Vainglory Forums

Why lane adagio?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » July 18, 2015 8:03pm | Report
I have nothing against adagio, but is he really the best choice in the lane? There's so many other laners to carry with. His damage output really can't compare to ringo, joule, vox, celeste, & so on. I'm quite tired of having to give up the lane pre-game to bossy adagio's that are never able to come up with the damage that I could come up with using ringo. He's a great support & even a useful jungler, but I can't figure out why somebody would use him in the lane. I feel like the precious lane gold would be better spent on another character.

Thoughts on adagio? His ult is great, but his other two abilities are much more assist-oriented, which is why I'd rather have him supporting.
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Droclivity » July 19, 2015 10:16pm | Report
I'm new to the game, so take my response with a grain of salt...

Adagio may not pack much of a punch in the early stages, but judicious use of his A and B together allows for pretty reliable damage. Additionally, his A burns down creep waves quickly enough to push the lane at will, especially when used in conjunction with B. He can be difficult to remove from the lane without multiple stuns/slows because of what his A brings to the table.

Granted I haven't made it to the higher ranks yet, but I find myself outlasting most opponents, even when going up against double laners. That said, I prefer to support with Adagio, but at these lower ranks it feels like I'm opening the door for my team to throw the game when I do.

Droclivity
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheBird0fHermes » July 20, 2015 1:43am | Report
I main Adagio.
Is support confined to the jungle? Or do you just have a problem with sharing?

Now to explain Adagios godlike awesomeness.
Adagio is THE versatile. For him to be an effective laner you just raise his attack speed. Agent of wrath raises his damage, adds crystal damage, and increases the damage from gift of fire. Gift of fire burns multiple minions and heroes at once and recharges energy as they take damage. Both of these are more powerful when used on Adagio himself. There's a build for everything.

As far as comparing him to Ringo...
Low difficultly level =/= Medium level difficulty
Skill tier: 4 Decent-ish - Bronze
Main: Adagio and Taka
(Decent with Ringo, Rona, Vox, Celeste and Catherine)

TheBird0fHermes
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » July 20, 2015 9:02pm | Report

I main Adagio.
Is support confined to the jungle? Or do you just have a problem with sharing?

Now to explain Adagios godlike awesomeness.
Adagio is THE versatile. For him to be an effective laner you just raise his attack speed. Agent of wrath raises his damage, adds crystal damage, and increases the damage from gift of fire. Gift of fire burns multiple minions and heroes at once and recharges energy as they take damage. Both of these are more powerful when used on Adagio himself. There's a build for everything.

As far as comparing him to Ringo...
Low difficultly level =/= Medium level difficulty

Well, that first paragraph was a bit rude, but I'll let it go haha. When making that thread, I had ran into a number of bad lane adagio's that couldn't come up with a good damage output, so be a little bit more understanding. & supports playing the lane is a little new to me- I mean, I generally don't stumble across cath or ardan whooping *** up there- so to answer your question, neither I suppose...?

The second paragraph explains it quite well, & im seeing it successful when played properly. Thank you!

As for the 3rd paragraph, I'm not sure I understand. If your justification is that higher difficulties means better heroes... Ehhh... Look at saw.
Server- NA

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » July 20, 2015 9:06pm | Report
Droclivity wrote:

I'm new to the game, so take my response with a grain of salt...

Adagio may not pack much of a punch in the early stages, but judicious use of his A and B together allows for pretty reliable damage. Additionally, his A burns down creep waves quickly enough to push the lane at will, especially when used in conjunction with B. He can be difficult to remove from the lane without multiple stuns/slows because of what his A brings to the table.

Granted I haven't made it to the higher ranks yet, but I find myself outlasting most opponents, even when going up against double laners. That said, I prefer to support with Adagio, but at these lower ranks it feels like I'm opening the door for my team to throw the game when I do.

You may be new, but you know a lot haha. Adagio is one hero I never got comfortable with unfortunately. I guess I was convinced that his laning power stemmed from his basic attacks when it's much more ability based through his random mid-fight heals, slows, & stuns. Thanks for the reply!
Server- NA

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Ettercap » July 22, 2015 2:04pm | Report
Playing against adagio in lane is annoying. His fire burns you and over time, it stacks up... But damage wise, he is lacking.
Mein: Glaive
Alts: Taka & Ringo & Ardan.
Skill level: whichever one I'm stuck in :(

Ettercap
Notable (2)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Yangusbeef » July 26, 2015 11:56am | Report
Adagio is supposed to be a sustain lane. Practically infinite mana and likewise infinite heal. He has a great ability that buffs his dps.
I never play scaarf but I have him as my avatar to mess with people.
I am a young pizza cat, even though I hate koshka.
IGN: Yangusbeef
Rank: Pretty good. It fluctuates between bronze, silver. and gold, but I usually never go under or over that.

Yangusbeef
Notable (11)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved