Vainglory Forums

Question about celeste

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dadderz » March 24, 2015 8:21pm | Report
does Julia's Light and Alternating Current combine? Julias light deals 50% crystal damage with each basic attack, while AC deals 115% crystal damage every other attack. I frequently get 500+ crystal power with 3 shards. So my basic attack is 10+(.5 x 500) = 260. Would the AC part just use the alternating current 10 + (1.15 x 500) = 570 or AC + my normal attack 570 + 260?
Name: Dadders
Lvl: 9
Wins: 944
Main character: Celeste Joule
Alt characters(jungle): Taka, Koshka, Catherine, Joule
Alt characters(lane): Ringo, Adagio, & Catherine, Joule, Celeste
practicing: Ardan & SAW

Dadderz
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Devanicus » March 24, 2015 8:31pm | Report
I think it's kind of like getting multiple Hourglasses. If you have a skill that recharges in 10 seconds and you get an hourglass that takes 50% off cool down it brings it to 5 seconds. Now if you get a second hourglass it would take 50% off the now recent cool down. So 50% of 5 seconds is 2.5 seconds. I think that's how it works for skills and it works for Celeste's Hero Perk.
IGN: Devanicus
Karma Level: 14
Skill Tier: Pretty Good
Main: Catherine
Secondary: Saw, Krul, Glaive & Skarf

Devanicus
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by wolf_hands » March 25, 2015 9:05am | Report
@Dadderz Celeste's Julia's Light and Alternating Current do work together. When you attack you should see 3 numbers appear: one for the weapon powered portion, one from Julia's Light, and the last from alternatnig current (granted it's every other attack).

@Devanicus Cooldown acceleration works a bit differently. I'll use Glaive's Afterburn as an example. Maxed out the cooldown should be 12 seconds. Add in a Clockwork and the cooldown will not be cut in half to 6 seconds. Instead, it will be down to 8 seconds. The formula for this is:

Quoted:
Cooldown timer / (1 + Cooldown acceleration)

Using the above example we get the maths of: (12) / (1 + 0.5) = 8

Or 12 divided by 1.5, which gives us 8.
IGN: wolf_hands
NA Regional Community Manager for SEMC
I'm on Twitter and Twitch too!

wolf_hands
<SEMC Staff>
Remarkable (22)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved