Vainglory Forums

Please explain weapon vs crystal

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by xxxSHADOWxxx » September 11, 2015 10:43pm | Report
Is there some where I can go to really really understand weapons/crystal.
I've played a ton of games and basically understand to strengthen basic attacks get weapons. To strengthen Abilities get crystal.
So if I go all crystal does my characters basic attacks never strengthen at all? So if I go crystal, taka would be worthless when my Abilities aren't ready? Seems like all characters but support would benefit from being weapon and crystal and not just one. Or all weapon if I had to choose one.

I noticed in a practice with skyy that I got a serpent mask. Everytime I use my first special that shoots a machine gun I get life. Why do I get life if I got serpent mask but used an ability. I would assume that I would have to kill minions with a basic attack to get life steal from SM.

I guess I just need weapons/crystal explained to its full. Or a guide I can read.

xxxSHADOWxxx
Quote | PM | +Rep by SexyMonkeyKing » September 12, 2015 12:07pm | Report
http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/guide/complete-guide-to-vainglorys-hidden-stats-and-calculations-by-an-engineer-4311

Here is a guide.
IGN: SexyMonkeyKing
Region: NA
Main: Usually any Support
Great Karma
Karma Lvl: 20

SexyMonkeyKing
Notable (12)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Halcius » September 12, 2015 12:13pm | Report
The Lifesteal from SM gives you Lifesteal from WP damage. Skye's A ability does scale WP, less than CP but still significant.

First and foremost CP is most valuable on heroes that have abilities that scale with CP.
There are Heroes who's basic attack benefits from CP. Vox, Celeste, & Skaarf come mind. For those Heroes you can easily take an Alternating Current and get some good damage out of them. AC will give any Hero with heavy investment into CP items some kick to their auto.

Halcius
Notable (8)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SpiderPig » September 22, 2015 10:40am | Report
Also remember that different abilities have different weapon/crystal ratios. For example Joules second ability has a higher weapon ratio then crystal which is why her ability constantly deals damage throughout the game when building weapon power.

Good Luck!
SpiderPig

SpiderPig

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved