Vainglory Forums

Stutterstep Shutterstep?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » February 23, 2015 6:35pm | Report
Can someone who is good at this be so generous as to enlighten me on how it's properly done?

I can do it with SAW but not with Ringo and I'm curious how it's done with him. I can do it moderately but nothing close like the streams I've seen where Vainglorious tier players achieve - they'd get a single Blazing Salvo with Ringo and stutter as if they have Tornado Trigger.

I understand the mechanism and logic behind it... however I've tried different speeds/combinations and the shots never appear to fire that fast unless I actually have a Tornado Trigger or x2 Salvo. Even then, Ringo seem to shoot faster when he's just standing there. Otherwise, I spam tap too fast and Ringo doesn't shoot altogether and I'm guessing it's canceling out the shoot action as well.

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by wolf_hands » February 24, 2015 10:13am | Report
Most likely it's a combination of a few things:

1) As soon as the first auto-attack fires, they pop Twirling Silver which will give another auto immediately after the first.
2) Then, the most likely explanation, is that they know the speed at which to stutter and do not rely on visual cues. Creating a more fluid stutterstep (oxymoron, I know).
IGN: wolf_hands
NA Regional Community Manager for SEMC
I'm on Twitter and Twitch too!

wolf_hands
<SEMC Staff>
Remarkable (22)
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » February 24, 2015 5:39pm | Report
Well, despite a few deaths was able to do it last game hah. Gonna need some time getting natural with the move as it ****s up my overall rhythm and focus too much on the stutter...but I was able to get quite a few kills while chasing / being chased by enemy melee characters. Enemy Ringo was no match for me 1on1.

longdongkim
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by strikermain » February 26, 2015 2:39pm | Report
the current attack speed determines how fast to double tap.
it varies by hero.
but they got rid of stutter step in 1.2 and nerfed BP completely. its unusable for the stutter build.
I'm not liking the way this game is evolving.

strikermain
Quote | PM | +Rep by dream21 » February 26, 2015 6:38pm | Report
strikermain wrote:

it varies by hero.
but they got rid of stutter step in 1.2 and nerfed BP completely. its unusable for the stutter build.

They didn't get rid of SS, they got rid of the attack speed bonus you got from it.
IGN: dream21
Region: NA

dream21
<Editor>
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by longdongkim » February 26, 2015 8:01pm | Report
strikermain wrote:

it varies by hero.

That's a good tip, I just assumed you're suppose to tap in a consistent manner. Either way, seems quite useless now unless during chase/being chased...it won't affect my gameplay too much.

I'm guessing it's the Vaingloious players who will complain the most since they rely on it heavily.

longdongkim
Notable (13)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved