Vainglory Forums

There has to be a better way...

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by kellytehuna » July 8, 2016 1:19pm | Report
I just received a ban for AFK in a game that I actually wanted to quit, but my team mates wouldn't accept the resignation. In the end, my internet connection **** itself.

It got me to thinking though, there has to be a better way to handle both the resignation and the bans. I mean, this game was over after 8 minutes. I was CP Krul, with a Catherine that kept running away, leaving me to fight a CP Petal and Lyra alone. By the 8 minute mark we were already two turrets down and levels behind. By 12 minutes, Petal and Ringo were level 12, while was still stuck at level 8 and our Ringo was level 9.

I actually attempted to resign twice before my connection dropped, but I've been in many games where the game is done, and two of us have repeatedly wanted to reign only to be made to stay and ultimately lose. Surely, if two have confirmed a resignation say 3 times - force quit, please!

As for the ban, the activity in game should be taken in to account. If a player is attempting to resign, and does so repeatedly, especially if another player is in favor of resigning, that should not count against you if you decide to just quit instead. I don't know...

kellytehuna
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by vikings102 » July 11, 2016 1:20pm | Report
No this shouldn't happen, I have been in many matches when I haven't surrendered when my team mates want to, and we have come back and won in scenarios far worse then the one you stated

vikings102
Remarkable (25)
Quote | PM | +Rep by HyperKiller » July 11, 2016 4:05pm | Report
Krul going 2v1 against Petal and Lyra? Ouch. I completely agree with you though, and I have been in the same position too many times, with one teammate that just wants to keep it going to the bitter end.

HyperKiller
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Laughtrack » July 12, 2016 2:16am | Report
Well, the thing is Kelly that due to the new update (Summer update) in which "sunlight" is given. In casual/ranked matches losing gives you 1/3 of sunlight and winning gives you one whole star, and skins give u bonus sunlight (tier1=33%,tier2=66%,tier3=100%, and limited edition skin=???%) so I think ur allies don't give up because of those bonuses. BUT to get it in ranked/casual u need to play at least for 10-15 minutes to get them (win or lose) so thats why not everyone gives up early during the game, however doing the "3 times surrender" thing u suggest would lead to more toxic player(people who just keep pinging "?" throughout the game and become "friends" with u just to swear at u in chat) and also they would stop playing properly. I am sorry if I couldn't explain properly, i am currently in battle with with my siblings.

Laughtrack

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved