Vainglory Forums

STOP TAKING THE FREAKIN' MINION MINE

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by CharlieCharlie » December 31, 2015 8:35pm | Report
It just bugs me how many people don't know what the Minion Mine actually does. It's for making your minions stronger, okay? Which means that they will push more to the enemy's turret. Meaning if you get it too early, the opponent can just freeze lane and make your team's laner lose out on so much farm. Majority of people I play with just see it as a cheap way to get 200 or something gold.

In short...DON'T GET IT UNLESS YOU ARE PUSHING FOR GAME or you are losing out on your turrets. Don't be greedy with the cheap gold.

CharlieCharlie
Quote | PM | +Rep by CharlieCharlie » December 31, 2015 8:35pm | Report
BUMP. More people should read this

CharlieCharlie
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » December 31, 2015 9:05pm | Report
yeah minion mines aren't something you should just take because they also make the lane minions give out more gold when there killed so your farm will be dragged to there turret so the enemy laner can farm and they'll get really really fed while you'll have to overextend to farm which will result in death from ganks.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » January 1, 2016 9:18am | Report
sometimes you should take the opponent's minion mine because

1) you get their gold
2) they're probably going to take it back
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » January 1, 2016 12:42pm | Report
True but whenever a enemy team does that when I 3 man queue in ranked we leave it and our laner gets fed and from there we snowball them in team fights.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by WelshWizard » January 1, 2016 7:36pm | Report
The pros don't take them for a reason. Good point and overlooked alot.

WelshWizard
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by uncrudable » January 1, 2016 8:46pm | Report
Although sometimes getting minion mines can be good. I've lost games because enemy team invades in solo queue when I play Krul because our laner comes down to help, mean while the enemy laner burns down our turrets and ports back home. So it can be useful against in unorganised teams.

uncrudable
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by CharlieCharlie » January 4, 2016 5:30pm | Report
But most of the time in solo queue, they just get it because they are greedy for gold and have no idea what it even does.

CharlieCharlie
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » January 4, 2016 5:40pm | Report
So:

In solo queue, people get the minion mine because they have no idea what it does and want the gold. Gold is good, but it also helps the other team. A lot.

I think the easiest way to solve this is to just get the other team's minion mine. Sure, they might not take it back, but it's solo queue, and you said so yourself that many people don't know what it does.

Odds are they're going to take it back. So you get gold, and minion waves will be balanced again.

In the case where they don't take the minion mine, push the turrets as hard as you can. That way, you can make use of your strong minions instead of just letting the other team farm it.
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved