Vainglory Forums

Saw possible bug?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Horus_TheDragon » February 17, 2015 1:28pm | Report
I've played against a guy called IPA, he was saw on the enemy team, and I was Ardan, I had very good armour, with Aegis and the maximum armour and the very first one, he used to attack me and cancel his attack and attack again, like going back and forth in his place.

The problem is he is attacking on a faster firing rate at me, and becauseof him keeping going back and forth my hero wasn't able to attack him whenever i come close my hero stops next to him wihout attacking then run after him again while saw is going back and forth attacking me.

Ive tried it, its because of the fast controls, when u click a hero then the ground back then the hero again by two fingers in fast pattern it works, and its deadly with saw with 12 maxed.

Its very annoying to the heros that need to attack close because they get stuck next to saw while he is doing that. Any possible fix for this?
IG: Horus_TheDragon
Region: NA
Main: Saw, Krul, Ardan
Practicing: Taka, Glaive, Koshka
Skill Tier: Not Bad
Wins: 560

Death is upon you..

Horus_TheDragon
Quote | PM | +Rep by Hydraxis_Ph1r3 » February 17, 2015 5:11pm | Report
For the moment you should build an Atlas Pauldron with high atk speed like that. Also what you described and did is called stutterstepping, or orb walking in other games. The devs at SEMC have addressed this issue and are aware of its existence, you can find their objectives on what to work on in the 1.1.7 Update news. In the meantime counterbuild to what the enemy builds and have fun playing the game. Cheers and GL.
Server:NA
IG:Hydraxis
Main: Haven't decided
Good With: Ringo, SAW, and Krul
Tier: Decent-ish/Pretty Good

Hydraxis_Ph1r3
Notable (4)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Frostglaive » February 17, 2015 7:55pm | Report
You are talking about stutter stepping and it isn't a bug, its a part of the game and here to stay and there are plenty of ways to fix it. He was kiting you hence why you couldn't get close enough, one of the easiest ways to handle this for starters, don't go head to head with SAW thats your ranges job. As far as gear that can help you, Atlas Pauldron is a great counter to this as it slows down his attack speed by 65% making his stutter step and AS go way down. Hope this helps a little.

I didn't see the comment that had already been made on this when I typed all this out lol.
IGN : Frostglaive
Region: USA
Main: Catherine, Petal, Kashka, Skaarf
Practicing: Adagio, Krul
Karma Level: 17
Skill Tier: The Hotness
Check out my stream: Twitch.tv/Frostglaive

Frostglaive
Quote | PM | +Rep by Horus_TheDragon » February 18, 2015 4:52am | Report
Thank you guys!
IG: Horus_TheDragon
Region: NA
Main: Saw, Krul, Ardan
Practicing: Taka, Glaive, Koshka
Skill Tier: Not Bad
Wins: 560

Death is upon you..

Horus_TheDragon
Quote | PM | +Rep by nporaMep » February 18, 2015 5:18am | Report
Another option as melee hero is to do stutter step yourself - go through saw and click to attack him when you are almost inside him, then step behind him and attack him again. Combined with different "reset basic attack" abilities it can be heavy burst. E.g. Joule can make jump, 3 basic attacks and 2 thunder strikes combined with tension bow it is like 70-80% of saw's hp usually.

nporaMep
Notable (1)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved