Vainglory Forums

Is skaarf way too OP?

Please review our General Rules & Guidelines before posting or commenting anywhere on VaingloryFire.
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » May 10, 2015 7:49pm | Report
Every high level team seems to have a skaarf now. He can control the lane better than any other character with his distanced damage, his Area of effect damage with his first & third abilities is huge, and he consistently dominates in team fights all game. I could go on, but the point is made. I've basically given up on laning, as I don't have current access to skaarf & I can't keep up against him using any other lane character. Kind of frustrating to know that it'll be like this till the next major update, if they even decide to give him a nerf.
Skill tier- usually floating around in simply amazing
Server- NA
I can play any position. Add me for a match!

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » May 11, 2015 2:38pm | Report
Ummm am I the only one who has noticed skaarf dominating?
Server- NA

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Kaihara_ » May 11, 2015 3:42pm | Report
skaarf only does high damage and lands kills in early game. fan the flames can do serious damage, but only if you let him lay stacks of fire on you. if you back off when he hits you, there wont be a problem. also, reflex block, boots. outa there
IGN: Kaihara
Skill Tier: POA Bronze
Wins: 1000+
Main: Blackfeather
Also great with: Glaive, Ringo, Vox, Ardan

Kaihara_
Quote | PM | +Rep by SpiderPig » May 12, 2015 12:17pm | Report
I main skarrf and I love playing with him. However I have to agree he is overpowered. I rember I played one match and 1v1 krul and won!

SpiderPig
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » May 12, 2015 1:34pm | Report
Kaihara_ wrote:

skaarf only does high damage and lands kills in early game. fan the flames can do serious damage, but only if you let him lay stacks of fire on you. if you back off when he hits you, there wont be a problem. also, reflex block, boots. outa there

So what about late game when he flips on his ultimate & throws off the whole team fight? You're basically saying that you have to run away when he comes towards you. That's not a very good argument against the idea that he's OP. & yes, reflex block & boots can work well... When you're running away... I totally didn't realize how to run away before this, thank you so much, that's a life saver dude
Server- NA

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Bootylicious » May 12, 2015 1:35pm | Report
SpiderPig wrote:

I main and skarrf and I love playing with him. However I have to agree he is overpowered. I rember I played one match and 1v1 krul and won!

He actually does quite well against krul, as he can slow his rush, and krul needs long fights... And skaarf's perk helps him to do well in long fights haha. But I feel you mate, keep doing good with him!
Server- NA

Bootylicious
Notable (18)
Quote | PM | +Rep by Greddle » May 13, 2015 1:50am | Report
Yes he is completely over powered once you get to simply amazing all comps have skarf. His ult is almost a Gaurenteed win. The burst he has is too much I've tried everything to kill him. 10% of health per second is way too much damage. Skarf is a better jungler then all the other heroes right now.

Greddle
Quote | PM | +Rep by Greddle » May 13, 2015 1:56am | Report
Kaihara_ wrote:

This becomes a problem when you keep getting pushed out of the forest. Each time you try to kill something you get hit in the face with a fireball. I was able to solo krul and TAKA with skarf he needed to be toned down a bit.

Greddle
Quote | PM | +Rep by IronChef » May 13, 2015 8:14am | Report
Does anyone have a counter for him? Besides running away? It's kinda ridiculous. Even his auto attack early game is OP. Seems like if he is in range and you don't have boots you can't get away from him.
Are we going to have to wait for an update? Or can someone give a strategy or build to counter Skaarf?
Thanks

IronChef
Notable (1)
Quote | PM | +Rep by PotatoMonger » May 13, 2015 8:57am | Report
And easy counter for skaarf is taka. Especially if you build burst damage he is really squishy and if you go invisible theirs not much he can do.

PotatoMonger

Quick Reply

Please log in or sign up to post!

VaingloryFire is the place to find the perfect build guide to take your game to the next level. Learn how to play a new hero, or fine tune your favorite VG hero’s build and strategy.

Copyright © 2019 VaingloryFire | All Rights Reserved