Vainglory Forums

Catherine and her Bubble

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » October 10, 2015 2:12pm | Report
Before reading your responses I thought I'd never play Catherine again because she was so "boring." Now i really want to play her because of the bubble. I never really thought of the bubble as useful in getting kills, I always thought it was more defensive and useful when you're running away.
Current Tier - The Hotness Bronze

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

http://www.vaingloryfire.com/vainglory/forum/recruitment
I had trouble finding it at first too :)

And I swear it's not a RickRoll(or is it???)
And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » October 10, 2015 5:12pm | Report
So... I just tried SexyMonkeyKing's catherine build in a 1 vs. 1 private match with a taka and... OH MY GOSH I WON

I maxed out my a and b abilities and bought:

clockwork
clockwork
boots
aftershock
eve of harvest
frostburn

the bubble did sooo much damage I ended up with a 6-7 score. The only reason I died that many times is because this Catherine build is weaker in the beginning because you're bubble takes a while to cooldown. However once it only takes 2 seconds to cooldown you are going to do some major damage.

And if you're looking for the Recruitment/Looking for a Guild Section, click here:

And yes I realize that it has the vaingloryfire.com website name in the link so it's obviously not a trick.

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by SexyMonkeyKing » October 10, 2015 8:24pm | Report
You can skip eve since it's only a 20% life steal. Especially against a taka I would stick with contraption so you can flare and mine. You also get health, regen, cooldown. Plus you can clear jungles or lanes faster with the extra minion damage.
IGN: SexyMonkeyKing
Region: NA
Main: Usually any Support
Great Karma
Karma Lvl: 20

SexyMonkeyKing
Notable (12)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Veneticius » October 11, 2015 2:41pm | Report
yeah i started building contraption and I like it a lot :)
Contraption can turn the tide of the battle with a scout mines. Even though it's a waste of mines I sometimes plant 3 in the bushes near the gold mine so when the enemy team comes near our side I could stun one of them on top. (I would be hiding in the bush next to that bush)

One of the best teams that can really utilize this "strategy" is what I call the Triple Stun Team.

It is made up of Celeste, Phinn, and Joule. All of them have AOE stuns so if they aim their stuns near each other chances are someone's gonna get stunned on those mines

Veneticius
Remarkable (21)
Quote | PM | +Rep by FederalMafia » October 12, 2015 9:16am | Report

Go ahead and focus the "non Tanky" build, but with cooldowns that fast I am pretty Tanky. Plus the way I play I am never alone. Always with my jungle or lane. Let's say it is 2 v 2 in the jungle. Visibility is never really a problem because of the contraption. I start with a stun and a mine drop. Once the stun Wears off I pop my shield and the mines goes off while my buddy is attacking. In this scenario, who do you attack? You attack me with my shield up or my teammate? Once my shield runs out it has a 2sec cooldown. So I stun you which lasts 1.4secs and then shield again. Like I said, I main Catherine.

I am not saying it's the best build just for me it is and it works at my skill level obviously.

I don't question your math at all. I'm not even saying that this is a bad strategy. What I meant by the enemy team letting you hang around with this is that your build is strong late game, but would take a very long time to get all those items. I can see this build in a real game taking forever, especially if the enemy team is watching your build path. I would definitely be invading your jungle and racking up kills early on, since you would be extremely weak early - mid game. It would be easy to starve your team for gold, never allowing you to get to that final kit you showed. I don't know what skill tier you are in, but like I said, if a decent team is watching what your building they would recognize that you would be easy to push around early and would switch to a much more aggressive strategy.

This is only advice for the OP, and if your strategy is working for you, then by all means don't change it. For the OP, if you are having a hard time against Catherine, I'd suggest trying to starve her by killing her off early and often. If she is not the tank, get rid of her.
[*] IGN - FederalMafia (NA)

"When I'm in command, every mission is a suicide mission."

FederalMafia
Notable (7)

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved