Vainglory Forums

Keyboard and mouse on vainglory

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by sangarudin » September 26, 2017 6:07am | Report
Alright guys. I'm sure we're all already knew that VG now supports keyboard and mouse since last update. Has anybody here tried that feature? What do you think?

Recently i tried playing vg with keyboard and mouse, and here's what i think...

Pros:
- Quicker execution of skills and items
- Might be more friendly for certain type of players, especially from pc moba

Cons:
- potentially drains the battery faster
- while using otg to connect w/ keyboard/mouse, can't be played while charging or low battery
- the cursor is rather difficult to track thrughout the game
- inability to stutterstep
- imposible to execute long distance skillshot (1shot1kill, solar storm, ion canon)
- needs extra cash to purchase the necessary devices :)

my opinion, this feature is good, but still need plenty of improvements. So here is my suggestion
- the cursor should be made more distinct with background for easier track. It should be interactive too, like the shape changes into a target when hovering over enemy
- the keyboard and mouse control should be improved to allow distant skillshot. Like, using the arrow keys to navigate the entire map, pressing "shift" will return the screen to hero, holding "shift" while moving will lock the cursor at the center of the screen and move the screen across the map instead, etc.

What do you guys think?

sangarudin
Quote | PM | +Rep by Crazedjellyfish » September 26, 2017 1:50pm | Report
I honestly think that it was a pretty bad idea to implement this.

Vainglory was so dynamic because of being able to stutterstep and move so easily. The devs had literally called it "The MOBA perfected for touch", and this pretty much removes one of the major things Vainglory had going.

To be honest I think the devs are trying to follow in the footsteps of other PC MOBAS like League. First 5v5, now keyboard and mouse support; next thing you know they're going to add 1 more ability for each hero. Vainglory started out as a unique game with a lot of potential, but now the devs are really taking out all of the unique aspects of this game.

Crazedjellyfish
Notable (7)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved