Vainglory Forums

Nyx Lore 1: The Moon Child and the Silent Assassin (New Hero Idea)

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheCatfish » April 2, 2017 2:28pm | Report
New hero idea: Nyx, a girl with special abilities and a unique connection to Taka's former life. Using the powers the Moon has granted her, she gains powers that improve her crystal power and movement speed. Nyx is a carry mage that stuns and deals burst damage to heroes while also healing herself. She excels at fighting on the edge and then locking down enemies that try to flee.

The wind gently pushed the grass under the watchful eye of the full moon. It's gaze piercing a silent assassin who stalked its prey under the shelter of great oak trees. Water swirled in graceful circles above dark scarlet fox ears in the clearing as the assassin watched carefully, searching its victim for a weakness. A girl, about 14, with her back to him and her amber hair billowing in the wind. Tattoos curled down the girls arms in a wave-like pattern, pulsing different shades of blue. A fly landed on one of the assassins white fox ears, and it twitched. The girls hands went ridged and the water above her grew sharp and frozen. She can find someone with just the slightest movement? Who is this girl? The assasin stood completely still as did the girl. Another fly buzzed on the assasin's ear and it flicked it away by impulse. A second later, razor sharp ice shards were hurldeling through the air at the white eared fox. He flipped over them just in time to have them scrape his cheek. Blood started to trickle down the assassins face. He looked up to the girl facing him, arms moving gently like the pushing and pulling of the tides by the moon.

"Why have you come?" She said as her sea green eyes gazed curiously, like a cat toying with a mouse, at the assassins.

"You have been warned before not to wander in the Tangled woods. I am the silent assassin, the Shiro Kage who guards this forest. I will kill to keep to these woods peaceful."

"I must warn you, no assassin has ever been able to kill me." With a flick of her finger the ice shards embedded in the oak trees melted away and returned to their master as crystal clear water. Then the girl lowered herself into a defensive position, her arms outstretched in front of her, the water snaking down her arm defending her. Cocky, just like me. She reminds me of me when I was younger.

"Then I will be the first." The assassin smiled. "Let's get started." The Shiro Kage sprinted toward the girl, thin bone blades protruding from his arm as his bushy white tail streamed behind him. The girl flipped over him, her scarlet tail flowing behind her. She landed effortlessly. She uses techniques of the place I destroyed! Anger started to build in the forest guardian. He attacked again only to see her dodge again. This time the girl managed to slash the assassins arm with her sharp water. The assassins rage grew so big he was pulsing dark waves of Ki. He yelled out in fury so loud that all the birds in the Tangled Wood were startled and flew away into the night. The girl was also taken aback. Seeing this moment of weakness, the assassin cut through the girl, all of his anger poured into his blades. By instinct, she moved just in time that his blades hit her side. She gasped in pain, as a blood started to well, staining her slashed black clothes. Quickly she guided the water to her wound and let it lie there, slowly healing her as it pulsed different shades of blue. The assassin walked up to her, showing mercy.

"This is your final warning. Leave the woods." She looked up with tear filled eyes, her ears dropping and tail curled around her. That wasn't even a real fight. She has much to learn about the life of a rogue.

"I-I have no where to go..." She was on the brink of sobbing. "I didn't harm anything or anyone! Please let me stay!" The assassin sighed deeply pondering the idea of just leaving her. He would have at one point. But he was the Shiro Kage, guardian of the Tangled Woods, bringer of justice. He couldn't live with himself if he left her. Once already had he strayed from the path of good, when he killed his mentor and ran errands for House Kamuha.

"Fine. Come with me." The assassin started walking into the woods.

"Thanks." She hobbled to her feet, struggling to follow. "What's your name?"

"Taka. Yours?" She's pretty cheerful all of a sudden, didn't I just stab her? She must be alone in the world.

"Nyx." The moon became covered by the trees and it grew dark. Nyx looked frightened. Taka awkwardly offered a hand to her. She accepted gratefully and grew more comfortable in the darkness of the Tangled Wood. They walked together, sharing the girls weight.

"Why are you here in the Tangled Wood?" Taka asked as he helped Nyx traverse the overgrown forest floor.

"I come from a house of assassins. They did evil things there, things I could never bring myself to do. A year ago I managed to escape my home and ever since, my mother has sent assassins after me because of my gift, or maybe it's because I am the only daughter of her house. Usually every month or so they would find me, and I could escape from them. But this month no one came."

The moon child looked up at the silent assassin with a weak smile."I think I might finally be free of House Kamuha."

To be continued...

For a ton more cool, SEMC worthy hero ideas click this link.You can even help add your own ideas to the list!:3

Nyx: Ranged-Carry-Mage
Heroic perk and Abilities

Heroic perk: Instinct
Nyx was born with the ability to bend water to her will, and very rare gift in her land. Instead of energy, her abilities require certain amounts of water to activate. She gains 5% max water every 1.5 second outside of combat(2 seconds within combat) with a max of 100% water. With every ability, she gets 20% the water used back. Nyx gains a stack of Instinct every 6 seconds maxing out at 6 stacks, falling off after 2.6 seconds without basic attacking or using an ability. With more stacks stored, the less time it takes for a stack(6-5-4-3-2-1). 1 stack equals +.1 movement speed and +5% attack speed.

Ability A: Icy waterfall
Nyx shots razor sharp ice shards in a small cone in a target direction, stunning any enemies for .8 seconds that are hit by the shards. This ability requires a minimum of 30% water to activate and can deal more damage with more water stored. Overdrive creates a longer cone. This ability grants 1 stack of Instinct.

Ability B: Healing waters
Nyx guides her water to her wounds and gets a burst of health and movement speed based on her crystal power. This ability requires 45% water to activate. The ability grants 1 stack of Instinct. Overdrive increases amount of health gained.

Ultimate: Full Moon
Nyx's powers are their strongest so she gains 150% of her crystal power, basic attacks that slow enemies slightly, and a barrier of health based on her crystal power before using her ult. This empowered state last for 2.6 seconds. This ability requires 85% water and grants 3 stacks of Instinct.
Hope you liked Nyx! Feel free to give feedback and comment! SEMC is allowed to use and change Nyx and is encouraged to!:3
"Life without risk is as dull and mindless as lane minions." -TheCatfish :3

TheCatfish
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by TFDeathRay » April 2, 2017 3:17pm | Report
SA WEET! This feels like SEMC material, but the only issue is that skin lores are separate from canon lores so I think you might have to change Shiro Kage Take to regular Taka.

Real footage of me hiding in a bush, waiting for the 1/13/2 Celeste. Circa(2017)

Awards Showcase
Show more awards
TFDeathRay
Notable (13)
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheCatfish » April 2, 2017 5:08pm | Report
Thanks so much! I had the idea for this character a few days ago because Taka doesn't have much lore with anyone.(Accept Gwen, but you don't get much character arc). I see what your saying with the skin issue, I ran into that problem. All the skin lore and alternatie fate lore and whatnot all kinda get confusing and hard to build with. However, I think that this kind of skin and canon lore can be really cool. It can create interwoven stories and deeper pasts. Also regular Taka would have left her, it is a line in my story, but now he is more caring and compassionate toward others.
-Just remembered, Red Lantern Koshka has lore with reg Ozo so it wouldn't be a problem:)

TheCatfish
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Los tiburon » April 8, 2017 1:01pm | Report
I hope they add her to the game

Los tiburon
Quote | PM | +Rep by Takuisgud » April 9, 2017 6:19pm | Report
Her kit seems kind of weird she's a like an attack speed, mobility mage
Her ult also seems werid since it takes such a large portion of an resource maybe change it to 76-80%
Me Random student

Takuisgud
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheCatfish » April 9, 2017 7:14pm | Report
Thanks for the feedback! I will change her a bit:3 also I tried to make her able to use wp and cp a little so that's why there's the attack speed perk.

TheCatfish
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Takuisgud » April 9, 2017 9:52pm | Report
also she seems more like a mage then an assassin. I mean yea she has some decent mobility but she does not fit of a assassin role sorta like vox kinda like an assassin but is not one. her Passive and a ability is perfectly fine to be honest, But she is able to heal as a assassin/mage, And what's more confusing is that she is able to choose who to heal. I think what this ability should be some type of mobility dash. As for the ultimate if you share the same cool down as the person who you ulted then that's broken since you can just use there ultimate wherever you want to. for example your facing a crystal power joule. You ult her and you ult at the kraken, now they do not have ultimate and is taking damage from kraken for 4 seconds. If its a separate cool down then this ultimate is fine. Now this hero idea is great but it kind of defeats the purpose of assassins(I'm so sorry for being so harsh ;-;)
Me Random student

Takuisgud
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheCatfish » April 10, 2017 2:18pm | Report
No your not being too harsh:3 I appreciate anyone who takes the time to give me feedback on my characters! Also I will take all of your suggestions into account, I could make it so that you cannot use others ultimates and just ability a and b for reduced damage. I also could use some suggestions as to what Nyx would do when controlling other heros. It's kinda op if she can attack and and control. I will also hanged it so that she can only heal herself so it is less op and I she your point as to her being a mage. Maybe she can be the first jungler mage.

TheCatfish
Notable (6)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Takuisgud » April 10, 2017 6:40pm | Report
u forgot riem and petal xd
Me Random student

Takuisgud
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by TheCatfish » April 11, 2017 5:32am | Report
Oh yeah:p

TheCatfish
Notable (6)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved