Vainglory Forums

All skill tiers

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Declan » January 21, 2015 6:09pm | Report
I've been stuck at "Not bad" skill ranking for the longest time, and I just cant get out of it. I was wondering what are all the tier ranks and what order they go in. Does anyone know?
IGN : Declan
Region : North America
Karma Level : 15
Skill Tier : Pretty Good - The Hotness

Declan
Quote | PM | +Rep by DoudJr » January 21, 2015 8:39pm | Report
The skill tiers in order are :

- Not bad
- Decent-ish
- Pretty good
- The hotness
- Simply Amazing
- Pinnacle of awesome
- Vainglorious (but nobody reached this one yet, we know it exists because the devs said so)

In order to progress between skills tiers, you have to win games. Every time you win a game, your "experience" goes up until you "level up" into the next skill tier. If you loose a game, your experience goes down, and you might even "level down" into a lower skill tier.

But, there are some more rules to the skill tiers ranking :
- If you win against a team composed with players who have a higher skill tier than yours, you will win more experience, and level up way faster
- On the other hand, if you lose against a team composed with players who have a lower skill tier than yours, you will level down way faster

That is how it works.

Now, if you want some advices to be better, here are some very well explained :
http://forums.vainglorygame.com/index.php?threads/tips-for-solo-queuing-to-simply-amazing.8104/
Or
http://forums.vainglorygame.com/index.php?threads/solo-pubbing-to-pinnacle-of-awesome.8966/

My last advice would be for sure to read build guides for the heroes you like to play. They helped me a lot when I started, helped me understand each part of the heroes, what they can do and what they can't do, how are they better built. Do not read only the object's build, but also all the explanations there are most of the time on the popular builds. Once you'll have the theory of a hero, experience it on the battlefield, learn to feel your hero, his power and his weakness. From there, you will be very strong. To tell you, I never play in groups, I only play in solo queue meaning I play with strangers. And yet I reached the skill tier "The hotness" which is quite good for me. But it took me a long time to reach this, alot of patience. I dealed with AFKs, teammates who spent their whole games feeding the enemy in gold by dying. But now it's over, and I enjoy every damn game, because I know that if my team lost, it's also because of me and not because of an AFK or a feeder. I have bad games, every one have even the people who have the skill tier "Pinnacle of awesome". Don't let them bring you down, always keep going.
Well then, good luck on your quest, I'm sure you'll make it
IGN : DoudJr
Region: EU
Main: SAW, Catherine
Practicing: Adagio, Petal
Skill Tier : Simply Amazing

DoudJr
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Declan » January 22, 2015 11:45am | Report
I started using Catherine because apparently people don't know how to defend against her, and now, I'm actually starting to rise tiers.

Declan
Quote | PM | +Rep by DoudJr » January 22, 2015 12:19pm | Report
Declan wrote:

I started using Catherine because apparently people don't know how to defend against her, and now, I'm actually starting to rise tiers.

To tell, I was stuck at "The Hotness" for an eternity with my main heroes : SAW and Taka. I couldn't go higher with them. Then I played Catherine and went to "Simply Amazing" so fast I still don't believe it

DoudJr
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Declan » January 24, 2015 5:49pm | Report
Yeah, I'm now bouncing back and forth between pretty good and decent-ish with her. I also of found a make-shift team, so that's helping me a lot as well.

Declan
Quote | PM | +Rep by Dadderz » January 25, 2015 8:00am | Report
DoudJr wrote:

To tell, I was stuck at "The Hotness" for an eternity with my main heroes : SAW and Taka. I couldn't go higher with them. Then I played Catherine and went to "Simply Amazing" so fast I still don't believe it

I agree with Doudjr, I was stuck between "decentish" and "not bad", until I switched to Catherine. I would hope for a teammate playing Ringo or Saw, then go full defense. Now I'm stable in the pretty good rating. I don't get the same satisfaction playing full defense, and I don't think people recognize or notice when I have 15-20 assists per game. Best game so far I was 2/4/28, and we won.
Name: Dadders
Lvl: 9
Wins: 944
Main character: Celeste Joule
Alt characters(jungle): Taka, Koshka, Catherine, Joule
Alt characters(lane): Ringo, Adagio, & Catherine, Joule, Celeste
practicing: Ardan & SAW

Dadderz
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Leolordsol 88 » January 26, 2015 9:33pm | Report
Dies the skill tier tak into account on individual stats? I can't count how many good games Ive had only to be stuck on a bad team that losses because players do whatever they want. As aresult I'm stuck in the decentish tier after being in the pretty good tier

Leolordsol 88
Quote | PM | +Rep by DoudJr » January 27, 2015 3:13am | Report

Dies the skill tier tak into account on individual stats? I can't count how many good games Ive had only to be stuck on a bad team that losses because players do whatever they want. As aresult I'm stuck in the decentish tier after being in the pretty good tier

No, the skill tier takes in account one and simple fact : did youy win or not ? No matter how you won or lost.
Keep going, that's my advice, learn how to carry your team.

DoudJr
Notable (16)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Fenelia » January 27, 2015 3:42pm | Report
Getting skill tier up is pretty easy. I go afk about 70% of my matches and I still win by getting carried. Now I've reached the hotness by going afk, I like it, going up due to brilliant team mates, while I cook myself dinner (^-^)
IGN: Fenelia
Main: Koshka
Skill Tier: Terribad :(

Fenelia
Notable (3)
Quote | PM | +Rep by D1ctory » May 3, 2015 3:43am | Report
Hello everyone, a quick suggestion. A lot of players practice with many different heroes, but they do not perfect a technique with a specific hero. It is awesome to get to know the different strengths and weaknesses of characters, however keep in mind that some players have perfected strategies according to certain heroes. For this reason, specialize in a few. Usually 1 "lane" and 1 (or 2 if you're advanterous) "jungle/roamer". Always remember: it's not about which character is the highest damage dealer/strongest defense, it 's about which team is cooperating best.

D1ctory

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved