 3 way agreement. This has just happened with 3 turrets per team still remaining.

Two players wanting to surrender and after declining just pinging me constantly and not really fighting. Very annoying. Unfortunately currently you're unable to see which of the two players is doing all the pinging. Perhaps there should be a ping block for offenders?

Your thoughts?

drsarf
Quote | PM | +Rep by aadams » January 12, 2015 9:05pm | Report
Well, to play devils advocate here ( (I know not your situation here, and I've been in your shoes before too), when you have the strongest build at the time, and everyones getting ganked left and right 3v3, and you're turrets are dropping one after another, then sometimes it does make sense to save the extra 10 or so minutes and just call it a match.

Further along these lines, if you see something they don't, like you just got a item you know can turn the game around, or maybe you think the other team makes a lot of mistakes, or maybe they don't really play like a team, or maybe they're getting reckless, or whatever -- then I totally understand where you're coming from.

In your case though, calling it a match with no turrets down (at 15 min), and spam pining you to boot, is just silly.

I've often thought we should know who's doing the pointing (like with OMW)... also, I think there should be other things like, "H" for hide here, or "G" for guard here, or even encouragement like "GJ" for good job... but I'm sure they're being judicious with the screen real-estate.

aadams
Quote | PM | +Rep by wolf_hands » January 13, 2015 8:05am | Report
Totally agree with @aadams, seeing the name of who is pinging, such as how 'OMW' does it, would be nice. It might even deter some players from 'AVOID' pinging others repeatedly because you would no longer be anonymous.

More communication is really key in higher tier matches, some people just work well together without tons of communication, most don't. I would love more communication options, such as a 'GOOD JOB' as a thumbs up, and the idea of 'LET'S HIDE' is fantastic. To help save screen real estate we could be given the option to switch out our pings, keeping only 3 active per match. I know the 'AVOID' ping now has a negative connotation for me to where I'll try to communicate 'AVOID' in other ways so as not to make my teammates think I'm pinging them.
IGN: wolf_hands
NA Regional Community Manager for SEMC
I'm on Twitter and Twitch too!

wolf_hands
<SEMC Staff>
Remarkable (22)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Korlithiel » January 14, 2015 1:43pm | Report
My thoughts are that it should be a two-person agreement. Once two (or if there is an AFK, one) player wishes to concede it should only require two votes of majority to end it.

This makes the best of a bad situation, where at least two out of three players are no longer interested in playing for one reason or another, such as when one player must leave (such as battery power). These cases are clearly fairly common, and I would argue even inherent to mobile as a platform.

As for spamming the avoid, I've come to feel that anytime a player uses a communication command too often it should auto-mute them (and they should be warned). It can (like needing to spam concede) be worse than an AFK.

Korlithiel
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved